BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 27, 2016 11:29 am  #1961

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

I have a question regarding that fic "Two Years As Your Interpreter". I'll put it in spoiler tags:

It's tagged for Major Character Death. Will Sherlock or John die in this fic?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 27, 2016 12:06 pm  #1962

Vhanja wrote:

I have a question regarding that fic "Two Years As Your Interpreter". I'll put it in spoiler tags:

It's tagged for Major Character Death. Will Sherlock or John die in this fic?

This is exactly why I read the ending in the middle of it.

The whole fic is centered around the prophecy that Sherlock will die.

but there is a happy ending. If I remember correctly, he dies but is brought back to life afterwards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 27, 2016 1:16 pm  #1963

Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 27, 2016 1:49 pm  #1964

"Two years as your Interpreter" has to be one of the most thrilling and yet also the most sweet Johnlock fics I´ve ever read. Wonderful work!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 27, 2016 6:16 pm  #1965

Prettyvk is an amazing writer. The James Holmes series is one of my favourites as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 27, 2016 6:58 pm  #1966

SusiGo wrote:

Prettyvk is an amazing writer. The James Holmes series is one of my favourites as well. 

Oh, there is a new chapter of that one, btw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 27, 2016 7:04 pm  #1967

Yes, I saw it but I am waiting until it is finished. For me there was only one fic which I read whenever a new chapter was posted. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 16, 2016 5:16 am  #1968

I'm keeping an eye on this WIP, it has the most amazing illustrations:

Enigma[/url] (163046 words) by [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/khorazir]khorazir
Chapters: 15/?
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Sherlock Holmes & John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Mrs. Hudson, Mrs. Turner, Molly Hooper, Jennifer Wilson, Philip Anderson, Greg Lestrade, Mike Stamford, Charles Augustus Magnussen, Sally Donovan, Historical Character(s), Jim Moriarty, Irene Adler, Alan Turing, Anthea (Sherlock), Hugh Alexander, Alistair Denniston, Stuart Milner-Barry, Gordon Welchman, Mary Morstan, Janine (Sherlock), Sebastian Moran
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - World War II, Codebreaker AU, Alternate Universe - Historical, Bletchley Park, Espionage, Case Fic, Eventual Romance, Period-Typical Homophobia, Period-Typical Sexism, Non-Graphic Violence, Implied/Referenced Drug Use, Pining Sherlock, Inexperienced Sherlock, London, London - World War II, Windmill Theatre
Summary:

It’s the autumn of 1941, war is raging in Europe, German U-boats are raiding Allied convoys in the Atlantic, the Luftwaffe is bombing English cities, and the cryptographers at Bletchley Park are working feverishly to decode their enemies' encrypted communications. One should consider this challenge and distraction enough for capricious codebreaker Sherlock Holmes. But the true enigmas are yet waiting to be deciphered: an unbreakable code, a strange murder, and the appearance of Surgeon Captain John H. Watson of the Royal Navy.

Last edited by ukaunz (December 16, 2016 5:17 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2017 4:30 pm  #1969

"Mightier Than" by emmagrant01
https://archiveofourown.org/works/463277
Sherlock once tried to learn how to swallow swords. For some reason, John can't let this go.

5k words. Sweet and funny and hot at the same time!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 7, 2017 4:21 pm  #1970

ewige wrote:

"Mightier Than" by emmagrant01
https://archiveofourown.org/works/463277
Sherlock once tried to learn how to swallow swords. For some reason, John can't let this go.

5k words. Sweet and funny and hot at the same time!

Oh, I adore Emma.  Must go read this now.

Here is another quick read that is just lovely.  Read it now!!!

This is Yours by roquentine
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9176812/chapters/20830756?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_89187773

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 17, 2017 4:30 pm  #1971

Here's a copule of lovely little nibbles.

To the Light by youarethelightoftheworld
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9356093/chapters/21188771?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_90674063

Winged Cupid, Painted Blind by jacksqueen16
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9356525/chapters/21189416?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_90673178

Last edited by tonnaree (January 17, 2017 4:38 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 17, 2017 4:48 pm  #1972

Aw, thank you!
I loved them both. I always love it when John makes his deductions

-----

January 17, 2017 5:26 pm  #1973

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 17, 2017 5:43 pm  #1974

Bring it on, tonnaree!

tonnaree wrote:

This one!  This one!    

Touch the Light, the Heat by Leloi
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9354044/chapters/21186104?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false

Love the Notes in the end! Mwahaha! 

-----

January 18, 2017 2:38 pm  #1975

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 22, 2017 9:56 pm  #1976

These aren't complete, are they? I feel curious about 'Touch the light, the heat', but I think I would read it when it's finished. Waiting kills me... 

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

February 2, 2017 4:36 pm  #1977

So much fluffy goodness on AO3 right now.

This is a little slice of perfection.

ENGRAVED by standbygo
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9551408/chapters/21595442?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_92913668

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 6, 2017 10:14 pm  #1978

Oh, this was beautiful, thank you for posting. 

February 7, 2017 6:28 am  #1979

I am plotting my own fic at the moment. It will start right after John is rescued from the well. I stay away from other post-S4 fan fics at the moment so I won't be influenced by other people's  (surely brilliant) ideas at the moment.

I will get to the recc'ed fics as soon as I am done with the first part of my fic I guess. :-)

February 7, 2017 7:34 am  #1980

Sounds great. I am looking forward to reading yours. 

Board footera