BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2012 7:08 am  #1

Salutations! :-)

Hello everyone! I'm a longtime lurker of this website, and I figured that I ought to join it finally. I was hesitant for a while as my intellect does not match that of the majority of these posters. (There are a whole lot of Sherlocks on this forum, :-) )
Anywho, greetings to all!

There isn't too much more to say, there will be plenty of time to ramble later on. This is a Sherlock forum after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

December 17, 2012 7:37 am  #2

Re: Salutations! :-)

Welcome, Azelma, it's good you came out of the shadows. Don't hesitate to post. Our "geniuses" are far more friendly and tolerant than Sherlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 17, 2012 9:13 am  #3

Hi, warm welcome from me. Glad to have you around 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 17, 2012 11:59 am  #4

Welcome Azelma, I hope you will enjoy your time with us.

SusiGo is right, we're a friendly bunch... And we have stopped sacrificing people now we have been through therapy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 17, 2012 3:29 pm  #5

Welcome to the forum Azelma. I hope you have lots of fun here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 17, 2012 7:27 pm  #6

Mnemosyne wrote:

SusiGo is right, we're a friendly bunch... And we have stopped sacrificing people now we have been through therapy

Oh... you mean that's where the skulls come from?   *blinks*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 17, 2012 7:56 pm  #7

Welcome Azelma. Trust me, everyone around here's really nice.

Am I right in guessing your username comes from Les Miserables? That's one of my favorite books.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 17, 2012 9:35 pm  #8

Thanks everyone! And yes, it comes from Les Miserables. Wonderful book there. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

December 30, 2012 11:34 am  #9

Welcome Azelma, and thanks for being so complimentary about our members. Some people might take being compared to Sherlock as an insult, but we obviously love it! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera