BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 24, 2012 3:27 pm  #1

Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards 2012

Sherlock, Benedict and Martin have all been nominated for awards. It appears to be a mainly book trade award, rather than a television award.

http://www.booktrade.info/index.php/showarticle/42619

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 25, 2012 5:48 pm  #2

Re: Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards 2012

Good to see Una Stubbs nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category. I'd really love to see her win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 27, 2012 12:49 pm  #3

I love the title of these awards. It makes me imagine some kind of murder involving glasses.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 16, 2012 2:17 am  #4

http://www.hartswoodfilms.co.uk/news/2012/sherlock-nominated-for-four-awards-at-this-years-crime-thriller-awards/

Hartswood Films’ Sherlock has been nominated for four awards at this year’s Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards. Sherlock has been nominated for the TV Dagger, Benedict Cumberbatch for the Best Actor Dagger, Una Stubbs for the Best Supporting Actress Dagger, and Martin Freeman for the Best Supporting Actor Dagger.

Sherlock took home the TV Dagger as well as the Best Actor Dagger for Benedict Cumberbatch at last year’s awards.

The Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards showcase the UK’s most wanted crime fiction and drama. This year’s awards will take place on Thursday 18 October at the Grosvenor House Hotel.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 17, 2012 6:14 am  #5

Just a quick reminder that the Awards will take place tomorrow, 18th October, at Grosvenor House Hotel. Fingers crossed for Sherlock, Ben, Una and Martin in the TV-based Daggers category!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 18, 2012 7:43 pm  #6

Being televised on ITV 3 on October 23rd at 9 p.m.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 18, 2012 7:47 pm  #7

And Benedict, Lara and I think Una, are confirmed as being there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 18, 2012 7:56 pm  #8

Benedict and SHERLOCK have won!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 18, 2012 8:18 pm  #9

So has Lara Pulver!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 18, 2012 8:21 pm  #10

Did she win best actress?  What did she win?  She didn't win over Martin I hope?

October 18, 2012 8:22 pm  #11

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 18, 2012 8:25 pm  #12

But she wasn't nominated as far as I can see. Una was and Martin as well. Or did Benedict collect both awards for best actor and best show?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 18, 2012 8:25 pm  #13

She was nominated...just not sure what as!

October 18, 2012 8:31 pm  #14

Ok, Twitter is getting organised now.
Benedict, Martin and Sherlock wins...people have been confused about Lara!
Why the HECK wasn't Martin there?!

WIN:  for Tinker, Tailor , Soldier, Spy too!

Last edited by besleybean (October 18, 2012 8:41 pm)

October 18, 2012 8:43 pm  #15

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 18, 2012 8:45 pm  #16

October 18, 2012 8:48 pm  #17

Congrats to all winners! So Benedict did a triple if you count Tinker, Tailor in. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 18, 2012 8:50 pm  #18

Hat trick for Benedict!
Wonder who collected the TTSS award?

October 18, 2012 9:06 pm  #19

YAY!!!! Well done boys! I love it when they win stuff!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 18, 2012 10:11 pm  #20

Thank you for the pix. Could Una look any cuter than she does in the smiling picture?

Yay for our boys and our show!

Board footera