BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2016 11:04 am  #1001

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I have somehow missed the hysteria!

If they're all baby Watson, it could just be the baby getting older over time (perhaps in flashbacks and so on).   

Nice point about the backs of heads too.   It will be interesting to see if that means something.  (It also made me think of the picture of Rachel Talalay in Sherlock's chair - I wonder if there's going to be some sort of mistaken identity/disguise thing going on at some point). 

I think John and Mary's hairstyles only a little bit similar to the ones in TAB   Mary has kept the curls but not the updo, John's looks quite different and younger in style.  They're also not terribly similar to the modern day mind palace scenes in TAB.  The different colour of John's hair is quite striking, and I'm curious about that. 

I'm also interested in ghosts and consequences, but I don't think we're being given enough information to know where that's going at the moment!

May 1, 2016 12:34 pm  #1002

I an wondering if the "ghost from the past" could be Redbeard? In whatever form? Or the third brother, if there are one? So, more backstory on Mycroft and Sherlock. I would love that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 1, 2016 1:49 pm  #1003

Side Note:  I think we've avoided hysteria here in our little corner of the internet.  I think the "hysteria" comments are about the fandom at large.  And if you spend any time on tumblr, there is absolutely some hysteria out there!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 1, 2016 2:06 pm  #1004

Yeah, I think you're right tonnaree. Tumblr is a different climate than what we have here in our nice little community, in some ways.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 1, 2016 2:06 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 1, 2016 2:45 pm  #1005

Liberty wrote:

If they're all baby Watson, it could just be the baby getting older over time (perhaps in flashbacks and so on).   

That's what bothers me. Flashbacks of a four-year-old baby which isn't even born until now? Hm.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 1, 2016 3:11 pm  #1006

If done properly, flashbacks can work effectively.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 1, 2016 3:25 pm  #1007

It could be a flashback, or it could be the opposite - babies grow, so maybe that's what will be seen instead of a flashback. And if they want that to happen in a short span of time in the episode they need babies of different ages.

Clueing for looks.

May 1, 2016 3:39 pm  #1008

Yes, and alternatively, it might not all be baby Watson (flashbacks to baby Sherlock, etc. - who knows?). 

I have been wondering what will happen with the timeline too, as at the moment we're stuck in, what, very early 2015 (end of S3 and TAB) with the baby due fairly soon? If the series doesn't air until early 2017, that leaves plenty of scope for a toddler child, without jumping into the future.                                                                       

May 1, 2016 5:59 pm  #1009

I'd bet my money on several little non-Watson children playing a role in this episode. They keep showing them to us just to confuse us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 1, 2016 5:59 pm  #1010

besleybean wrote:

Well I predict at least a broken John and I for one will be there for him.

A broken John, and possibly a critically injured John, depending on how things develop.

May 1, 2016 5:59 pm  #1011

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 1, 2016 6:07 pm  #1012

Vhanja wrote:

I an wondering if the "ghost from the past" could be Redbeard? In whatever form? Or the third brother, if there are one? So, more backstory on Mycroft and Sherlock. I would love that.

I would love to see some backstory on John, too!  For one thing, what brought on his trust issues?  [Hint, hint, Moffat and Gatiss!]

As of now, we know about Sherlock's parents, but we still know absolutely nothing about John's!  I think it's time the show let us in on that info.  Of course, John's parents can't show up as Sherlock's did, since they're most likely dead, but some flashback sequences and some discussion among the characters about his growing-up years would fill us in.

Last edited by kgreen20 (May 1, 2016 6:13 pm)

May 1, 2016 6:10 pm  #1013

That could be a PTSD thing tho...
newly back from war, needing counselling.
If you've seen trusted comrades shot in front of you, it may give trust issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 1, 2016 6:13 pm  #1014

Assuming that he didn't already have trust issues when he was first deployed, yes, I can see that.  But if he had trust issues before that, then something other than war brought them on.  I should like to see the show delve into that, and give us at least some of John's back history as it has Sherlock's.

May 1, 2016 9:58 pm  #1015

Mattlocked wrote:

One of the points that made me think twice are the babieS.
"It’s not baby Watson, it’s some other baby. Or babies. As Amanda said on twitter, there are many babies, which could be literally true because it takes more than one baby to film one."

I saw some babies in the Setlock pics, but they were all of different ages. So it was not only filming one baby by casting more than one, which is quite usual, indeed, but also younger and older babies.
I wonder what that was all about...

I think that pink-dressed baby is supposed to be Mary´s and John´s daughter, not some other child. Mary lacks the belly she had in HLV, so she gave birth in between. And as it was stated at the beginning of the meta, parents just won´t abandon their newborn for a longer time just like that, so baby strapped to John is probably his. Why would some other parents abandon their baby, so that a weird guy can carry it to crime-scenes? I think it´s obvious, we have Baby Watson on these pics.

As for Molly and Sherlock baby scene, the baby is maybe not identical with Baby Watson. Possibly it´s a baby of Molly´s friends and Sherlock uses it for learning how to be a good uncle? That could also be the role of those other children? Anything is possible...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 1, 2016 10:03 pm  #1016

nakahara wrote:

I think that pink-dressed baby is supposed to be Mary´s and John´s daughter, not some other child. Mary lacks the belly she had in HLV, so she gave birth in between. And as it was stated at the beginning of the meta, parents just won´t abandon their newborn for a longer time just like that, so baby strapped to John is probably his. Why would some other parents abandon their baby, so that a weird guy can carry it to crime-scenes? I think it´s obvious, we have Baby Watson on these pics.

Yes, I never doubted that..... 

It's just several girls of several ages. I assume that Mary and the baby have to leave quite soon, so I was wondering about those "old" childs we've seen on the pics.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 1, 2016 10:04 pm  #1017

Hmmm....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 1, 2016 10:06 pm  #1018

Interesting last post!
But on the older children...could it be John imagining what would have been, if he hadn't lost her?

May 1, 2016 10:07 pm  #1019

Mattlocked wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Yes, I never doubted that.....

Sorry, that thing above was my response on that meta-quote you cited, not to your question as such. 

May 1, 2016 10:11 pm  #1020

I am just curious what it all turns out to be in the end... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera