BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 27, 2015 1:47 pm  #21

Re: BAFTA 2015 (for Television)

I think they didn't won till now any award for cinematography. Which is very sad, as i think Sherlock is very well made for a TV show and would hold with a lot of movies made for cinema (i cannot come with one better in esthetic at the moment in TV, anyone?). 

Congrats for the team! Sherlock woudn't be such a great show without this great technic team (as comparation between pilot and normal series shows, for a great show not only the actors are important but everyone!)

April 27, 2015 1:54 pm  #22

They won two Emmys for cinematography (2012, 2014) and two OFTA Television Awards (for ASIB and HLV).

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 27, 2015 3:06 pm  #23

And that makes very strage that they didn't get any BAFTA for it.

April 27, 2015 3:09 pm  #24

Well, Benedict so far did not get a single BAFTA either (in spite of five nominations). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 27, 2015 3:10 pm  #25

I have a feeling that this year will break the ice. It was a too massive year for him to not end with a highlight! (i mean end, as in season awards ending).

April 27, 2015 3:19 pm  #26

Yes, this is true. Keeping fingers crossed. 

April 27, 2015 5:27 pm  #27

He's up against very tough competition though, as both Toby Jones and Jason Watkins were absolutely fantastic in their roles and very highly praised for their performances; I've a strong hunch it will be one of them who wins (but I'm always wrong!)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 27, 2015 5:43 pm  #28

Possible. But I think the academy would make fools of themselves if they nominated him three times for the same part without finding him worthy to win it even once. 

April 30, 2015 9:12 am  #29

Well, I'm going to be at the BAFTAs this year because my mum is a member and she managed to get us both tickets to the event. It's very exciting! We get to go to the champagne reception beforehand, then to the awards, then to a dinner, then to the after party.

Maybe my presence will bring Benedict luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 30, 2015 9:26 am  #30

Wow, this amazing! Wishing you so much fun. So you are going to meet Benedict provided he is not at the hospital? 

April 30, 2015 9:40 am  #31

How lucky!! Have an awesome time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 30, 2015 9:42 am  #32

Sounds lovely! I hope all will work out fine!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 30, 2015 8:39 pm  #33

I'll try not to get him too drunk!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 1, 2015 1:25 am  #34

So Lucky you are. ( and so there's a chance we can see you on telly if the cameramen taket a wide shoot of the audience !)

May 1, 2015 10:58 am  #35

This is great, boss, have fun and tell us all! 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 8, 2015 4:14 am  #36

Bafta TV awards 2015: who should win best actor?
This article makes me feel a little sad for some reason I will cross my fingers and toes for Benedict. I haven't seen any of the other shows mentioned in the article, so I don't know what the performances were like. Can anyone else comment?

Last edited by ukaunz (May 8, 2015 4:16 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 9, 2015 12:13 am  #37

I'm sure it will be like Emmy all over: he was not the favorite there and also not present.  

May 9, 2015 1:48 am  #38

Well, it was confirmed today by BAFTA twitter that Ben will not be attending the ceremonies but he is apparently the odds on favourite to win a trophy according to this betting site - http://www.bettingpro.com/category/entertainment/tv-bafta-odds-2015040800151/

I can't watch the BAFTA Awards (we don't get it on our TV) but I will keep an eye on the results on the internet because I hope the bookies are correct.  I know he doesn't do things to get awards but I have a feeling he will be pleased if he wins for Sherlock finally.  And since I personally thought Season 3 was the best set yet, it only seems fitting that Ben should win a gong for such sterling work.

But if they don't choose him doesn't matter to me - he is number one, top of the list, best thing on TV in my books... no doubt about it!

-Val

Last edited by Ah-chie (May 9, 2015 1:48 am)

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

May 9, 2015 10:09 am  #39

Yesterday I saw the attendee list on the bafta.org and he wasn't on it, but I'll watch it anyway. I like Graham Norton and there are other categories that interest me.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 9, 2015 11:00 am  #40

Ivy, where will you watch it?

Board footera