BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2015 4:52 am  #1

Jupiter Awards 20015

Here is a link to a video showing BC accepting the Jupiter Award -

Unfortunately it doesn't specify just what the award was for??? Anyone know what he was up for (Sherlock?  The Imitation Game? - he mentions both in the video). 

I know the Jupiter Awards originate from Germany and involve both Television and Film but (and I apologise for this) I don't know much else about them.  Please help and fill in the important information if you are able to. 

Much appreciated.  Anyway, it is a lovely little acceptance speech by Ben and he looks great!  And... wherever he is filming this as well - that's one beautiful fireplace!!!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 26, 2015 9:35 am  #2

Re: Jupiter Awards 20015

He won it for Sherlock. YAY!

I love how he spins the award in his hands. He really can´t help it, can he?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 26, 2015 11:28 am  #3

Awww. He's so good at acceptance speeches, and so humble and adorable. Another well-deserved award 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 26, 2015 11:48 am  #4

Just to let you know a bit more about this award: It is indeed an award for achievement in film and television and is awarded by several German film and tv magazines collectively.
It is an audience award though, the audience votes for their favourite actors and films and tv shows.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 26, 2015 12:03 pm  #5

Congratulations Ben!

Loved the speech, he really is good with those 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 26, 2015 12:36 pm  #6

He was only wrong about one thing - TIG has been released in Germany two months ago. 

The award was for "Sherlock" as best international TV series. 

And, wow, he looks gorgeous in that one. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2015 3:26 pm  #7

Thanks for explaining, Susi and Solar!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera