BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2017 11:09 am  #6821

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

ewige wrote:

Very nice!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2017 11:52 am  #6822

Lovely!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2017 11:57 am  #6823

Shamelessly stealing from nakahara:

Some details indeed!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 12, 2017 12:19 pm  #6824

Again profiting from nakahara's posts!

Answering the question whether Benedict is the sole star of the show, Martin says:
"To be fair, I think it's a two-header. I mean, obviously I would say that, and I'm under no illusion about the title of the show. The show's not called John. So yes, primarily of course Sherlock is the primary character, but Steven and Mark's incarnation of it is us. It is us, you know."

The full article:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=280242#p280242

-----

January 12, 2017 12:20 pm  #6825

Oh Lord, Sherlock is so gentle... I could watch those gifs for hours. If S4 had ended with this hug, I would have been in Johnlock heaven.

Now I fear that the next episode will be less perfect.

I mean, I hope that Johnlock is endgame, and I am 99.9% sure it is. Yet, some dark part of me keeps wondering, what if they let S4 end in a way that shatters all my Johnlock dreams?

Then I try to think about it rationally. What could happen that would REALLY end Johnlock? John's marriage didn't.

Sherlock going to Irene? No, we would just write fan fics in which Irene would send Sherlock back to his John.

Can you think of something that would really end our hopes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 12, 2017 12:41 pm  #6826

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 12, 2017 12:53 pm  #6827

@Schmiezi,

I know! I too thought The Hug [/echo] could as well be the end of the whole show and I'd be very happy already I too am a little anxious about the next ep - but just because TLD was SO good.

I also can't help noticing that holding somebody's neck is an extremely intimate way to comfort that person. People usually end up with hands on each other's backs. Sherlock's hand gliding up John's shoulder is a simple choice because of John's position. But not his neck! I hate it when people touch the back of my neck. There is absolutely no friend allowed to do that, but then, nobody ever would! Least of all with an ex soldier who has PTSD. Sherlock's other hand could have alighted as easily on John's other shoulder, in John's hair... but he lets it rest on the back of John's neck - and John lets him.

[beware a change of topic]

I honestly think that a definite non-JL ending is impossible. You know how it is in statistics? You have to work really hard to prove the absense of something, whereas you need only one positive result to prove that something exists.

Besides, it all depends on TFP being the final ep or not. If we assume it's been written as the show finale, then the only really obvious thing that can happen is that no obvious commitment (i.e. a kiss) between John and Sherlock is shown. But then, that would merely prove that Mark and Steven don't want to make the show the flagship of LGBT representation. That wouldn't prove Sherlock and John don't love each other more than friends!

I don't know where the idea with the kiss came from (I suspect it's that kissy face Benedict made at SDCC?) so I'm actually not holding out for one. I only want to see John and Sherlock committing to each other. The interpretation of this commitment will probably depend on our individual perception. But if John and Sherlock (and Rosie!) end up living in the same place and are shown happy and contented with each other - with no more serial dating for John and no shooting up for Sherlock - then I'm positive the boys will end up in bed at some point too, even if it's not hinted at on screen.

There is so much going on that there'll be always something hinting at JL. Even if it's just a huge stuffed elephant in their new living room. Therewill be people who'll choose to ignore it and people who'll latch onto it.

Last edited by ewige (January 12, 2017 12:57 pm)

-----

January 12, 2017 12:54 pm  #6828

-----

January 12, 2017 1:15 pm  #6829

I was going to join the conversation regarding Johnlock in TFP but I'm too busy being mesmerized by those hands...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it, I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it, I won't fear love

January 12, 2017 4:08 pm  #6830

-----

January 12, 2017 4:11 pm  #6831

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2017 5:21 pm  #6832

ewige wrote:

Well, if something like a kiss would happen... That would be... *-* Or that its shown that they are living all together again + Rosie. But still... If I would have the choice between a kiss or a new season... I would take the second option. More time for our boys to develop. Dont get me wrong I would love a kiss between them but I would much more love a new season and I think that its perhaps a bit too early after Marys death. I prefer waiting for something to happen between them instead of getting a kiss or something and the shows finale 

Last edited by Dumai (January 12, 2017 5:23 pm)

January 12, 2017 5:35 pm  #6833

I'm usually all for waiting and UST too but in this case the new season is everything but a certainty.
I'll take the kiss now, please. If Moftiss choose to show more at some point, I'll tune in later too

-----

January 12, 2017 6:10 pm  #6834

ewige wrote:

I honestly think that a definite non-JL ending is impossible. You know how it is in statistics? You have to work really hard to prove the absense of something, whereas you need only one positive result to prove that something exists.

Besides, it all depends on TFP being the final ep or not. If we assume it's been written as the show finale, then the only really obvious thing that can happen is that no obvious commitment (i.e. a kiss) between John and Sherlock is shown. But then, that would merely prove that Mark and Steven don't want to make the show the flagship of LGBT representation. That wouldn't prove Sherlock and John don't love each other more than friends!

I don't know where the idea with the kiss came from (I suspect it's that kissy face Benedict made at SDCC?) so I'm actually not holding out for one. I only want to see John and Sherlock committing to each other. The interpretation of this commitment will probably depend on our individual perception. But if John and Sherlock (and Rosie!) end up living in the same place and are shown happy and contented with each other - with no more serial dating for John and no shooting up for Sherlock - then I'm positive the boys will end up in bed at some point too, even if it's not hinted at on screen.

I absolutely agree with you. I'm not sure about JL kiss, I don't think it's going to happen (Mark said they aren't intending to write an openly gay couple), but there are ways to hint that they will live happily ever after with each other (not sure about the bed either, Sherlock's quite special, haha), as they lived in ACD's canon (well, until Sherlock Holmes went to Sussex, I think. But, do we know for sure that Dr. Watson didn't move in with him?).

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 12, 2017 7:10 pm  #6835

ewige wrote:

Shamelessly stealing from nakahara:

Some details indeed!

Holy ****!! I've been offline for two days and now this is what I'm coming back to.
I think after being away for two days I'll just stare at this for another two days.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 12, 2017 7:17 pm  #6836

ewige wrote:

Haha!

The gifs from the hug, that stroke up to John's neck!  I've watched them far too many times haha.

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 12, 2017 7:23 pm  #6837

In this case there is no "far too many times", Lis.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 12, 2017 7:25 pm  #6838

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE JUST KILL THAT BLEEDING ELEPHANT!   *sobbing*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2017 7:41 pm  #6839

I've been more than a little obsessed with the hug gifs not to mention actual video clips of it. The bad thing is I share an office with a guy who sits behind me. I know he thinks I'm an absolute freak. I don't care though, it makes my work day most enjoyable.

There's something about the way Sherlock puts his hand on the back of John's neck that makes me sort of weak in the knees.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it, I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it, I won't fear love

January 12, 2017 7:47 pm  #6840

ismiseceltic wrote:

There's something about the way Sherlock puts his hand on the back of John's neck that makes me sort of weak in the knees.

Oh god yes.
And I mean... Sherlock's hands, John's neck...  clearly they are made for one another.

Board footera