BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 6:18 pm  #21

Re: How's John going to survive...

Kae Em wrote:

Eurus wasn't aiming the gun at John but at the "him" she mentioned twice while talking to John. She sais: "My parents loved silly names like Eururs, or Mycroft, or Sherlock. Oh, look at him!" And after that "look at him" she adresses John again directly, not in the third person. So in the end, when she sais "He's making a funny face! I put a hole in it" she's not talking about John making a funny face, but that third person she mentioned earlier  making a funny face. So my theory is that she's hallucinating someone - probably Sherlock? - and aiming the gun at that hallucination, not at John.

I like this theory! As I posted in another thread, she eventually looks to her left while talking to John (right before taking off her glasses). And she stated that she knew the difference between looking away and looking to. Maybe because she hallucinates too and she often does it.

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 12, 2017 7:07 pm  #22

I was thinking... if she is threatening John not to move; she seems to need him for something... so would it be wise to shoot him in the fist place? (unless she's mad...)

The 'him' she talks about seems so out of place too... I was thinking "Oh is Sherlock there??"

We don't exactly see her shoot the gun do we? we see a gun, we see smoke and the colour red... right? (forgive me, each rewatch I've been a mess... so I might have missed something) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 12, 2017 7:30 pm  #23

I would expect blanks and then something like "it frigthened you does't it"  

They start with shot, end with shot, so tha last shot might be the first one, just for dramatic effect. 

I think that "him" is really John, she speak about him this way to humiliate him, there is no direct speach after it. 

January 12, 2017 7:32 pm  #24

It's all a bit Gollum, isn't it?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2017 7:34 pm  #25

besleybean wrote:

Hahaha. That would be funny. Martin Freeman being Bilbo all over again.

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 12, 2017 7:36 pm  #26

NicoleCollard wrote:

Kae Em wrote:

Eurus wasn't aiming the gun at John but at the "him" she mentioned twice while talking to John. She sais: "My parents loved silly names like Eururs, or Mycroft, or Sherlock. Oh, look at him!" And after that "look at him" she adresses John again directly, not in the third person. So in the end, when she sais "He's making a funny face! I put a hole in it" she's not talking about John making a funny face, but that third person she mentioned earlier  making a funny face. So my theory is that she's hallucinating someone - probably Sherlock? - and aiming the gun at that hallucination, not at John.

I like this theory! As I posted in another thread, she eventually looks to her left while talking to John (right before taking off her glasses). And she stated that she knew the difference between looking away and looking to. Maybe because she hallucinates too and she often does it.

Yeah I like this too, the "him" could definitely be someone she's "seeing" and not actually John.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 12, 2017 7:49 pm  #27

Why  everybody halucinates. It must be something in the air. 

January 12, 2017 10:40 pm  #28

I'm really hoping that he wasn't shot--that it's actually a segue to another scene...

January 13, 2017 12:01 am  #29

I made screenshots of the shooting gun from the beginning,middle and end of TLD. I do not how to input them but they are the same. But who is shooting? At the beginning we are supposed to think that it is   Vivien, but she had dark sleeve outside with white inside, Eurus does not have long sleeves and the shooting person has only dark sleeve (coat) . Maybe Sherlock in the next episode?

January 13, 2017 1:33 am  #30

NicoleCollard wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Hahaha. That would be funny. Martin Freeman being Bilbo all over again.

LOL!  Indeed.=)

Wish I knew how to post pictures on this forum, so I could post a picture of Bilbo and Gollum in the cave!

January 13, 2017 7:07 am  #31

besleybean wrote:

Or could it be Mycroft at the end of a security camera?!

I like that idea.

Not sure why there is such a dramatic cliffhanger for only one week of waiting. But thinking of how they resolved the cliffhanger at the end of TGG, it can be something surprisingly simple, like Eurus shooting the wall to scare John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 13, 2017 7:09 am  #32

Yeah, it's not like we're having to wait years til the next series, on this cliffhanger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 13, 2017 7:09 am  #33

Or a picture!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 13, 2017 6:19 pm  #34

Well, don't forget that when they had finished filming The Great Game, they didn't know whether there was going to be another season or not.  Only when they finally realized that there was going to be one were they able to resolve TGG's cliffhanger.  That wasn't the case this time. They already knew how the cliffhanger in The Lying Detective was going to be resolved, and as soon as they started filming The Final Problem, they were ready to do just that.

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 13, 2017 6:19 pm)

January 13, 2017 6:20 pm  #35

Quite so.

January 13, 2017 6:43 pm  #36

Therefore, if they wish to show John being injured by a bullet at the beginning of TFP instead of getting him off the hook as they did at the beginning of ASIB, they can do so.  Because John will recover and go on to help Sherlock (and maybe Mycroft) solve the case that they'll be presented with, in TFP.

Time will tell, of course, how the cliffhanger will be resolved.

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 13, 2017 6:47 pm)

January 13, 2017 6:51 pm  #37

Since Eurus doesn't have dark sleeves and I don't want Sherlock to go shooting people again, I'll just say the shot shown is from TFP and it's John or more probably Sherlock holding the gun.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 13, 2017 7:18 pm  #38

John seems to be quite well in TFP, so either not injured or only minor.

January 14, 2017 12:00 am  #39

In the scenes from the trailers we've seen, yes, and maybe John is quite well from the beginning of the episode.  However, since TFP is a 90-minute episode, quite a bit could happen in the course of it, including a bullet wound at the start of the episode and a chance to recover from it before the real action begins.

As you said, though, he may not be injured.  Time will tell (which is running out fast!).

Last edited by kgreen20 (January 14, 2017 12:02 am)

January 14, 2017 12:54 am  #40

I believe Eurus has not shot John. I think she shot something on the wall (maybe a photograph?)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera