BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2014 1:44 pm  #1

Servus!

Hallo to everyone!
My name is Susi from Germany. I found this forum a few days ago, searching some new Benedict-pics and since that, I´m reading and loughing and reading and.....loving it so much. So I decided to join you.
I fear my english is terrible rustet since schooldays long long time ago, I hope it will get better in future.

Looking forward to a great time here.

Bitte nicht so drängeln, wir sind hier bei der Arbeit und nicht auf der Flucht!
Please don´t push, we are at work and not on the run.

November 2, 2014 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Servus!

Hello there, Susi!

Great you've found your way here. I'm sure you'll not regret joining us, it's a nice place to be.

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

November 2, 2014 6:39 pm  #3

Herzlich Willkommen, Susi! Quite a few German speaking people round here I've been told... 

Enjoy!

- Brainy’s the new sexy - 

November 2, 2014 6:51 pm  #4

Hello to you from another German fan. 

November 2, 2014 7:39 pm  #5

Thanks a lot. 
At the point I saw there were some german people on, I took all my courage and joined.
Because I was never good in languages, gave up all of them at 11th class in school, beeing more a mathematician,  it´s realy hard for me to write my ideas in english.

November 2, 2014 7:48 pm  #6

Welcome, Susi from Susi. Have fun! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 2, 2014 8:26 pm  #7

Hello and Herzlich willkommen;)

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

November 4, 2014 4:38 pm  #8

Welcome to 221B!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

November 4, 2014 6:56 pm  #9

Herzlich Willkommen.

Never mind your English. The native speakers around are very generous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

November 5, 2014 4:32 pm  #10

Welcome, dear, and enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 5, 2014 6:46 pm  #11

Welcome aboard
I hope you will enjoy here! your English is good enough for me, non-speaker, as I understand you ^^

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

November 7, 2014 1:35 pm  #12

Hi and welcome, Neferu! Here is another German fan. I have the same concern about my English skills. But since I write, read and listen more English things I must confess it's getting a bit better every time. Every now and again I stumble upon English words I've never heard before - but my memory is too bad. I wish I could just read or hear one vocabulary and instantly could keep it in mind - but my long-time memory is really bad. I'm a slow learner. I can look up a word 10 times in a dictionary and everytime I stumble upon it again I've always forgotten the meaning - it's annoying. But I work on that and I notice that it's getting better - slowly.

November 7, 2014 2:33 pm  #13

I could be me whom you describe. I´m the same hopeless bad learner of language, but yes I can see a little progress from time to time. So perhaps I´m not a hopeless case at all.

November 15, 2014 1:13 am  #14

Hello & welcome.

I am Leanne.
Single mum of 2.
We live in UK.

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

Board footera