BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2017 3:01 pm  #6701

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

Vhanja wrote:

Someone on Tumblr said that the only one really invested in the Watson marriage was Sherlock. 

Sounds about right to me....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 5, 2017 4:05 pm  #6702

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2017 10:59 pm  #6703

I have seriously no idea how a friend of mine can say after TLD that johnlock will never happen O.o
Sherlock almost let himself be killed for John.
There was that speech of John's about falling for a mad sociopath - the speech that fits Sherlock 100%.
And The Hug.
And The Feels.
And John telling Sherlock about his cheating, and Sherlock telling John about texting Irene back.
It was just perfect.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

January 8, 2017 11:04 pm  #6704

Hm. Actually I thought the same as your friend.... But now reading your post.... Hmmmm...

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 8, 2017 11:05 pm  #6705

I just leave this on your doorstep, Johnlockers, because it was the first thing that came to my mind when they talked and hugged.

What It Is (E. Fried, english translation)

"It is nonsense
says reason
It is what it is
says love

It is calamity
says calculation
It is nothing but pain
says fear
It is hopeless
says insight
It is what it is
says love

It is ludicrous
says pride
It is foolish
says caution
It is impossible
says experience
It is what it is
says love"

Last edited by Whisky (January 8, 2017 11:08 pm)

"It is what it is."

January 8, 2017 11:08 pm  #6706

oh

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 8, 2017 11:09 pm  #6707

Yeah...

And I mean, Mary was gone then. I loved her in this ep but she's gone now, for real.

-----

January 8, 2017 11:32 pm  #6708

Did Sherlock just realise that a serial killer (serial dater John Watson) was ready to kill anyoneand so decide it might as well be himself.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 8, 2017 11:44 pm  #6709

ewige wrote:

I have seriously no idea how a friend of mine can say after TLD that johnlock will never happen O.o
Sherlock almost let himself be killed for John.
There was that speech of John's about falling for a mad sociopath - the speech that fits Sherlock 100%.
And The Hug.
And The Feels.
And John telling Sherlock about his cheating, and Sherlock telling John about texting Irene back.
It was just perfect.

This!

I am tired and still overwhelmed by the whole episode but you are perfectly right.

I can't get over how natural it looked for Sherlock to take John into his arms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 8, 2017 11:49 pm  #6710

And have I mentioned all the FEELZ?
John and Sherlock have had the best, most honest (as far as they can at this moment) and the most emotional conversation ever. Also, probably the longest one. They confessed stuff to each other. John was a tad irritated about Irene (thank Mary). Sherlock was immediately comforting and understanding about the bus lady. John has finally let Sherlock touch him (what a contrast to the previous ep!).
I'm in johnlock heaven.

-----

January 8, 2017 11:54 pm  #6711

And remember, in this episode Mary was actually John talking to himself.  And what was Mary's main concern?  Getting him and Sherlock back together!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 8, 2017 11:58 pm  #6712

tonnaree wrote:

And remember, in this episode Mary was actually John talking to himself.  And what was Mary's main concern?  Getting him and Sherlock back together!

Yes, and John stopped seeing her right after that!

-----

January 9, 2017 12:01 am  #6713

ewige wrote:

And have I mentioned all the FEELZ?
John and Sherlock have had the best, most honest (as far as they can at this moment) and the most emotional conversation ever. Also, probably the longest one. They confessed stuff to each other. John was a tad irritated about Irene (thank Mary). Sherlock was immediately comforting and understanding about the bus lady. John has finally let Sherlock touch him (what a contrast to the previous ep!).
I'm in johnlock heaven.

Oh, yes! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

January 9, 2017 12:26 am  #6714

I'm reading people saying "Oh my God, Sherlock sometimes texts Irene back!" as if those texts were a proof of Sherlock's love for her. But my impression is the opposite, actually: he is playing them down. Sherlock's trying to comfort John by saying that texting isn't important at all. Anyone else can see this or am I getting crazy after all we were put through tonight?

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 9, 2017 12:33 am  #6715

NicoleCollard wrote:

I'm reading people saying "Oh my God, Sherlock sometimes texts Irene back!" as if those texts were a proof of Sherlock's love for her. But my impression is the opposite, actually: he is playing them down. Sherlock's trying to comfort John by saying that texting isn't important at all. Anyone else can see this or am I getting crazy after all we were put through tonight?

I think you are completely right. It tickles me that Sherlock and Irene are still in touch since ASiB is one of my favorite eps, but I didn't have the feeling it was important to Sherlock.
The whole of John's speech about Sherlock and Irene and how one must grasp the opportunity fits him and Sherlock basically 100%.

-----

January 9, 2017 12:41 am  #6716

ewige wrote:

NicoleCollard wrote:

I think you are completely right. It tickles me that Sherlock and Irene are still in touch since ASiB is one of my favorite eps, but I didn't have the feeling it was important to Sherlock.
The whole of John's speech about Sherlock and Irene and how one must grasp the opportunity fits him and Sherlock basically 100%.

I'm not sure John is thinking about him and Sherlock during his speech, but Sherlock definitely is. He denies Irene constantly. And when he admits he texts her sometimes I think he's just mirroring John's actions. Like, "look, I'm not cheating on you, John, when I text her. It's just texting". Harmless texting.

Sherlock Holmes: I've disappointed you.
John Watson: That's good... that's a good deduction, yeah.
Sherlock Holmes: Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist, and if they did, I wouldn't be one of them.

January 9, 2017 12:43 am  #6717

NicoleCollard wrote:

ewige wrote:

NicoleCollard wrote:

I'm not sure John is thinking about him and Sherlock during his speech, but Sherlock definitely is. He denies Irene constantly. And when he admits he texts her sometimes I think he's just mirroring John's actions. Like, "look, I'm not cheating on you, John, when I text her. It's just texting". Harmless texting.

Yes! And of course John doesn't know that he's talking about himself - yet!
I need to see and hear that scene again. like, right now

-----

January 9, 2017 1:56 am  #6718

I am even more convinced of EMP after that.   

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 9, 2017 2:10 am  #6719

Mothonthemantel wrote:

I am even more convinced of EMP after that.

How come?

-----

January 9, 2017 2:31 am  #6720

I don't write meta I do maths lol ! But so so many many things ! Callbacks to S03 and the relationships between everyone and so much script resonating with it. It's like last week Sherlock gave himself therapy and this week he gave it to John and their relationship. I think next week will be all Mycroft and Sherlocks past and why Sherlock decided sentiment was a fatal error.

Board footera