BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2018 4:05 pm  #1

Outstanding Achievement Award

Some details about Benedict´s speech during Outstanding Achievement Award. Sounds like it was a nice spectacle:

https://richaldis.tumblr.com/post/175565334722/after-watching-the-entirety-of-benedicts

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 5, 2018 4:07 pm  #2

Re: Outstanding Achievement Award

And a few photographs from the event:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 5, 2018 4:11 pm  #3

July 5, 2018 4:12 pm  #4

July 5, 2018 4:14 pm  #5

I hate constant British russophobia, but this dig was actually quite funny:

July 5, 2018 4:15 pm  #6

And back home:

July 5, 2018 5:42 pm  #7

Took me ages to recognise Loo...I think she is completely sloshed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 5, 2018 8:07 pm  #8

I didn't recognise her until you pointed her out!  Perhaps sloshed, and enjoying it!  Benedict's outfit is kind of cute: he looks like an overgrown schoolboy!

July 6, 2018 6:32 am  #9

And he definitely IS wearing the cap because of a hair cut...so not quite sure how that deduction was quashed.
I was sobbing at the film montage and Mark's tribute was hilarious!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 6, 2018 6:08 pm  #10

Posing together with his award:

July 6, 2018 6:41 pm  #11

Loo again, now in detail. 

July 7, 2018 7:10 am  #12

I just cannot stop laughing at the way she is looking at him....she speaks for all of us!

July 7, 2018 7:42 pm  #13

What a wonderful thing this was, Tom's speech, the video montage, and of course Benedict's speech. Long as usual. Lovely words for the people dear to him and then getting political again. He was amazing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2018 6:20 pm  #14

Loo looks at Ben the way I look at dessert. 

He was very cute explaining the hat/haircut situation.  Do we know if he has an awful haircut for a role?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 12, 2018 8:21 pm  #15

Yes, the haircut is awful, and yes, it is for the role of Dominic Cummings, a Brexit strategist. Try this link for a photo:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/10/benedict-cumberbatch-shows-off-receding-hairline-first-pics-new-brexit-drama-7699021/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 13, 2018 7:13 am  #16

Can't wait to see the show next year.

July 13, 2018 3:05 pm  #17

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, the haircut is awful, and yes, it is for the role of Dominic Cummings, a Brexit strategist. Try this link for a photo:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/10/benedict-cumberbatch-shows-off-receding-hairline-first-pics-new-brexit-drama-7699021/

Oh dear.  That is awful!!   LOL   But then, I hated his hair in The Fifth Estate too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 13, 2018 4:12 pm  #18

Yes I wasn't keen on that either, though I enjoyed the film.

Board footera