BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2013 10:15 pm  #1

Finally decided...

...to register.

Hello to the board, the members and the Sherlockians. :o)
I'm looking forward to participate in some discussions, opinions and views of our favorite piece.

The Arthur C. Doyle stories were a favorite of mine for many years and I have been thrilled on the spot with the series.

As you can see in my signature, there is another Arthur C. I quite like. :o)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate. :o)

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

June 14, 2013 10:34 pm  #2

Re: Finally decided...

Warm welcome here, take your seat and enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 14, 2013 10:40 pm  #3

Welcome!  Haven't even been here a month myself but having loads of fun.  Jump on in the water's lovely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 14, 2013 10:42 pm  #4

Willkommen! Nice to have you on board. Another German member! Freut mich!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2013 11:25 pm  #5

A very happy and warm welcome to the forum! *waves from Canada*  Hope you have fun here! 

-------------------------------------------------------

June 15, 2013 2:37 am  #6

Hi from Maryland! That picture in your avatar - Sherlock on the rock in Hounds...my VERY FAVORITE shot of Benedict in the whole series! Particularly when they cut to his face, don't know why but he looks ESPECIALLY perfect there. I just want to lick him like an ice cream cone. Yum.

But anyway, welcome!

June 15, 2013 5:59 am  #7

Hallo reality check,
good idea to register - looking forward to your participation.
Welcome and enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 15, 2013 8:03 am  #8

Willkommen, reality check. Look around and have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2013 9:18 am  #9

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome. This has pleased me very much. :o)

@Merry: Glad you like my avatar. :o) This is such a heroic pose and I couldn't resist using it. In fact, there are so many great shots in every single episode, making it really hard to pick one especially.

@all: Please, if there is any ridiculous mistake or misunderstanding in my posts regarding my english, feel free to correct or ask me about it. :o)

Have a nice weekend!

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

June 15, 2013 9:29 am  #10

Hello and Willkommen reality check! So nice that you finally registered.
There are so many Germans around here - we won't recognise your mistakes.  (Fine, some might.....  )
Feel free to write down whatever you think. I do the same and always hope it doesn't sound too ridiculous. 

Have fun!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 15, 2013 9:51 am  #11

Herzlich willkommen, check!

Nice to have you around. What part of germany are you from?

Arthur C. Clarke is great, I have just recently re-read some of his short stories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 15, 2013 10:34 am  #12

@Mattlocked: Okay, then. ;o)
@Schmiezi: I was born and raised in lovely Rhinehessen, but for now I'm stranded here in North Hesse.

That's so nice you like Clarke, too. :o) He was not the best character developer, but his scientific background and marvellous imagination allowed him to write in great depth about the technical and astronomical details, which makes his fiction so real and achievable.

Uh oh, sorry. :o) I could ramble about this all day long. ;o) What's your favourite Clarke story? Mine is the Rama series.

~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

June 15, 2013 10:47 am  #13

There is a novel I love, but he only co-authored it. It is about a planet that has so many suns that the inhabitants barely ever experience a real dark night, and when it happens, nearly everybody is driven into madness. I can't find out the title right now, because I left the book at school.

In general I love his short stories, especially the old ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 15, 2013 11:12 am  #14

Hello and welcome to the forum, reality check!

Thank god, another german member. I was afraid we would become an endangered species. 
No, we're actually in clear majority here. Which is really great because we're able to organise a german meet up at times.

However, have a nice time here and enjoy yourself. 

Greetings from Bonn,
Mary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 15, 2013 5:14 pm  #15

A warm welcome from a fellow Sherlockian all the way from the UK!

Hope you enjoy your time here and i only joined here 3 days ago so i am kinda new here as well but with the days that i've been here everyone is so friendly so i know you will love it here.

See you on the forums!

~Lara

Showing love for the best programme ever! <3

June 16, 2013 3:28 pm  #16

Thank you all. :o)
I'm sure, it's going to be a good time on the sherlockian ship... board I should say. ;o)

~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

June 17, 2013 6:25 pm  #17

Hi reality check, welcome to the forum ^^
I was just wondering;   are you male or female and how old are you?  ( just curious what kinda people i'm chatting with here  i form no judgement, i'm just curious)

Greetings from the Netherlands, Foy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things"

*Sherlock: This is your heart. And you should never let it rule your head. You could have chosen any random number and walked out of here today with everything you worked for. But you just couldn't resist it, could you? I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof.
-Irene Adler: Everything I said, it's not real. I was just playing the game.
*Sherlock: I know. And this is just losing. {I AM SHERLOCKED}.

June 18, 2013 2:27 pm  #18

Howdy from the USA, RC!

Have fun here---plenty of fellow Germans (how is it that you all speak English so wonderfully well?)

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 18, 2013 2:40 pm  #19

Hallo aus Nordrhein-Westfalen!
Have fun and share your theories and thoughts with us.
I always feel a bit silly when I talk/write to a fellow German in english.

Be

June 18, 2013 4:47 pm  #20

You're all really great. :o) Thank you.

Well, to satisfy some curiosity ;o) - I'm female and in the 35-40 age group.

Surely you can't have meant me with the wonderful english? :o)) I'm still learning.

Yes, sometimes I think just the same, to write in english to other germans, feels... a bit funny. :o) Nevertheless, it's good practice, at least in writing. I would wish that I might talk english more often, than I do now.

~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

Board footera