BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2013 7:20 pm  #81

Re: The "Good News" thread

Sherlock the week after next! Woohoo!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 18, 2013 8:30 pm  #82

KeepersPrice wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

I'm going to see a new production of Cinderella Ballet tomorrow night!

Have fun, Bronte89! Ballet is so beautiful. I hope it is absolutely magical for you.

Thank you. I love Ballet!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

December 18, 2013 11:16 pm  #83

I have my first Sherlock T-shirt! I'm so happy right now (although I had to buy it on eBay) and I will wear it to school tomorrow. Czech online shops sell almost nothing related to Sherlock, which really annoys me (as they have plenty of Himym and Big Bang T-shirts (and many others)) because I don't understand it - Sherlock is the 7th best TV series according to the site where Czech and Slovak people review films and it's popular. I know so many people who watch it (a lot of them I convinced to do so). It irritates me that I can't buy anything without paying expensive postage.

Last edited by Pav (December 18, 2013 11:17 pm)

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

December 19, 2013 8:14 am  #84

I just watched this video and it made me happy. The Cologne radio choir doing a pre-Christmas flash mob at Cologne central station (and you don't have to know German as it is multi-lingual).

http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/sendungen/lokalzeit/lokalzeit-aus-koeln/videoadventsflashmobimkoelnerhauptbahnhof100.html

Last edited by SusiGo (December 19, 2013 8:18 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 19, 2013 9:19 am  #85

Oh, that's great, Susi, I love this! And if I'm not very much mistaken this is not the first time they did this.... or maybe it was at another central station in Germany. Ah, and I think it was not a choir but a symphony orchestra. I'd really, really love to be a part of something like this one day.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 19, 2013 9:41 am  #86

This is really lovely. Wonderful how you think why is that guy trying to talk on the phone instead of listening? And what about these sour-looking Deutsche Bahn guards? And then they all join in. 

Do you know the one from the shopping mall food court where a choir starts singing "Hallelujah"? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 19, 2013 9:41 am  #87

Ah... that is heart-warming.
Had tears in my eyes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 19, 2013 10:27 am  #88

SusiGo wrote:

Do you know the one from the shopping mall food court where a choir starts singing "Hallelujah"? 

Yes, I know that one, it's great!
I love the idea behind this... it really brings people together for a few minutes who otherwise just would have walked on. It makes people smile, it makes them happy for a while... isn't that just lovely?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

December 19, 2013 10:38 am  #89

Yeah... these little things...

For example the tram driver who announces the next stations in such a happy way that makes you smile... There is one in Bonn with whom I already had the pleasure 2 or 3 times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

December 19, 2013 6:29 pm  #90

So so sweet….  love little things like this (all the more when well-done/planned/creative).  Like the very amusingly different one I came across once, of many people scattered throughout New York's Grand Central, simply 'freezing' in their posed position at the appointed time.  ;D   And Solar… you talking about the awesome 'Ode to Joy' orchestra type one done in the square by Sabadell Bank in Spain?  Easily found on youtube if haven't… that one was gorgeous, you'd like it. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 19, 2013 10:46 pm  #91

The Cinderella Ballet was magical and I loved the parts with the Prince and Cinderella dancing together! Lovely!

December 21, 2013 8:55 am  #92

They  are such athletes as well aren't they.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 21, 2013 10:11 pm  #93

Davina wrote:

They are such athletes as well aren't they.

Yes, ballet dancers are very strong.

December 23, 2013 3:23 pm  #94

Found Starter for 10 on DVD today! 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 29, 2013 11:18 pm  #95

Good news!
These will soon be a thing of the past:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 30, 2013 7:53 am  #96

Brilliant, KP! The second one is so terrible. 

January 3, 2014 12:59 pm  #97

I got really good grades in my exam. I'm sooooo relieved.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 3, 2014 4:57 pm  #98

Make that second one change for series 4! 
Well - good news? I arrived early at home today after travelling for ten hours and I was soon able to watch Sherlock on my tv since my father recorded it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 5, 2014 8:00 pm  #99

I got home today after travelling 18 hours back home from Canada and I have watched episode one! Yay! Third, jet-lagged yay!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 9, 2014 10:10 pm  #100

I got a job interview on Tuesday! ^^

Board footera