BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2016 3:57 pm  #1

Emmy nominations for TAB

This is amazing: 

Sherlock Emmy Nominations 2016

All for The Abominable Bride:

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie 
Benedict Cumberbatch 

Outstanding Television Movie 
The Abominable Bride 

Outstanding Cinematography For A Limited Series Or Movie 
Suzie Lavelle, ISC, Director of Photography

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special 
Douglas Sinclair, Supervising Sound Editor Paul McFadden, Dialogue Editor Jonathan Joyce, Sound Editor Stuart McCowan, Sound Editor Howard Bargroff, Sound Editor Rael Jones, Music Editor Jamie Talbut, Foley Editor Julie Ankerson, Foley Artist 

Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Limited Series Or Movie 
Howard Bargroff, Re-Recording Mixer John Mooney, Production Mixer Peter Gleaves, ADR Mixer Nick Wollage, Music Mixer 

Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Supporting Role 
Danny Hargreaves, SFX Supervisor Henry Brook, SFX Senior Technician Dewi Foulkes, SFX Technician JC Deguara, VFX Supervisor Natalie Reid, VFX Producer Sara Bennett, 2D Supervisor Matias Derkacz, 2D Lead Neil Alford, 2D Lead Amy Felce, Matchmove Supervisor 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 14, 2016 4:04 pm  #2

Re: Emmy nominations for TAB

OMG!

So very, very well deserved nominations!!! 

I'm proud! And my fingers are crossed! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 14, 2016 4:31 pm  #3

EXCELLENT!
Of course, I would've nominated Martin too but you can't have it all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 14, 2016 4:39 pm  #4

Yeah, I have to agree! But anyhow, this is awesome 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 14, 2016 6:05 pm  #5

oh yes of course Emmy noms. were today. Cool, to be honest I didn't expect it. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 14, 2016 6:33 pm  #6

here a list of everything that has been nominated, for everyone who is interested

http://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/68th-nominations-list-v2.pdf

there's an award for outstandig hairstyling! Why isn't Sherlock nominated for that!!!

EDIT: by the way, Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston are BCs opponents for that category! 'faints' If one of them wins I'll be happy!

Last edited by Ivy (July 14, 2016 6:36 pm)

----------

July 14, 2016 6:35 pm  #7

Yay for Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2016 6:36 pm  #8

Twist and defuse!! (well not in TAB... lol.) 

Thank you for the link! I'll have to see if there are any Danish influences, I'd love a chance to watch the show (if it's televised? I've never seen it before)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 14, 2016 6:49 pm  #9

tonnaree wrote:

EXCELLENT!
Of course, I would've nominated Martin too but you can't have it all.

I think there is no category for supporting actors. And I would say that while John is very important to the show, this episode more than any other is about Sherlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 14, 2016 6:54 pm  #10

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Twist and defuse!! (well not in TAB... lol.) 

Thank you for the link! I'll have to see if there are any Danish influences, I'd love a chance to watch the show (if it's televised? I've never seen it before)

Susanne Bier is nominated as best director for The Night Manager 

----------

July 14, 2016 6:56 pm  #11

Very good.
I thought I'd seen a headline about Andrew and Tom going head to head in something...?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2016 7:14 pm  #12

Thank you, I actually forgot she was the director! (I might have been much more focused on two male actors in that one...) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 14, 2016 7:19 pm  #13

Oh, that is awesome! Yeah, I miss a nomination for Martin as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 14, 2016 8:06 pm  #14

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Thank you, I actually forgot she was the director! (I might have been much more focused on two male actors in that one...) 

Well it's very hard not to be mainly focused on this two superb actors.

A nomination for the writing would be nice, too.

But honestly Ben, Tom and Idris in one category is mean!

----------

July 15, 2016 5:27 am  #15

Keeping my fingers crossed. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 15, 2016 7:30 am  #16

I'm not up to speed with Idris (who I think is fab).
Tom was great, but for me, not as great as Benedict.
Though actually, in his couple of scenes, as usual, I feel Andrew outshone them all.

July 15, 2016 8:21 am  #17

Ah yes, Andrew was worthy of a nomination too! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 15, 2016 12:03 pm  #18

I'm particularly delighted about the Cinematography nomination.  I thought it was awesome, and am chuffed to bits that it's being recognized.

During the Holmes/Moriarty confrontation at 221B I remember saying out loud on first viewing, "Poor Martin - good as he is, he's never going to get another Best Supporting Actor nomination while Andrew keeps knocking it out of the park the way he does."  I guess, however, that Andrew wasn't in the episode for long enough to deserve a BSA nomination.

July 15, 2016 12:43 pm  #19

It's a shame I know, because he steals the show every time he appears...maybe that's the real reason for writing Moriarty out of the show!

August 24, 2016 5:44 am  #20

besleybean wrote:

I'm not up to speed with Idris (who I think is fab).
Tom was great, but for me, not as great as Benedict.
Though actually, in his couple of scenes, as usual, I feel Andrew outshone them all.

I ADORE Idris Elba. 

Board footera