BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2015 3:25 pm  #2241

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

It seems like a new version of their first meeting as well... 

I have my theories... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 4:41 pm  #2242

tonnaree wrote:

I GOT MY TICKETS
I GOT MY TICKETS
I GOT MY TICKETS

*thud*

Congrats, dear!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 6, 2015 4:47 pm  #2243

That new trailer?
I'm deaded.

A different version of their first meeting is what comes to mind as well.
"You'll do" sounds like the sort of thing Holmes would say to validate Watson as his flatmate, doesn't it?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 6, 2015 5:10 pm  #2244

That was my deduction! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 5:46 pm  #2245

Huzzah!  Finally got through - bought tickets for January 5.

November 6, 2015 5:48 pm  #2246

Congrats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 6:35 pm  #2247

*dances with*   I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!!!! 

Yay…  it came an hour away!  And… eep… just had the most amusing realization.  It's one thing to share the love of something online, or to have a couple scattered friends, but getting to go to something like this (having not been to a con like some of you lucky)…...    the whole room will be filled with people excited to see this!  And wearing our shirts and stuff!  And seeing it all BIG!   Eeeeee!   

*starts a countdown til seeing this handsome face as life-size as is possible….*      

Last edited by Russell (November 6, 2015 6:40 pm)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 6, 2015 6:45 pm  #2248

Russell wrote:

*dances with* I got mine! I got mine! I got mine! I got mine! I got mine! I got mine!!!!

Yay… it came an hour away! And… eep… just had the most amusing realization. It's one thing to share the love of something online, or to have a couple scattered friends, but getting to go to something like this (having not been to a con like some of you lucky)…... the whole room will be filled with people excited to see this! And wearing our shirts and stuff! And seeing it all BIG! Eeeeee!

*starts a countdown til seeing this handsome face as life-size as is possible….*

It will be so awesome Russell!!

PS.  Ohio is not that far away!  Come to 221b Con next year.

Last edited by tonnaree (November 6, 2015 6:46 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 6, 2015 7:07 pm  #2249

I'm so happy for all of you who get to go! Enjoy it!

I'll try to keep my hope alive... but hey, at least by the help of some kind ladies here at least I know I can watch it on BBC, and I ordered the DVD months ago! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 7:58 pm  #2250

Lilythiell wrote:

That new trailer?
I'm deaded.

A different version of their first meeting is what comes to mind as well.
"You'll do" sounds like the sort of thing Holmes would say to validate Watson as his flatmate, doesn't it?

Completly ! But John is already married..

Jim Moriarty. Helloooo ! ~~

November 6, 2015 8:02 pm  #2251

How do we know he is married at this point of the story? No moustache so this might be the beginning of the story, before Mary. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 6, 2015 8:08 pm  #2252

So the mustache is the sign of marriage ? Haha
Maybe the story is told to someone : like John or Sherlock tells his stroy, a bit like an adventure: their meeting, then a special case : the abominable bride ..

Last edited by Solenn (November 6, 2015 8:12 pm)

November 6, 2015 8:13 pm  #2253

Russell wrote:

*dances with*   I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!  I got mine!!!! 

Yay…  it came an hour away!  And… eep… just had the most amusing realization.  It's one thing to share the love of something online, or to have a couple scattered friends, but getting to go to something like this (having not been to a con like some of you lucky)…...    the whole room will be filled with people excited to see this!  And wearing our shirts and stuff!  And seeing it all BIG!   Eeeeee!   

Russell, that's fantastic! Congrats!
(and yes, seeing something of your Fandom with that many people around, sharing the same enthusiasm about it does change the feeling...I found it...not better, per se, but at the very least different when I went to see Doctor Who's 50th anniversary episode -tell you what, even if you're 2,000 people in the same room, seated on not-so-comfortable chairs, you don't care because you're just...yeah, it's going to sound cliché, but...you're just one. I found that everything was amplified. I expect something of the same magnitude (no! Bigger! Sherlock's my number one fandom, now) for STAB.

Oh dear. I've worked myself up a bit here...

Yeah, well. It's Sherlock we're talking about, it can't be helped -might do some colouring to settle down.

November 6, 2015 8:17 pm  #2254

That has been my theory for a while... Maybe a bedtime story... Maybe John or Sherlock having to tell some kid about their fantastical adventures and how they met... maybe to Archie? Maybe they are babysitting him? And John has to step in before it gets all maggots and headless nuns? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 8:21 pm  #2255

Furthermore, doesn't Mary says " What a life those gentlemen had " ?

November 6, 2015 8:24 pm  #2256

No, it's Mrs Hudson who says the sentence you're referring to. "What a life those gentlemen lead" cue Mary's jealousy at them having fun xD

November 6, 2015 8:24 pm  #2257

Wouldn't it be fun if it was Sherlock telling the story, and the very first teaser is a stab (pun intended) at John's blog? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 8:31 pm  #2258

which trailer ?
And to whom could he be telling the story ? This idea is so interessing, it's so domestic my gosh

November 6, 2015 8:40 pm  #2259

I doubt it's right though. Cue me screaming in shock if it's even remotely close! 

I was speaking of the very first teaser we got, this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEVgqykJjrg 

In my head I can see it clipping back to the boys arguing about the story "No, I do not sound like... oh never mind!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 6, 2015 8:55 pm  #2260

Haha yeah , in my head they even grow hold together   Imagination is a dangerous field
Well anyway , I can't believe we will have the answer in less than 2 months. So soon yet so far !

Board footera