BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2013 8:08 am  #1

Vote for the National TV Awards

Here you can vote for Benedict and "Sherlock". Open to international users. And you can win tickets for the event. 

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2013 1:55 pm  #2

Re: Vote for the National TV Awards

SusiGo wrote:

Here you can vote for Benedict and "Sherlock". Open to international users. And you can win tickets for the event. 

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

Thanks for that. I voted with all my four mail addresses already (my 10-year-old-son´s one included ;-)).....

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 8, 2013 2:22 pm)

January 8, 2013 6:19 pm  #3

Ohh.... crap...!!1!   Um, I mean...  joy!!!          This is awesome.  But difficult for those of us 'dual' fans!  Moffat even had an amusing quip about his Sherlock and Doctor going head to head in this article:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20936748  Kinda cool how they've both been receiving such attentions consistently . . . but... no idea who to vote for....
(right.... that's probably the wrong question to ask you folk....  ;))   (Oh, somebody just throw more awards at both shows!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 8, 2013 6:28 pm  #4

Anja, that's the right spirit. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2013 9:07 pm  #5

SusiGo wrote:

Very public-spirited. Though that's never really my motivation

Last edited by anjaH_alias (January 8, 2013 9:08 pm)

January 8, 2013 10:39 pm  #6

anjaH_alias wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Very public-spirited. Though that's never really my motivation

Doing the same, m'self, of course!!  ;)   So hard to want both of my favorites to win, though!!!  And so glad they let international fans vote, too!

But.... um....  pray pardon this ignorant little American for a second... Ha.  Even internationally, some shows just get hugely popular thanks to how good they are, the buzz generated, and internet/distribution/other country's networks carrying them (i.e. PBS/BBC and Doctor Who/Sherlock/Downton/other dramas).   Other shows might be widespread, or at least have been heard of elsewhere, but not really as much.  Admittedly, other than a passing knowledge of couple of the other dramas, comedies, and talk shows on there, I hadn't heard of any of the rest of them (and would guess maybe it's the same vice versa with some of the stuff we have?)   Anyhow, point aside.......  uh... what exactly is The Big Bang Theory doing with the other British comedies?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 9, 2013 4:14 am  #7

Russell wrote:

uh... what exactly is The Big Bang Theory doing with the other British comedies?

That may be odd, but I have to admit I love the idea that the show has found that kind of love and acceptance across the pond. It's certainly one of the few shows on TV in the US right now that I'm proud to send to our British friends. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 9, 2013 7:41 am  #8

The Big Bang Theory is quite popular in Germany as well. 

January 9, 2013 5:00 pm  #9

That's so cool Susi!! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 11, 2013 11:43 am  #10

The Big Bang Theory is super popular in Belgium too. But wait, isn't that some kind of expression to say that something isn't all that good? 'To be big in Belgium?' :D 
Anyway, I voted! God, I love British television
Wow, Sherlock - Downton - Doctor - Merlin, what a face-off  I watch all of them, except for Merlin. 
Sherlock it is!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 11, 2013 12:28 pm  #11

I voted for Q.I., Miranda Hart, Absolutely Fabulous (I love that show since the 90s!) and Alan Carr. But cannot decide between Chatty Man and The Graham Norton Show.  (and of course everything  Sherlock-related )

Last edited by Ivy (January 11, 2013 12:30 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 11, 2013 7:51 pm  #12

Ivy wrote:

But cannot decide between Chatty Man and The Graham Norton Show.

I totally voted for Graham Norton, I love him!

January 11, 2013 8:40 pm  #13

I have done, but historically these awards have not been kind to Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2013 8:55 pm  #14

SusiGo wrote:

The Big Bang Theory is quite popular in Germany as well.

Until now I didn't even know that its from the UK

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 11, 2013 8:56 pm  #15

It isn't.
It's American.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2013 8:58 pm  #16

Lol

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 11, 2013 9:02 pm  #17

The Awards accept nominations from any show broadcast in the relevant voting year.
It shall be interesting, a viewer/fan vote where there is limited opportunity to vote more than once. I see little point (and a negative attitude from said fans) on polls/awards where mutliple voting is allowed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 11, 2013 9:07 pm  #18

I just have horrendous memories of these awards, last time Sherlock was up...I wanted the time back!

January 11, 2013 9:20 pm  #19

besleybean wrote:

I just have horrendous memories of these awards, last time Sherlock was up...I wanted the time back!

Ahh well you have to use that time to have your responses ready.
If they win.. the response is easy.
If they lose, depending on who the eventual winner is you need a comparable loser's speech.
eg : But it's technically better / obviously the winner's fanbase got around the voting restrictions / they showed the wrong clip / wasn't Dan's Stevens' suit selection appalling?

It's funny watching the fandom's responses. The mood shifts from guarding technical brilliance to guarding single actors' perforances to guarding the script to guarding the canon. Whatever it takes, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 11, 2013 9:23 pm  #20

Our boys just never get the recognition they deserve.

Board footera