BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2013 11:22 pm  #41

Re: Plot Bunnies: Opening the Hatch!

Swanpride wrote:

So when Sherlock keeps dragging John along (and leaving him at the crime scene) he actually tries to get rid of him the same way he did get rif of all the other potencial flat mates.

This reminds me of John's kidnapping by Mycroft. Mycroft probably does that to anyone who can be bothered trying to move in with Sherlock and John was the only one who didn't crack under examination by the brother all mighty

January 28, 2013 7:35 am  #42

Nice ideas. That's a very refreshing thread. I got the idea for my first (and so far only) fanfic also from a thread. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 28, 2013 8:41 am  #43

And a delicious offering it was too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 9, 2013 11:07 pm  #44

In SIB Mycroft mentions that Sherlock wanted to be a pirate when he was a child. Many fanfics are built around that but mostly have Sherlock in a pirate's disguise for Halloween or something.
I would really like to read an AU where Sherlock is captain on a pirate ship in, let's say, the 16th century. His crew captures a ship where John Watson perhaps works as a ship's doctor, and they become friends. Or fall in love. Or whatever you like. I would try to write it myself, but I do not know enough about ships and piracy and don't feel like doing all the research. Maybe someone else could ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 9, 2013 11:09 pm  #45

Sounds great. I couldn't do this but as you say, maybe someone else … please. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 13, 2013 4:28 am  #46

I have been reading loads of Sherlock fan fic lately and am not finding what I want. Right now I have too many open fan fics that need completing and have begun work on 3 original manuscripts so basically I don't have time to try and write these things myself.

So I looked for a thread where people ask about fics that could possibly be written by others and this seems to be the place to do that. So if I give out some fic ideas does anyone want to give them a try?

1. It occurred to me that John seems pretty traumatized by Afghanistan in SiP and it got me thinking that could be used in a fic where Sherlock is faced with a real puzzle that ends up involving not only his brother but John as well. Basic premise: There have been three assassination attempts on Mycroft Holmes. In each case the culprit is unsuccessful. The culprit is easy to find because in each case as soon as they try to kill Mycroft they turn around and commit suicide.
- Important government official = Lestrade gets the case.
- Lestrade calls in Sherlock.
- Sherlock brings John
- John identifies all the would be assassins as men from his company in Afghanistan and personally vouches for each of the men. They were good men and would never do this kind of thing. All decorated war heroes.
- Mycroft ends up at 221B to talk to Sherlock about what progress he is making and John gets a call.
- After hearing the voice on the other end of the line John's eyes glass over
- He pulls out his gun and shoots Mycroft in the left side of the chest at point blank range before turning the gun on himself.
- No one would die because Mycroft wears Kevlar and Sherlock stops John shooting himself in the head, but now the implication goes to a time when John's company was out of radio contact for 36 hours supposedly lost in the caves of the Afghan desert.

2. Molly hides the fact that she was attacked on the way home from work. She avoids Sherlock as much as she can, wears her hair down to try and hide bruises but Sherlock sees everything. He decides that he is going to take over the investigation since the police seem to be making zero progress. If Post Risenbach Sherlock could use this as a way to repay Molly for helping him, or it could be a way to generate a believable Sherlolly fic. (I like Sherlolly fics)

I have lots of others. They pop into my head all the time. These two are the most insistent bunnies at the moment. Any takers?

Last edited by AliceI (April 13, 2013 4:30 am)

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

September 1, 2013 7:13 pm  #47

You can't have make up sex without a good fight first,  now can you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

September 9, 2013 6:41 pm  #48

This can be slash or compleatly inacent. John has to strip down at the ploice station and is found to be wearing Shelock's underwear. 
I love cross overs so , Spencer Reed from Criminal Minds is in London and is asked by the police to help with a case. Sherlock is not too pleased and does his observeing on Reed who in turn profiles Sherlock. 

Madwitch 58
The Madwitch of the Midwest

September 9, 2013 6:43 pm  #49

I think the first one could be fun. I only wonder how the police officers know it is Sherlock's underwear 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 9, 2013 6:58 pm  #50

Harriet wrote:

I think the first one could be fun. I only wonder how the police officers know it is Sherlock's underwear 

His initials written on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

September 9, 2013 7:01 pm  #51

YESSSS! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 10, 2013 1:51 am  #52

ancientsgate wrote:

Harriet wrote:

....And she also told me to share this idea of mine that involves Sherlock and John and braces.

Braces? Why, do they both have crooked teeth?  *runs away cackling evil American laughs*

As an Australian, I first went to orthodontic braces too, briefly wondering how on earth that would be a good fic and then realised my mistake. Interestingly, neither braces NOR suspenders conjure up clothing as a first result in an Australian brain. People just don't wear them here (and suspenders are more likely associated with holding up knee-high stockings)

Swanpride wrote:

How about this plot bunny (it's a gen one): Sherlock never wanted a flat mate, but Mycroft insisted on it, and personally searched for a suitable candidat and arranged Stanford to point John in Sherlock's direction. So when Sherlock keeps dragging John along (and leaving him at the crime scene) he actually tries to get rid of him the same way he did get rif of all the other potencial flat mates. Too bad that John actually had fun during all this. 

I have seen a fic where Mycroft engineered John as Sherlock's flatmate but I can neither remember it well nor where I read it. Possibly it's on AO3. If I come across it again I'll link it here.

My own personal plot bunny is any fic that has someone close to Sherlock trying to keep secrets from him. I've read angsty non-con fics where John/Lestrade/someone is assaulted and tries to hide it, and I've read fluffy silly ones like trying to keep a christmas present secret. The only ones I don't like are the 'trying to hide how much I am in love with Sherlock' ones since they're a dime a dozen.

I keep looking for more (am a sucker for angst or hurt/comfort fics) but those are the only ones I've found, sadly enough

Last edited by Wholocked (September 10, 2013 1:52 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 10, 2013 2:37 pm  #53

madwitch58 wrote:

I love cross overs so , Spencer Reed from Criminal Minds is in London and is asked by the police to help with a case. Sherlock is not too pleased and does his observeing on Reed who in turn profiles Sherlock. 

Now that sounds like a fic I would Reed! Pun intended 

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

September 10, 2013 4:41 pm  #54

This came to me in  a dream. Vampire Shelock.

Madwitch 58

September 10, 2013 5:16 pm  #55

Sherlock goes missing every week, on the same day at the same time. When John askes him about it Sherlock refuses to say any thing. Where does Sherlock go and what does he do. 
A Sherlock ghost story for Halloween.

Madwitch 58

October 12, 2013 9:09 pm  #56

I had what was a logical, and interesting plot bunny appear as I woke the other day, but as dreams fade, alas this did as well.

It had John on vacation as a kid, and some local kid made him very uneasy. Sherlock, also vacationing (ok, he ran away) is befriended by John (he's older of course, and always protective of those he considers vulnerable).
John mentions the local kid,  Sherlock investigates, discovers kid is well on his way to being a psychopath, doing bad things to area animals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

October 12, 2013 9:22 pm  #57

I have had a crossover fic stuck in my head forever. It involves Johnlock, Mystrade and Snoriarty (Snape and who? I shall leave you to guess...) But either Snape is telepoted to Baker Street, or Mycroft, Lestrade, Sherlock, John and Moriarty are teleported to Hogwarts.

"I'm not a phycopath, Anderson, I'm a high- funcioning sociopath, do your research."

January 26, 2014 4:15 am  #58

Question: should this thread be just for plot bunnies for the BBC-verse, or for other Holmes-verses as well?

February 6, 2014 10:46 am  #59

Excellent plot bunny here:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=130570#p130570

recapping:

Feminizing all the BBC characters but keeping them in the modern day.

Cast:
Shirley (Sherlock) = Consulting Matchmaker (to facilitate (sort of) relationships)
Jamie (John) = Doctor (Instead of army put Médecins Sans Frontières)
Mylie (Mycroft) = Google Executive(because we all know they actually control the world not the government )
Ian Adler (Irene) = instead of dominatrix; put paparazzi
Jen Moriarty (Jim) = Consulting fabricator (to destroy relationships)
Marvin Cooper (Molly) = Computer tech guy.

Premise = same as Sherlock but instead of solving cases, Shirley & Jamie solve people (sort of) 

Last edited by saturnR (February 6, 2014 10:52 am)

February 4, 2015 9:05 pm  #60

Sherlock and John out in the open, as in outdoors. Lots lots lots of nature and a nice case which made them go there. High mountains, snowstorms, etc. would be lovely. Can be romance (might be hard to avoid^^). Please mention the very heavy backpacks and the difficulties of getting tasty warm food :D
Will send you chocolate if you write it!! :D :D

Last edited by Whisky (February 11, 2015 8:18 pm)

"It is what it is."

Board footera