BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 10, 2017 9:06 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock Live

Now I think that a team must have been involved. It wasn't just the twitter, there have been posts on the http://www.bbc.co.uk page too, and somebody must have been monitoring tweets.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 10, 2017 9:09 pm  #22

That was fun! My sister and I right at the beginning said maybe he had killed himself but then we started looking at the other suspects. At the end we were like, damn we should have gone with our first thought! 

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

January 10, 2017 9:10 pm  #23

I wonder if there's any hints to the show itself in this... apparently our dear writers had a big finger in this cake! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 10, 2017 9:11 pm  #24

All I saw was the bit about Sherlock and John being in the bathroom together, or something! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 9:13 pm  #25

besleybean wrote:

All I saw was the bit about Sherlock and John being in the bathroom together, or something! 

Now you caught my interest! ;-)

I missed the event. Hope you all had fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 10, 2017 9:14 pm  #26

Sherlock just wearing the deerstalker, right? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 10, 2017 9:15 pm  #27

It was something about them playing with rubber ducks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 10, 2017 9:15 pm  #28

Someone on tumblr summed it up:

so the solution on #sherlocklive was that someone knew their spouse was having an affair and decided to kill themselves in such a manner as to destroy their spouse and the person their spouse was in love with

There was also a dog and a dinner at Angelo's. 

And I think I read that Mark at least was involved. And Joe Lidster. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 10, 2017 9:16 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 10, 2017 9:16 pm  #29

It certainly sounded very Mark to me!

January 10, 2017 9:18 pm  #30

SusiGo wrote:

Someone on tumblr summed it up:

so the solution on #sherlocklive was that someone knew their spouse was having an affair and decided to kill themselves in such a manner as to destroy their spouse and the person their spouse was in love with

There was also a dog and a dinner at Angelo's. 

And I think I read that Mark at least was involved. And Joe Lidster. 

Well when you sum it up like that...

-----

January 10, 2017 9:19 pm  #31

Nah...

January 10, 2017 9:20 pm  #32

It's another mention of suicide. Suicide/self harm has cropped up a few times. It could be argued Mary killed herself by stepping in front of the bullet, in TLD there was a few mentions of suicide and in the google maps of 221B on Sherlock's shelf there was a book on suicide and suicide prevention.

January 10, 2017 9:22 pm  #33

Another try at a summary (not my own):

brilliant sociopath commits suicide in such a way that is intended to frame and destroy spouse and spouse’s lover, conveniently initialed S and J, while incidentally implying that brilliant sociopath was also having an affair that ended when one of the parties became pregnant

Last edited by SusiGo (January 10, 2017 9:22 pm)

January 10, 2017 9:24 pm  #34

Hahaha, I love this forum. Who did notice the S and J coincidence? 

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 10, 2017 9:28 pm  #35

I don't think Mary had planned to kill herself.
I think she and Sherlock are again similar in knowing that death could happen to them at any time and very quickly.

January 10, 2017 9:30 pm  #36

SusiGo wrote:

brilliant sociopath commits suicide in such a way that is intended to frame and destroy spouse and spouse’s lover, conveniently initialed S and J, while incidentally implying that brilliant sociopath was also having an affair that ended when one of the parties became pregnant

S and J? Looks like the universe has been lazy again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 10, 2017 9:33 pm  #37

Schmiezi wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

S and J? Looks like the universe has been lazy again!

Haha!

January 10, 2017 9:35 pm  #38

-----

January 10, 2017 9:35 pm  #39

NicoleCollard wrote:

Hahaha, I love this forum. Who did notice the S and J coincidence? 

I think it was watsonshoneybee on tumblr. 

And it seems the psychopathic guy really killed himself to put the blame on Sophie and Joey. 

January 10, 2017 9:39 pm  #40

Lis wrote:

It's another mention of suicide. Suicide/self harm has cropped up a few times. It could be argued Mary killed herself by stepping in front of the bullet, in TLD there was a few mentions of suicide and in the google maps of 221B on Sherlock's shelf there was a book on suicide and suicide prevention.

Exactly. The suicide theme has been there since the very beginning. From ASiP over TRF to the latest episode TLD and this twitter case...

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

Board footera