BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2017 6:03 am  #6901

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Oh, look!
(Stealing shamelessly from the TFP First Impressions thread)

Tilly11 wrote:

I'm watching Study in Pink now, and noticed that after the "Wrong!" trilogy, his next text was "You know where to find me. SH" Full circle there. Also full circle with the statement that he is not only a great man, he is a good man. Another of many bows, wrapping from the first episode to the last! I loved it!

THANK YOU. I've totally forgotten about this text!
I get it that one of the possible romantic interests of Sherlock is supposed to be Irene here but this text really bothered me somehow. I knew it didn't have to go to Irene but now it seems even less likely.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 16, 2017 3:31 pm  #6902

ewige wrote:

Oh, look!
(Stealing shamelessly from the TFP First Impressions thread)

Tilly11 wrote:

I'm watching Study in Pink now, and noticed that after the "Wrong!" trilogy, his next text was "You know where to find me. SH" Full circle there. Also full circle with the statement that he is not only a great man, he is a good man. Another of many bows, wrapping from the first episode to the last! I loved it!

THANK YOU. I've totally forgotten about this text!
I get it that one of the possible romantic interests of Sherlock is supposed to be Irene here but this text really bothered me somehow. I knew it didn't have to go to Irene but now it seems even less likely.

When Greg said the good man thing I actually said out loud "wow, this really is the last one". It just felt so final. I hope not though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it, I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it, I won't fear love

January 16, 2017 3:36 pm  #6903

So, I did a thing if anyone is interested in a shortish read. Spoilers through the end of TLD and clean. It's what I think happened after the hug.

https://ismiseceltic.tumblr.com/post/155887712123/him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

January 16, 2017 5:37 pm  #6904

ismiseceltic wrote:

So, I did a thing if anyone is interested in a shortish read. Spoilers through the end of TLD and clean. It's what I think happened after the hug.

Headcanon accept as my own.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 16, 2017 6:57 pm  #6905

tonnaree wrote:

ismiseceltic wrote:

Headcanon accept as my own.  

I was thinking I might come back and do the same thing from Sherlock's point of view. That could be fun.

January 16, 2017 11:43 pm  #6906

Moffat on Irene:

"I have no reason to suppose that Sherlock is not telling the truth, that he loves ignoring her texts. There was no new information there. We always known he rescued her and she wasn’t really dead. And if you paid attention you’d have known they’ve remained slightly in touch because there’s a rose — when he’s injured — there’s a single rose in the room. If you think about it, he saves her life, they must have escaped together, obviously there’s some form of contact."

​Moffat on Molly:

"She gets over it! Surely at a certain point you have to figure out that after Sherlock escapes tells her, “I’m really sorry about that, it was a code, I thought your flat was about to blow up.” And she says, “Oh well that’s okay then, you bastard.” And then they go back to normal, that’s what people do. I can’t see why you’d have to play that out. She forgives him, of course, and our newly grown-up Sherlock is more careful with her feelings in the future. In the end of that scene, she’s a bit wounded by it all, but he’s absolutely devastated. He smashes up the coffin, he’s in pieces, he’s more upset than she is, and that’s a huge step in Sherlock’s development. The question is: Did Sherlock survive that scene? She probably had a drink and went and shagged someone, I dunno. Molly was fine."

(source: http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/16/sherlock-showrunner-season-4-finale/ )

Well, we're not really further than we were before, are we?

Yet I don't know, my Johnlock heart is quite happy.

​Sure, it doesn't rule out the whole "Sherlock had sex with Irene" theory

​And the way he talks about Molly doesn't make it sound like she's that much in love with Sherlock and it feels like it excludes any Sherlolly should there be another season.

​But it's probably just me and my Johnlock's blinkers

Just like old times...

January 17, 2017 12:02 am  #6907

Can't see the whole article, unfortunately. Thank you for the quotes!

I'm a little disappointed Steven says we should selectively ignore/downplay something (Irene as Sherlock's possible romantic interest, for one thing) while latching onto some dubious connection (deep waters - swimming pool?) just because they decided that Redbeard was drowned.

In the end the whole evidence committed to film matters equally. So for me the only explanation for not showing definite jl after the whole build up is saying that romance won't be shown for Sherlock at all despite so many possibilities available.

For Moftiss, writing in all the clues for Irene and Molly and YES johnlock in TFP just to summarily dismiss them in an interview sounds a little odd.

-----

January 17, 2017 4:15 am  #6908

For me, I have decided that I will no longer debate the issue of Johnlock.

Oh, I will still support it and fangirl over it, but I won't even peek in the debate thread any more. I won't argue or try to convince anyone.

I see what I see and I believe what I believe.  At the end of TFP I saw johnlock and parentlock.  I saw Sherlock and John and Rosie as a family, with Gramma Hudders, Aunt Molly and Uncle Lestrade too of course.     After so much anxiety over what might be coming, the end of the episode made me so damn happy.  

Would I have liked a kiss?  You guys know me, I would've liked to see them tangled in bed shagging like bunnies!!!!  But do I have to have it?  No.  I'm ok with what we were given.  I'm good.

Last edited by tonnaree (January 17, 2017 4:17 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 17, 2017 5:14 am  #6909

tonnaree wrote:

Oh, I will still support it and fangirl over it, but I won't even peek in the debate thread any more. I won't argue or try to convince anyone.

I see what I see and I believe what I believe.  At the end of TFP I saw johnlock and parentlock.  I saw Sherlock and John and Rosie as a family, with Gramma Hudders, Aunt Molly and Uncle Lestrade too of course.     After so much anxiety over what might be coming, the end of the episode made me so damn happy.  

Would I have liked a kiss?  You guys know me, I would've liked to see them tangled in bed shagging like bunnies!!!!  But do I have to have it?  No.  I'm ok with what we were given.  I'm good.

Yes to all of this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 17, 2017 7:07 am  #6910

Well my views are:
John and Sherlock still living separately.
Sherlock and Irene:  well I confess Steven does have me a tad confused on that one, too.  So didn't they have sex?  Has Sherlock had sex once when he was a student as a trial?!  See my head canon was that Euros and Sherlock are very similar. They had done exactly the same thing: thought they'd give sex a go, to see what all the fuss was about.  Because she's so disturbed it obviously didn't matter who it was with and had to be rape. See with Sherlock, I would have thought Irene would have been a good choice, but maybe it did happen about the same time when he started experimenting with drugs.
Sherlock + Molly: I still think she's in love with him.  He likes her, but as a friend- like John, tho maybe John's more like a bro.
Incidentally, where are all these Moffat interviews coming from?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 17, 2017 7:25 am  #6911

besleybean wrote:

Well my views are:
John and Sherlock still living separately.
Sherlock and Irene:  well I confess Steven does have me a tad confused on that one, too.  So didn't they have sex?  Has Sherlock had sex once when he was a student as a trial?!  See my head canon was that Euros and Sherlock are very similar. They had done exactly the same thing: thought they'd give sex a go, to see what all the fuss was about.  Because she's so disturbed it obviously didn't matter who it was with and had to be rape. See with Sherlock, I would have thought Irene would have been a good choice, but maybe it did happen about the same time when he started experimenting with drugs.
Sherlock + Molly: I still think she's in love with him.  He likes her, but as a friend- like John, tho maybe John's more like a bro.
Incidentally, where are all these Moffat interviews coming from?

I think you posted on the wrong thread dear. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 17, 2017 7:27 am  #6912

It happens.
Though I'm still confused on the rules.
I thought I'd seen other non-Johnlockers post here.
But then, what does one constitute as a Johnlocker?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 17, 2017 7:28 am  #6913

tonnaree wrote:

Same here. I'm not arguing pro johnlock because it's obvious Moftiss left everything open for a reason. As it is, there are gaps that we are invited to fill ourselves now.

Sherlock, John and Rosie in 221b is the most practical choice for John. Once there, it's just a short step further. I didn't expect him to be over mourning Mary too soon anyway.

We got our perfect JL moment (10 minutes long!) in TLD. The boys will be fine. Even if off screen.

-----

January 17, 2017 7:35 am  #6914

besleybean wrote:

It happens.

I'm actually glad you are here. Quoting other threads was getting ridiculous. I think the rule is no jl bashing first and foremost and there has been none of that in your post.

Steven's words about Irene are reassuring for jl but they don't prove or deny anything. Just like other romantic possibilities. This is the best jl confirmation for me, actually: we didn't get to see them romantically involved because it's not that kind of the show, not because they are not or can't be. It's about detectice and legends and not what they are doing in their free time.

Last edited by ewige (January 17, 2017 7:37 am)

-----

January 17, 2017 7:37 am  #6915

besleybean wrote:

It happens.

Well, this thread is for all who believe Sherlock and John will become a couple or who would love to see it.

Basically, we don't discuss "if" bit enjoy the idea of "when".

Or so I think. Maybe the others disagree?

January 17, 2017 7:48 am  #6916

You are right, Schmiezi. This is not a thread to debate if there has been, is, or will be Johnlock. It is not about individual people being allowed to post here or not but about opinions stated. For a discussion about the IF of Johnlock we have the debate. Please respect this distinction.

Last edited by SusiGo (January 17, 2017 7:48 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2017 8:24 am  #6917

My problem is that there's nothing to debate anymore. The ending is so open that Moftiss are basically saying "pick your favorite version". Like with the explanation how Sherlock survived the fall.

Also, to stay on topic (for real now):

-----

January 17, 2017 8:31 am  #6918

If you feel no need to debate, you do not have to. You can just enjoy fanfics or fan art for now. This has never been a debate thread in the first place but a place to celebrate and enjoy Johnlock.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2017 8:39 am  #6919

Yeah, I know.
It's just difficult to slow down after the flurry of arguments from the several last days

The artist of the animation above explained the process on her deviant art page. Now I want to try something similar - and I haven't touched my graphic tablet in years!

-----

January 17, 2017 8:44 am  #6920

Feel free to share it. Would love to see it.

Board footera