BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2017 3:41 pm  #1

"Miss me?" - meaning

It was my first association, when I saw inscription on CD: "do these words indicate, that Mary was the person behind Moriarty's alleged comeback?". 
Surely she knew many people, who had (or still have) some unusual skills. Could she feel obligated to create (or pay for) such hoax, in order to save Sherlock, and bring him back to UK? Could she let him know, what was the truth, in this covert way?

Last edited by Naavy (January 5, 2017 3:43 pm)

January 5, 2017 3:55 pm  #2

Re: "Miss me?" - meaning

I don't know. Mary did say that she hoped that the 'Miss Me' would get Sherlock's attention. 

Through the episode we saw Sherlock 'obsessing' over Moriarty and his Miss Me thing... maybe she wanted to be sure he watched the DVD immediately? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 5, 2017 4:37 pm  #3

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I don't know. Mary did say that she hoped that the 'Miss Me' would get Sherlock's attention. 

Through the episode we saw Sherlock 'obsessing' over Moriarty and his Miss Me thing... maybe she wanted to be sure he watched the DVD immediately? 

You are right, of course, but in "Sherlock" things rarely have only one meaning. In tarmac scene Mary looked so completely relaxed - like she were sure, nothing bad was going to happen to Sherlock. Maybe she did look after it?

Last edited by Naavy (January 5, 2017 4:37 pm)

January 5, 2017 5:00 pm  #4

It's quite fitting, as she's sending a message from beyond the grave, like Sherlock.  I thought even when we saw a clip of the DVD before the episode was aired, that perhaps somebody had used it to bring Sherlock back.  And I agree, that there's the hint it might be Mary. 

Mary says that she did it to get Sherlock's attention, though, which might just be referencing the fact that he becomes obsesses with Moriarty.

Board footera