BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2017 2:33 pm  #921

Re: The "Good News" thread

Sorry for the double-post. In my defense, it's over 3 months later and I have such good news that I just can't contain it.
Last night, one of my dreams came true. I got to see a performance of a play I wrote. Every fall, the drama department at my university performs a selection of one-act plays written by students at my university. I have wanted to write a play to be performed there since I started studying here. In the summer of 2016 I finally started writing a play. Over that summer I wrote it and worked on it during the rest of the year and this past May (2017) I sent it in for their consideration and they selected it. It's been such an amazing journey working towards this performance, talking with the director and actors and doing little revisions, and it was so cool to see their interpretation of it. They were creative with the basic setting that I had given for the story and their costumes and performances were also great. It was so cool to finally see it happening, to see my characters brought to life onstage. Until it started it still didn't feel real. But I enjoyed watching it so much, and knowing that some of my friends got to watch it with me. I'm glad they liked it, too.
I wished I could have seen the play again, but it was already the second of the two performances they gave and I was unable to attend the first one. I had trouble sleeping last night because I was just so happy. And I still am.

Clueing for looks.

October 2, 2017 6:42 pm  #922

That is such an awesome thing to achieve, well done! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 2, 2017 8:25 pm  #923

Thanks. I think it had to be one of the best nights of my life, to finally see my characters alive in front of me and so wonderfully portrayed. I'm kind of sad it's over. But the dress rehearsal was filmed, so I am going to be able to have that memento of the experience to hold onto. I also have a photo of the cast, director, and stage manager. Well, it's a photo I took of the cast photo that was displayed in the lobby on the night of the show.

Last edited by Yitzock (October 2, 2017 8:26 pm)

Clueing for looks.

October 5, 2017 9:00 am  #924

Wow! Amazing! It has to be really satisfying. Congrats for that work!

P.S.: And I just wanted to mention that on Friday I met my favourite singer again. Meanwhile I met him a lot of times in more than 30 years and well... should get used to it somehow. But I still have butterflies in my stomach when he's around. We're both not young any more, he put on weight (okay, me too... lol) and you can definitely see his age. But I can't tell you how attractive he still is to me. He also is very charming. Maybe that's the reason why...

Last edited by gently69 (October 5, 2017 9:12 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 6, 2017 2:48 pm  #925

Thanks, gently. It was.

Sounds like you had a nice time. I believe you may have talked about this before, but if you have I can't remember. Who is the singer?

Clueing for looks.

October 9, 2017 10:08 am  #926

Yeah, Yitzock, I talked about him here before. Was another occasion back then.
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=273028#p273028
His name is Tony Hadley, most successful back in the 80s with the english band Spandau Ballet. He isn't that well known any more but still has his fandom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 3, 2017 2:38 pm  #927

I just got a very lovely letter in the mail! 

I'm having my student debt forgiven! I was struggling to pay it with my income, and my friend helped me fill out a form to ask for forgiveness and it's been granted! 

I celebrated it with buying myself a Christmas calendar with teas...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2017 3:04 pm  #928

That's amazing news, Phantom!

Clueing for looks.

November 3, 2017 3:07 pm  #929

That's fantastic!
Congratulations sweetie!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 3, 2017 4:38 pm  #930

Good news indeed...
Seeingn as we're on the topic: because of money my husband left, I was able to pay off my son's student debt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2017 6:28 pm  #931

That's a silver lining, isn't it? (Though I'm sorry for the way you came to it) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2017 6:36 pm  #932

I don't think my husband had planned absolutely everything...but we all feel that he at least knew he was leaving us financially secure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 7, 2021 2:28 pm  #933

For the first time in over a year, my parents and I were able to book tickets to a play! It's been so long since I've been to a play (I think the last time I saw one was in the fall of 2019). Even though I had been missing being able to see plays at the beginning of the pandemic, but even though I knew I was looking forward to finally being able to see one again one day, I'd kind of gotten used to it just not really being possible and I'd made my peace with it. But when we ordered our tickets for a performance this September, I just felt so excited! And, it's going to be another Sherlock Holmes play, with the same cast as the last one I saw (an adaptation of The Hound of the Baskervilles, which I posted about after I saw it).

Clueing for looks.

July 30, 2021 7:56 pm  #934

This sounds great. Have a good time at the theatre. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 31, 2021 6:25 am  #935

That does sound good, I am well jealous.
Enjoy and report back,Yitzock.

August 11, 2021 4:08 pm  #936

Oh, I think I definitely will!

Clueing for looks.

August 22, 2022 12:23 pm  #937

The good news is that we finally managed to resume cargo transportation in Europe after the pandemic, and also that I found https://supercmr.com/ which helps to easily create a cmr document. Right after the pandemic, I had a big problem with this. I spent a lot of time solving this problem, but my friend, the owner of a transport company, showed me that everything is much simpler. You just need to enter the necessary numbers and a description of the transported goods.

Last edited by brutneyburger (September 6, 2022 1:35 pm)

August 22, 2022 2:20 pm  #938

That is good news!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera