BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2017 7:29 am  #221

Re: The Final Problem: First impressions

besleybean wrote:

Molly is called in to babysit.

Well in that case I hope they pay Molly handsomely, she is rather over qualified for that line work 

January 17, 2017 7:43 am  #222

besleybean wrote:

I've replied to this on another thread and this forum doesn't allow me to copy and paste, so I'll type it all again!
John and Rosie were visiting 221 B.
Greg turns up wanting help on a case.

If she's called in to babysit in 221b that it's surely safe for children? ;)
The point is that we don't know where John and Rosie live. It's more practical and plausible for them to move in with Sherlock, tho.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 17, 2017 8:11 am  #223

After watching TFP only once I think it is left so vage thst we all can basically believe what we like. :-)

I like to believe in parentlock at 221b because it makes me happy. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 17, 2017 8:14 am  #224

Baker street is not only not suitable for a child, it is dangerous and in reallity it is not possible unless there is somebody with the child in every moment which prevents from any other work . I do not think that John being a doctor does not realise it.  But it is a show and they did not have to think about it for one scene. Next time, if there is any, Rosie will be at least 5.

January 17, 2017 8:27 am  #225

WhoIWantToBe wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Well in that case I hope they pay Molly handsomely, she is rather over qualified for that line work 

And Molly has a job as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 17, 2017 8:31 am  #226

Mrs. Hudson doesn't

And anyway, Rosie is probably good for Sherlock's moods, he'll never be bored anymore!

Last edited by ewige (January 17, 2017 8:31 am)

-----

January 17, 2017 9:46 am  #227

Schmiezi wrote:

After watching TFP only once I think it is left so vage thst we all can basically believe what we like. :-)

I've watched it twice and agree with that assessment. This season, TFP in particular, has been left so vague that you could easily interpret nonlock, parentlock/Johnlock, Sherlolly, Sherlock/Irene - and even Mystrade! 

And I also think John moved in to 221b once it was restored. Of course he did - that's where he belongs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 17, 2017 9:56 am  #228

Vhanja wrote:

Schmiezi wrote:

I've watched it twice and agree with that assessment. This season, TFP in particular, has been left so vague that you could easily interpret nonlock, parentlock/Johnlock, Sherlolly, Sherlock/Irene - and even Mystrade! 

And I also think John moved in to 221b once it was restored. Of course he did - that's where he belongs.

I agree with you on all accounts.

-----

January 17, 2017 4:11 pm  #229

I´m really really glad I managed to see it without any spoilers.

I was at the edge of my seat practically the whole time.

I think I´m going to love this when I had the time to think about it

I am relieved Mycroft survived, I was really worried for him.

January 17, 2017 4:29 pm  #230

All is forgiven- near the end, when the whole Holmes family is sitting, watching Sherlock and Euros play, Mama Holmes reaches over and pats Mycroft's hand.Sweet.

January 17, 2017 4:37 pm  #231

tonnaree wrote:

From what we are shown at the end of the episode it is entirely possible that John and Rosie HAVE moved into Baker Street.  There is nothing to rule it out.  The scene in John and Mary's old place was earlier and before they started restoring 221b.
I'm just saying that it is possible. 

They could as easily have just been visiting Uncle Sher. 221b is no place for a child of any age; we've seen that only too clearly.  But alas, it's all pretend anyway, and if they showed them living together again, it would only be the writers toying with our heads and our hearts. Nothing would be reality or as it seems, or maybe it'd all be in Sherlock's mind palace or some foolishness.  So I'll just make up something that pleases me, and pretend that's what they meant all along.

January 17, 2017 4:41 pm  #232

ewige wrote:

About it [221b] not being suitable - people make do! My place hadn't been good for children from the very first day but we got there eventually. Besides, they have a live-in babysitter. That's more than most working parents can say.

But surely you don't have people using a drone to deliver a hand grenade. Or bad guys coming in to take a loved one hostage, tie them up and point guns at them in the living room. Or refrigerated heads on a platter in the ice box. Or various fungi bubbling away on the stove. 221b is REALLY not good for most anyone, especially kids.

January 17, 2017 7:30 pm  #233

ancientsgate wrote:

ewige wrote:

About it [221b] not being suitable - people make do! My place hadn't been good for children from the very first day but we got there eventually. Besides, they have a live-in babysitter. That's more than most working parents can say.

But surely you don't have people using a drone to deliver a hand grenade. Or bad guys coming in to take a loved one hostage, tie them up and point guns at them in the living room. Or refrigerated heads on a platter in the ice box. Or various fungi bubbling away on the stove. 221b is REALLY not good for most anyone, especially kids.

If the bad guys want to attack John, they could do it at any other place as well, not only at Baker Street. If we assume he kept the house he bought/rented with Mary, a drone could be sent there as well, since he's still solving crimes with Sherlock.

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 17, 2017 7:32 pm  #234

But John wasn't the target, was he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 17, 2017 7:34 pm  #235

No, but John has been the target before and he could easily be again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 17, 2017 7:36 pm  #236

Only really Jim or I suppose CAM who targeted him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 17, 2017 7:37 pm  #237

Sherlock is usually the target, but it wouldn't be the first time John is used by the bad guys to get to Sherlock (pressure point...)

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 17, 2017 10:59 pm  #238

NicoleCollard wrote:

If the bad guys want to attack John, they could do it at any other place as well, not only at Baker Street. If we assume he kept the house he bought/rented with Mary, a drone could be sent there as well, since he's still solving crimes with Sherlock.

Of course, but the show is all we've ever seen of them, most of the time they've been at 221b, and having S and J together in the same residence is like a bad guy magnet. With the baby in John's house, presumably she'd be with a nanny while he did his doctoring and chasing after Sherlock, and probably safer there in her own house. I'm sure 6,000 fan fics will be written about this, if anyone ever wanted to delver into the subject of "what happens after".

January 18, 2017 12:20 am  #239

But who would pay the nanny?  John can't afford to; he's not rich.

January 18, 2017 12:32 am  #240

kgreen20 wrote:

But who would pay the nanny?  John can't afford to; he's not rich.

Uncle Mycroft.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera