BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 6:47 pm  #2381

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

It's a strange pic, because the one who is often in the middle of every photo is Sherlock. But this time, John is between the Holmes brothers. It seems to me that Mycroft is speaking about something Sherlock knows and John doesn't. The three of them aren't looking to one another's eyes. John listens carefully and thoughtfully. Interesting pic.

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 13, 2017 10:17 am  #2382

A compilation of all TFP scenes from the trailers:
https://vimeo.com/198729618

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 13, 2017 10:19 am  #2383

NicoleCollard wrote:

It's a strange pic, because the one who is often in the middle of every photo is Sherlock. But this time, John is between the Holmes brothers. It seems to me that Mycroft is speaking about something Sherlock knows and John doesn't. The three of them aren't looking to one another's eyes. John listens carefully and thoughtfully. Interesting pic.

Mycroft explaining to John about Sherrinford/Eurus?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 13, 2017 11:00 am  #2384

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 13, 2017 11:27 am  #2385

Does it contain spoilers?

-----

January 13, 2017 11:36 am  #2386

ewige wrote:

Does it contain spoilers?

No, it is not a real synopsis. It´s just a little joke.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 13, 2017 11:38 am  #2387

Thanks! It was really funny, too!

-----

January 13, 2017 11:52 am  #2388

Hahahaha! I can imagine that! 

"Not so loud, dears!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2017 1:00 pm  #2389

Hope this is the right thread for this as I originally posted it in the Johnlock Debate Thread - sorry about that!

There was a preview screening of The Final Problem in London last night...

It seems that there was no Johnlock kiss or confirmation that they are in a romantic or sexual relationship.

https://twitter.com/j1mfromit/with_replies

The nasty and abusive tweets to Mark, Sue and Arwel have begun already. As I predicted a few months ago, sadly this is not going to be pleasant.

January 13, 2017 1:11 pm  #2390

I'm sorry, Shani, I had to provide the link just in case!
Here's the thread I've been talking about:
BFI screening 12 January (may contain TFP spoilers)
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=7267

-----

January 14, 2017 1:54 am  #2391

January 14, 2017 8:27 am  #2392

You know, I was puzzling and puzzling about why the other chess picture was a spoiler, and this one, or the similar picture without the chess board wasn't.  And I think now that it all it was is that they were meant to be released in order.  We see them conferring, they start playing chess, and Sherlock gets annoyed or is a bad loser.  

January 14, 2017 8:34 am  #2393

I think you are right... There's a story told in these pictures, but we'll know for sure tomorrow night !

January 14, 2017 8:47 am  #2394

Or Sherlock is quivering over what has to be done?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 8:58 am  #2395

I have the three pics saved in order already ;)
Still not cononsidering the last one a huge spoiler. Just Sherlock being a spoilsport. Or upsetting Mycroft's carefully laid plans for a good reason.

-----

January 14, 2017 11:16 am  #2396

Just had a weird moment... I decided to watch a TV series called Black Mirror. First episode, starring Rory Kinnear as the UK Prime Minister, had a scene that revolved around the Home Secretary – played by Lindsay Duncan – ordering a D-Notice! The episode was aired in 2011, so I'm guessing Moftiss may have been inspired by the scene when writing HLV/TST.

January 14, 2017 11:17 am  #2397

I think we all remember that episode for other things!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 14, 2017 11:25 am  #2398

Yeah I kind of wish I'd never watched it... but the D-Notice scene distracted me a little. I'm going to delete the rest.

January 14, 2017 11:28 am  #2399

And of course more recently, the infamous scene relates to our former prime minister!

January 14, 2017 11:53 am  #2400

besleybean wrote:

And of course more recently, the infamous scene relates to our former prime minister!

It's off-topic but now I'm curious. What is the "infamouse scene"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera