BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2017 6:46 pm  #61

Re: Wanted Sherlock to help Eurus escape?

Exactly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 19, 2017 7:04 pm  #62

Bankomas wrote:

Treatment is the key word.

And how would you treat Eurus?

January 19, 2017 7:06 pm  #63

I am not  a top psychiatrist.
Though Sherlock seems to be doing a good job.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 19, 2017 7:28 pm  #64

I believe, this is some sort of therapy for him too.

However Eurus is more difficult, psychiatrist already tried to help her, and they never succeed. It would be like to reprogram her brain, to work different - and I not mean to install new programs inside the operating system, but rather like to change ROM (Sherlock is not the only one, who likes the computer metaphors ;]  ). She is not ill, really (to be cured), she simply thinks different. 

Last edited by Naavy (January 19, 2017 8:20 pm)

January 19, 2017 7:34 pm  #65

Naavy wrote:

Bankomas wrote:

Treatment is the key word.

And how would you treat Eurus?

I already expressed my opinion on that. Post #30. An impossible job seems like a job for Sherlock.  

January 19, 2017 7:50 pm  #66

Quite so.

January 19, 2017 8:34 pm  #67

Bankomas wrote:

I already expressed my opinion on that. Post #30. An impossible job seems like a job for Sherlock.  

Maybe (just maybe) when she was five, she was still open enough, to change, but now? 
And you are not right about the pleasure, she takes. Killing itself is not pleasant for her, but she never minded to kill, just because she had such whim. It is even worse.

Last edited by Naavy (January 19, 2017 8:35 pm)

January 19, 2017 8:36 pm  #68

Yes, it was more like she wanted to witness the psychological effect on people.

January 19, 2017 8:55 pm  #69

I agree with besleybean

January 19, 2017 8:57 pm  #70

Naavy wrote:

And you are not right about the pleasure, she takes. Killing itself is not pleasant for her, but she never minded to kill, just because she had such whim. It is even worse.

I never said she took pleasure in killing. Always stated the opposite

January 19, 2017 9:40 pm  #71

Bankomas wrote:

Naavy wrote:

I never said she took pleasure in killing. Always stated the opposite

I understood ;p 
But my point is, she was able to kill in order to have even a smallest fun, or to sate her curiosity. To say nothing of rape (and murder together), she committed. She had no inner mechanisms, able to stop her, because she did not knew, how to differentiate between good and bad.

January 19, 2017 10:08 pm  #72

Naavy wrote:

I understood ;p 
But my point is, she was able to kill in order to have even a smallest fun, or to sate her curiosity. To say nothing of rape (and murder together), she committed. She had no inner mechanisms, able to stop her, because she did not knew, how to differentiate between good and bad.

This no doubt.

Last edited by Bankomas (January 19, 2017 10:09 pm)

Board footera