BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2016 2:45 pm  #1321

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I'm wondering if they are just using Canada as "cheap London". (if Cardiff was unavailable for some reason). However, could be that they are going there for a specific reason. We don't know.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 12, 2016 2:54 pm  #1322

Some clever guess at what this Canadian setting may mean and why could it be chosen:

http://welovethebeekeeper.tumblr.com/post/144243112538/one-of-the-best-rathbonebruce-films-cited

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2016 3:50 pm  #1323

Are they really going to Canada?
Doe the BBC budget cover that?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 12, 2016 4:50 pm  #1324

Well, to film Doctor Who they went to Rome and Dubai, so I'd say yes, they'd have the budget.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

May 12, 2016 4:52 pm  #1325

Wow...
Not really a Sherlock thing, is it?
Maybe their budget increases, with growing viewing figures!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 12, 2016 5:17 pm  #1326

I also think they have a bigger budget, I mean they have worldwide success, so they should put some money in it.
But I don't know what to think of it?! Sherlock has a case there?

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 12, 2016 5:18 pm  #1327

It would be nice to see a bit of Canada, certainly...a country I would really like to visit.

May 12, 2016 5:54 pm  #1328

Definitely, if I ever set a foot on American soil (north or south) it'll Canada. And they have a attractive Prime Minister (one of his favourite TV shows is Sherlock by the way  ) 

Do we have people from Canada here? We must have.

----------

May 12, 2016 5:55 pm  #1329

We do and yes, nice PM.
Oh I didn't know he was a Sherlock fan...smart man!

May 12, 2016 6:01 pm  #1330

Yitzock is Canadian. Not sure if she does spoilers, though. 

And everything I have seen and read about Justin Trudeau seems great. His politics, his humour, his humanity - and he is quite nice to look at, too. 

Last edited by SusiGo (May 12, 2016 6:02 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 12, 2016 6:32 pm  #1331

SusiGo wrote:

Yitzock is Canadian. Not sure if she does spoilers, though. 

And everything I have seen and read about Justin Trudeau seems great. His politics, his humour, his humanity - and he is quite nice to look at, too. 

He doesn't look like Hugh Grant but he does kinda make me think of Hugh's character in Love Actually. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 12, 2016 6:34 pm  #1332

I've not seen Love Actually, but I do think there's a bit of Hugh about Justin.

May 12, 2016 6:34 pm  #1333

Of course Yitzock, I knew there was at least one.
I recently read up on Justin (weird that there is a head of government named Justin) I heard about his election of course, but the state visit to the US and his new bromance with Barack Obama was all over tumblr, so I thought I should know about him. I don't know if it'll work out with him, he sometimes seems a bit naive, but he's kind of a newcomer and I like him because he's different from other politicans. He's very open and good with people and he has a very interesting vita. He'll take part in Toronto pride in July, that's pretty cool for a statesman.

He did an Q&A for Huffington Post Canada I think and they asked him about his favourite TV shows and one was Sherlock. Maybe he'll be in the next series if they really film there, wouldn't surprise me at all after everything I read about him.

----------

May 12, 2016 6:37 pm  #1334

tonnaree wrote:

He doesn't look like Hugh Grant but he does kinda make me think of Hugh's character in Love Actually. 

He totally would dancing too!  

----------

May 12, 2016 7:05 pm  #1335

I am not sure what exactly Amanda tweeted. Honestly, I absolutely LOVE her as Mary. She perfectly complements John.  Also, the fact that she looks like an average woman is so refreshing. Finally, a femme fatale that looks like the woman next door. The fandom can be very obsessive and overly sensitive. With that said, she made a mistake by using foul language and has been humbled by it. Albeit, perhaps, only momentarily. Sherlock without Mary simply seems wrong now. I don't care if her dying is "cannon." Heck, Molly sure as heck isn't and I adore her. 

Canada - something to do with going back to the last place Mary had an assignment as an assassin/spy before London? I would LOVE it if somehow Ms. Irene Adler happened to be there.... yassssss

May 12, 2016 7:08 pm  #1336

Personally, I never want to see Irene again.
But I wondered if Mary hailed from Canada.

May 12, 2016 7:17 pm  #1337

Oh, good point.  We don't know yet where Mary came from, but assume she isn't British, so maybe Canadian?  I think Irene Adler is done and dusted (although could pop up in mind palaces.   As could Canada, I suppose). 

May 12, 2016 7:18 pm  #1338

besleybean wrote:

Personally, I never want to see Irene again.
But I wondered if Mary hailed from Canada.

oh yeah that makes sense. Sherlock said in HLV he don't think she's English. The question would be is she from the USA and they just film in Canada like they did with some US TV shows or is she Canadian. So could be for flashbacks.

----------

May 12, 2016 7:18 pm  #1339

As long as Irene doesn't 'pop up' any where near Sherlock...I'm happy! 

To be honest, I hope Mary's departure wouldn't signal Irene's return...

Last edited by besleybean (May 12, 2016 7:20 pm)

May 12, 2016 9:18 pm  #1340

She could be Canadian... interesting theory!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera