BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2012 6:16 pm  #61

Re: Emmy Awards

I see it too on twitter !!! I love the first photo ! Lovely !

September 22, 2012 6:19 pm  #62

NW16XE wrote:

I would love to see Sherlock win, but the press over here is not even mentioning it in Emmy articles. Crossies for our dark horse!

As far as I can tell, no one in the US watched when it was on Masterpiece Theater.  And it didn't help that MT chopped it up a bit to make it fit its time constraints--  for instance, in TRF, they cut out that bit at the end that showed barefoot John sitting in a heap in the Baker St sitting room, looking like a lost soul, and Mycroft at his club, reading the paper with the Sherlock headlines and then HIM sitting in a heap like a lost soul. I found that really too bad. Ah, well.... without MT, we Americans still wouldn't have seen Sherlock, not on TV anyway.

Dark horse.  Definitely.  It all will depend on how much of the voting is about industry politics, a la Kazza's theory about that, and how much of it is if the academy members can spot quality when it's right under their noses. Whatever, it truly was an honor to be nommed.

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 22, 2012 6:27 pm)

September 22, 2012 6:24 pm  #63

NW16XE wrote:

Good news he's being supported somewhere. Oh, f*** the Emmys anyway, Martin's got a BAFTA... 

Well, you can say F the Emmys, but career-wise, it was a wonderful thing that Ben and Martin were nommed. If they win, it will be a fantasticmagorical thing, career-wise, for either or both of them. If they want it (and I have no idea if they do or not-- Martin's no Hollywood fan, but I don't know about Ben-- he's taken some high-profile roles, like the Star Trek thing, that will certainly get him noticed over here).  So if they want it, this Emmy nomination and especially if one or both of them wins, that will open lots and lots and lots of doors here, for bigger and better roles and bigger and better money. So I imagine if not the actors, at least their agents are not saying F the Emmys.  *g*

September 22, 2012 6:29 pm  #64

Emy Klevers wrote:

Do you see this picture ? Benedict and Martin at the Emmy Awards nominee reception last night in LA.

Squeeeee! So they ARE going to the ceremony. OMG, color me thrilled.  *hugs self and does the Snoopy dance of joy*

September 22, 2012 6:30 pm  #65

tobeornot221b wrote:

Can anyone tell Martin the proper way to tie a neck tie?

I think it's a scarf thingie, not a tie. Very strange, eh?

September 22, 2012 6:33 pm  #66

sherlockedkt wrote:

Ah!  They're in the USA!  That makes me happy.

I also found this one:

And this one:

They look drunk and happy, lolololol.

What is that certificate, something you get when you're nominated?  Maybe.  Quite a feather in Ben's and Martin's hats, to be nommed-- it's like being awarded a top 5 placement in all the actors who were submitted in their categories--- not half bad.

September 23, 2012 12:09 am  #67

ancientsgate wrote:

NW16XE wrote:

Good news he's being supported somewhere. Oh, f*** the Emmys anyway, Martin's got a BAFTA... 

Well, you can say F the Emmys, but career-wise, it was a wonderful thing that Ben and Martin were nommed. If they win, it will be a fantasticmagorical thing, career-wise, for either or both of them. If they want it (and I have no idea if they do or not-- Martin's no Hollywood fan, but I don't know about Ben-- he's taken some high-profile roles, like the Star Trek thing, that will certainly get him noticed over here).  So if they want it, this Emmy nomination and especially if one or both of them wins, that will open lots and lots and lots of doors here, for bigger and better roles and bigger and better money. So I imagine if not the actors, at least their agents are not saying F the Emmys.  *g*

It would be wonderful if they did win, I'd like to see it happen! I never watch the Emmys, but I will tomorrow in case they do get any awards. I will be Snoopy dancing with you when they win.  (I meant the F word comment as a joke, paraphrasing a remark Martin made to a talk show host. )

Last edited by NW16XE (September 23, 2012 12:12 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 23, 2012 1:46 am  #68

Yeah, I think that's the nomination certificate.  Aren't the pics cute?!  And I think that's the woman from Modern Family behind him in the second picture - I love that show!

September 23, 2012 4:05 am  #69

^ Yeah, that group pic is so cute! Glad it's confirmed they're going basically.

Sad to think they are only a 4 hours drive away from me right now. Close yet so far, haha.

Anyone else watching it live tomorrow?

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 23, 2012 4:53 am  #70

I've set my TiVo to record the red carpet and the awards ceremony just in case, but I'll probably watch live.   And I'll probably be here commenting and squealing when/if I see the boys!

September 23, 2012 8:24 am  #71

It looks like the Emmys won't be broadcast on Aussie tv until Monday night, which is about six to eight hours after the event. Could anyone in the US who will be watching please update us as to how our boys do? There is no way on God's green earth that I will be able to stand the wait!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 23, 2012 8:32 am  #72

hepzibah wrote:

It looks like the Emmys won't be broadcast on Aussie tv until Monday night, which is about six to eight hours after the event. Could anyone in the US who will be watching please update us as to how our boys do? There is no way on God's green earth that I will be able to stand the wait!

Find a friend with Foxtel; it's on "Fox8 - 2" from midday.

You can also follow the results live online HERE

I cannot be here tomorrow (as I am caring for my sister), so usually I post the winners on here as they are announced. Most overseas members are not online, so if you DO happen to be here, maybe you or someone else can post the winners as they happen???
Thanks in advance if anyone gets the chance.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 23, 2012 2:44 pm  #73

I'm going to watch at least the first cople hours of the show.  Don't know if I'll make it to the end as that's usually around midnight (I'm on the East Coast) and too late for me since I have to get up at 5:30am to go to work on Monday.  Hopefully, the mini-series awards will be anounced earlier rather than later and I'll certainly post the winners' names if no one else has gotten to it before me.  Keeping my fingers crossed...

Edit: I'm not going to post the winners of every single category--just the ones Sherlock was up for (if they come while I'm still up).

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (September 23, 2012 2:47 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 23, 2012 2:48 pm  #74

I plan to be here and post the winners as they are announced!  I'm going to be glued to my TV starting at around 6 when they start the red carpet stuff.  If I see our boys, I'll do my best to get a screen shot up here too.  It ends at 10 my time, so I should be able to make it to the end.

September 23, 2012 3:05 pm  #75

As I was setting the DVR to record the awards a  few minutes ago, I said to my husband that it wasn't worth watching the red carpet. Now you tell me the boys will be there, so I guess I'll have to record it after all. It's kind of hard to sit through the whole thing, so I'll FFWD through it later.

Fingers crossed!

September 23, 2012 3:12 pm  #76

I have read that Benedict's section for the awards is something like 23rd out of 28, not exactly sure but is definitely later in the programme.

Last edited by Davina (September 23, 2012 3:13 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 3:15 pm  #77

Sigh.  I guess I could sleep another time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 23, 2012 5:16 pm  #78

I'm assuming there's a possibility of the boys being on the red carpet show, since according to some photos of the nom reception they're in California for the ceremony.  I'll be doing some work for school but I'll have it on in the background.

September 23, 2012 6:06 pm  #79

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Sigh.  I guess I could sleep another time...

Take a nap this afternoon. Drink a huge glass of iced coffee at about 7PM. You have your whole life to sleep....  heh.

September 23, 2012 6:11 pm  #80

Godtiss loves that blue suit, doesn't he! and Moffats "outfit" isn't new either. But I think it's black tie this evening.

We know where Ben and Martin will sit, the writers usually sit in row 3244 or something like that. Hope we'll see them.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera