BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2012 9:30 am  #241

Re: Emmy Awards

Living in the US the vast majority of programming here sucks.  Even some of my favorites like breaking bad and the walking dead don't come close to Sherlock. 

****In Mr. Omar voice "Tragic, Traaagic!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

October 4, 2012 10:01 am  #242

Living in Germany it's the same. And what's not produced here they buy from the US. So you can imagine.... 

Yesterday I've seen an interesting interview on "Fernsehkritik-tv", an online station I just discovered, could be translated as  "tv-critizism-tv", where they said that sadly it's all about ratings these days. So the stations don't even dare to show new stuff. What worked the last 20 years has to work the next 100..... BORING!

And reg. awards, Emmy and stuff: Here we regularly have the "Comedy-award" "Fernsehpreis" and so on.
I heard voices saying: Now they are celebrating each other again!  Nothing else is it....... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 4, 2012 3:47 pm  #243

Which one for example? I can't think of any nice children's program. But here in Erfurt is a lot of damn good theatre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

October 4, 2012 4:17 pm  #244

Now they tell "Tele 5" shall be one of the stations which is a bit different to all the others. Didn't check it, yet.

Children's program..... Teletubbies? Muhahaha.... 
Die Sendung mit der Maus is the only one I can think of. And Löwenzahn - in former times.

October 4, 2012 4:41 pm  #245

And they took Sesame Street  (which was originally quite nice) and put in this big brown stupid monster bear.... Not bad enough; he used to eat sausages but now every child has to be healthy, so he has to eat carrots now. 

Luzie with Friedrich und Friedrich..... I loved her so much I recently bought the dvd. 

October 30, 2012 6:19 pm  #246

Kika used to show the Teletubbies. But I agree. It shows more german shows (Which isn't always good either: e.g. Schloss Einstein...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

Board footera