BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2016 6:36 pm  #4641

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

Oh I see.
Sorry, I completely misunderstood you.
Thought it was odd..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2016 6:48 pm  #4642

No worries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 12, 2016 6:50 pm  #4643

Likewise, always happy to both admit to and apologise for anything I believe I have done wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2016 9:53 pm  #4644

This kind of has has something for everyone.
I just wanted to post it somewhere because I like it

The four types of love in Sherlock
http://asherlockstudy.tumblr.com/post/137354493241/johnandsherlocks-there-are-four-types-of

Last edited by ukaunz (January 15, 2016 9:56 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 15, 2016 10:14 pm  #4645

ukaunz wrote:

This kind of has has something for everyone.
I just wanted to post it somewhere because I like it

The four types of love in Sherlock
http://asherlockstudy.tumblr.com/post/137354493241/johnandsherlocks-there-are-four-types-of

I cast my vote for All of the Above!    

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 15, 2016 10:19 pm  #4646

It's very hard to post against love.
There is a undoubtedly a lot of love in BBC Sherlock.
There is most certainly love between Sherlock and John.
But I am more convinced than ever, that we are never going to see anything more than a loving friendship between these two.
I watched the dvd extras and took notes. A few things stood out to me.
In this context, for me Steven was quite clear that they would never go anywhere ACD wouldn't.
And having read an a ACD biog, it's quite clear that ACD felt sorry for homosexuals, thinking they were ill.

January 15, 2016 10:20 pm  #4647

Oh yes, All of the above, most definitely !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

January 15, 2016 10:23 pm  #4648

besleybean wrote:

In this context, for me Steven was quite clear that they would never go anywhere ACD wouldn't.
And having read an a ACD biog, it's quite clear that ACD felt sorry for homosexuals, thinking they were ill.

“You may marry him, or murder or do what you like with him.“ (ACD)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2016 10:31 pm  #4649

But they don't want to do it.

January 15, 2016 10:32 pm  #4650

How would we know? We do not have any insight into their cunning little heads. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2016 10:41 pm  #4651

So besley, you agree with philia, storge and agape, but not erotas in Sherlock, and that's okay. I did say there was something for everyone, it wasn't really meant to be an argument in the debate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 15, 2016 10:43 pm  #4652

Oh no argument, dear.
Storge is a new one on me...
Anyhow. I maintain Sherlock and John are in a loving friendship.

January 15, 2016 10:44 pm  #4653

In fact, I think it's possible that's what Moftiss are aiming for with this show: something for everyone, and no confirmation of any one view on the matter. I wouldn't be surprised.

January 15, 2016 11:04 pm  #4654

The word is eros, if you follow Platon.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 15, 2016 11:05 pm  #4655

Well they said right at the beginning: they didn't mind people seeing the boys that way, but they hadn't written them that way.

Last edited by besleybean (January 15, 2016 11:06 pm)

January 15, 2016 11:29 pm  #4656

If the writers did not want us to specifically question this relationship sexually then why in the first episode did so many people that know Sherlock well suggest he was gay and why did they have John write he thought Sherlock might be gay on his first blog post after meeting Sherlock.
The writers themselves set up tjlc from the very Pink beginning.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

January 15, 2016 11:32 pm  #4657

Indeed. It has been noticed by people from all over the world and series 3 showed an enormous increase in support for this reading of the show. 

January 15, 2016 11:39 pm  #4658

Harriet wrote:

The word is eros, if you follow Platon.

I'd never heard of erotas (only eros) but just took the word of the reblogger who said they were Greek. so now I've checked, and this is what Wikipedia says:

Éros (ἔρως érōs) means "love, mostly of the sexual passion."[5] The Modern Greek word "erotas" means "intimate love."

The modern Greek word sounds more specific to me

January 15, 2016 11:41 pm  #4659

I see. But it's a classic greek concept, as described by Plato, and also the correct philosophic term for it   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 16, 2016 12:01 am  #4660

True. It's a shame that the person who made the gif set got it wrong, but I still like the design.

Board footera