BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2014 7:12 pm  #61

Re: Have you ever had any dreams about him?

Last Tuesday, I had a dream where I was outside a college & BC was there surrounded by loads of fans. Suddenly my powered wheelchair broke down and I was upset. BC came up to me and said he would carry me up to my art class. He carried me up 3 flights of stairs, talking to me all the time & making me laugh. When I had got to my class he gently sat me on a chair, wiped tears from my eyes with a tissue, kissed me and sat next to me much to my surprise.  Sadly I woke up after that.

PS. I am disabled and use a powered wheelchair but I have no idea where the dream came from.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

June 5, 2014 7:15 pm  #62

Well isn't that a lovely dream that he was so kind and caring towards you.

I've dreamed about him every night since meeting him - can't repeat any of it lol!

I'm clueing for looks

June 5, 2014 7:17 pm  #63

Nothing wrong with fantasy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 5, 2014 7:22 pm  #64

That sounds like such a lovely dream Bronte, aaw!!

I had a dream about him the other night too... I was taking some class apparently and in he comes, being a substitute teacher. He's obviously nervous and goes to the blackboard and can't for the life of him write his last name. I get up, my heart in my throat from fangirling internally, take the chalk out of his hand and write it for him and go back to my seat...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 20, 2014 8:23 pm  #65

Oh i did indeed once dream about him. I had been to some weird place which was something like a cinema. There was Benedict Cumberbatch and his hair style was like a water wave, is that the correct term? I grabbed his hair and straightened it and he made just one movement with his hand through his hair and the wave was back. I was so amazed by this that i did the same thing three more times!  When i suddenly noticed he was not amused (and who could blame him??) and i also noticed that some filming was going on. I felt really awkward then LOL. What was really funny was that very very shortly after my dream i stumbled across that article 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2397072/Benedict-Cumberbatch-looks-dapper-shoots-series-Sherlock.html

and there is that one pic and the caption says "Sherlock, is that you? It appeared to be the case of down and out in Baker Street for Benedict Cumberbatch as he got to work on the set of Sherlock looking uncharacteristically scruffy" and "the actor's hair was looking a little out of place" (!!!!) 

i was like "OMG, that was me, i am sorry!!!" 

Last edited by Lilith (June 20, 2014 8:42 pm)

June 20, 2014 9:04 pm  #66

LOL, that is too funny! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 21, 2014 3:04 pm  #67

clareiow wrote:

Well isn't that a lovely dream that he was so kind and caring towards you.

I've dreamed about him every night since meeting him - can't repeat any of it lol!

Yes, it was a wonderful dream! He was very kind. You met him? When? How? I'm so jealous. Never going to happen to me.

July 21, 2014 4:05 pm  #68

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

That sounds like such a lovely dream Bronte, aaw!!

I had a dream about him the other night too... I was taking some class apparently and in he comes, being a substitute teacher. He's obviously nervous and goes to the blackboard and can't for the life of him write his last name. I get up, my heart in my throat from fangirling internally, take the chalk out of his hand and write it for him and go back to my seat...

It was a wonderful dream. Your dream sounds great too.

Last edited by Bronte89 (July 21, 2014 4:06 pm)

July 21, 2014 6:05 pm  #69

It was

I had a freaky dream the other night... I don't know if it's my new and stronger pain relief or what ever...

I was very pregnant and for some reason really miserable about it. There was no joy about the tummy and I just couldn't bear thinking about there being a baby in there... I just wanted it to be overwith one way or another.
There was a knock on my door and I opened it; not really keen on seeing anyone in my state. There stands Benedict looking a bit forlorn and I wipe my eyes and put a brave smile on my face. I feel a lot better... he clears his throat and in his English way he apologetically tells me. "I think that's mine" as he gestures towards my pregnant belly. I begin shivering and wake up from the dream.

WTF. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 30, 2014 7:18 am  #70

I had a lovely dream last night...

I was waiting for him with a long line of people behind a rope. My hopes weren't high but just the thought of being in the same room with him was enough. Like I expected I could never make it to the rope as there were so many people going nuts, but some of them helped me get a card through to him that I had written a message on. There was so much pushing and shoving and I never got to actually see him.

My dream changed and some time later I recieved a letter... guess who from! He was sending me my card back and had commented on my messages and was just so lovely about it. He sent me a selfie like shot he took as well at the event and wrote that he hoped I could find myself. He had felt bad seeing me struggle to get to see him... 

AWH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 10, 2015 4:39 am  #71

I just woke from a bit of a strange-ish dream about him. 

Apparently he was in Denmark to work on a movie and I had seen him a few times shooting it in another town than mine... I managed to get an autograph... then for some reason he went to my town. I was contacted by his people because he wanted to start a charity to save some sharks (we don't have sharks in Denmark :s). And therefore he wanted to talk to me so I could promote it to the other fans or something because I apparently knew so many and was a member of so many groups and he for some reason knew I was against sharks being killed. 

I was panicking about what to wear and how to clean my room... how he would judge it etc... 

He finally came and I was so awkward to start with... I was shaking and stuttering even worse than I did in school. He tried hard to comfort me. The idea was that I was meant to sort of interview him, take some pictures and share it online as a fan experience, and mention the thing about the sharks. We had to retake the pictures a few times because I couldn't stop shaking. 

When I woke up I was on my way to his hotel room by the harbor to do some more of the promotion things... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 21, 2015 4:48 am  #72

Just stumbled upon this thread for the first time. I've only had a couple dreams about Benedict. Each was slightly different, but in both he was an old friend of the family who had come to visit us for dinner. Lol

Clueing for looks.

December 21, 2015 6:38 am  #73

I actually had a dream about having a secret affair with Benedict the other night...although he looked like Sherlock, so maybe it was Sherlock I was really fantasising about!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 21, 2015 8:16 am  #74

I dreamt only once of Benedict. We "nearly" had a conversation. Why "nearly"? Because the alarm clock went off and ended it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 7, 2016 12:53 pm  #75

This isn't necessarily a dream about Benedict exactly, but last night I dreamt that I saw that The Hollow Crown was on TV and I changed the channel and saw Benedict as Richard III, but then I realized it was already halfway through the last episode and I was angry at myself for not noticing it was on before (it was on 3 nights in a row, I found it, so the whole series was over in the three days).

Not a great dream, I guess,

Clueing for looks.

July 13, 2016 9:49 pm  #76

Yeees, I had a dream about him.
Funnily enough, it happened only a few nights ago and right after I had read this forum topic here:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=938
There is a link to a report at Sherlock filming set, written by Benedict's violin coach about how very nice and humble and hard-working Ben is.

I have read this already lying in my bed and I was going to sleep right after that and you will notice this must have had a direct influence on my dream. ;) So here is all I remember:

Ok, so i was dreaming that Ben is playing an instrument on a small stage with a small orchestra (maybe around 30 of them) behind him. The orchestra are young musicans, one of them is my brother who is playing the cello (which he does in reality, and he often has played in these kind of orchestras in the past). The location is a small town hall or something like that, nothing special. I am sitting in the audience next to my mum and we are watching them play.  Ben is playing the solo part, but he doesn't play the violin, he is playing cello. :D
He is making concentrated grimaces and is making some sort of very special facial expressions. More like musicians normally do. Of course he has drawn all attention from the audience to himself because of that. (The audience consists mainly of the families of the young musicians). But Benedict is playing quite good and my mum seems to know who he is. Which is funny, because in reality she doesn't really know who he is and that he is playing Sherlock. ;)
At the end of the music piece, I'm getting more excited because I am wondering if there will be an opportunity to contact or speak to him. Maybe with the help of my brother, as they are playing the same instrument. Somehow I know that it won't be possible and I am a bit sad as we stand up and are making ourselves ready to leave. But then Benedict stand up and invites the audience to a drink and some nice conversation between musicians and audience afterwards. How very nice of him. ;)
I could hardly believe my luck and indeed I can remember that I did some small talk to him but the dream got blurry. I can't remember what we talked about, but he was nice and I was exited and happy.
Fun fact: I remember I did this conversation in English in my dream/in my head, although I am German. But me and other people speaking English has happened before in some of my dreams.

I hope for more dreams like this. Reading in this forum just before going to bed seems to help a bit. :D

Last edited by Rache (July 13, 2016 9:52 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

July 13, 2016 10:00 pm  #77

Thinking nice thoughts before going to bed is good...

July 13, 2016 10:02 pm  #78

Aw lovely dream! 

A little while back I fell asleep while working on my Irene Adler/original female fan fic 'Whipped', that I'm always scared that people will compare to 50 Shades... and well, in the dream I had apparently published it as a bestselling book (ah if only... lol) and I was being interviewed in some talk show thing... 

The host was being pretty mean and I was all nervous and anxious... I just wanted to run and I was scared I would cry or something (in the real world I have an anxiety disorder... so that makes sense)... The interviewer kept pressing on it being a feminine 50 Shades and I kept saying it really wasn't... 

When I was just about to burst into tears Benedict interrupted the interviewer mid sentence even. He had apparently been interviewed before me and was still sitting in the studio. He put his hand on my shoulder, comforting me and turned to the interviewer "That's really not fair"

To be fair, pictures, videos and songs with him have saved me from lots of panic attacks in the real world.

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (July 13, 2016 10:40 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 20, 2016 6:52 pm  #79

Awwww, Phantom Lady, I like how Benedict is nice even in dreams. I bet his hand on your shoulder was a very comforting feeling and that it was friggin unbelievable.
But it is the problem with dreams, isn' it? You can report and try to explain what happened, but it is really really hard to describe the feeling the dream gave you, what it meant to you personally and that it all felt so real.

I had another dream two nights ago, but this one was rather short and blurry. (It is somehow more a mixed Benedict/Sherlock dream):
It was about Benedict and the things happened in our real world, but he looked like Sherlock (outfit, hairstyle...). He was in a small crowd next to me and he was sick or something, maybe even life-threatening sick, because he was lying on the ground and semi--conscious. I wanted to check his pulse on his hand and grabbed his wrist, but for some reason I couldn't check. I then decided to take his carotis pulse on his neck, thinking 'this spot is easier to check his vital signs anyway'. But again it wasn't easy because he was moving heavily and the crowd was disturbing. I think the situation was a tiny bit like the one when John was kneeling beside Sherlock after he jumped. ;)
But he was moving in my dream, so it can't have been so serious, but apparently it was with my dream logic, LOL. And I'm a medical student.

Last edited by Rache (July 20, 2016 6:53 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

July 20, 2016 8:13 pm  #80

Dream logic can be so weird sometimes! 

But it must have been scary somehow, though as a medical student (of course depending on your field) it's something you must train in handling. It seemed like you kept a level head in the dream! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera