BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2014 9:34 pm  #41

Re: The deleted scene (special edition)

By the way, so even if that single red rose is from Irene: Why? And how?
So she does keep an eye on Sherlock? We know from TSoT that Sherlock is at least thinking about her from time to time, so are we to assume that this goes both ways? Could this mean that she might make another appearance? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 1, 2014 9:35 pm  #42

Besley: But we may speculate in the light of the deleted scene, can't we? 

Last edited by SusiGo (November 1, 2014 9:35 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 1, 2014 9:37 pm  #43

besleybean wrote:

Guys, can we all please acknowledge the restaurant scene happened..otherwise how the heck does the helicopter come to the cottage?!

Mum was drugged by the punch and called CAM before she fainted?

No idea.....

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 1, 2014 9:38 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 1, 2014 9:38 pm  #44

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 1, 2014 9:38 pm  #45

besleybean wrote:

Guys, can we all please acknowledge the restaurant scene happened..otherwise how the heck does the helicopter come to the cottage?!

No, I won't acknowledge it. Months went by between Sherlock being at the hospital and Christmas, there was a lot of time for Sherlock to meet with CAM and arrange that meeting at Appledore, including being picked up by the helicopter.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

November 1, 2014 9:46 pm  #46

SolarSystem wrote:

By the way, so even if that single red rose is from Irene: Why? And how?
So she does keep an eye on Sherlock? We know from TSoT that Sherlock is at least thinking about her from time to time, so are we to assume that this goes both ways? Could this mean that she might make another appearance? 

I would have thought it would be safer for her to sever all ties, but presumably she has been keeping tabs on him (she must have at least one contact in London reporting to her).  Sentiment, I suppose .  I'm sure she would think about him.  She was quite besotted in ASIB, besotted enough to risk her life with a stupid password. 

I think I'd rather she didn't make another appearance (I'd like to leave things as they were at the end of ASIB), but maybe if she returns she could rescue Sherlock and repay him for Karachi? 

November 1, 2014 9:49 pm  #47

What a brilliantly creepy scene.
Totally about power. CaM has all the information on the flowers and on Mary and thus he has all the control and can do what he likes..and what he likes is pawing licking and flicking people who are in his power.
Makes me wonder what Mary @ Janine @ others had to put up with..and how far he took things with people over time.

The restaurant scene reference to hospital canteen was , I thought , a joke on the notoriously bad hospital food. Sherlock used it as an excuse to escape to a near by restaurant and sneakily meet CaM.

Perfect excuse for escaping a hospital...done it myself.

The rose could be Irene or could be upside down Moriarty
No real proof either way?

Last edited by lil (November 1, 2014 9:52 pm)

November 1, 2014 9:54 pm  #48

But dressed like that? And carrying around the infusion? Hm.

November 1, 2014 9:55 pm  #49

With your saline drip and in your hospital gown?

Mattlocked...! We cross-posted!

Last edited by SolarSystem (November 1, 2014 9:55 pm)

November 1, 2014 9:56 pm  #50

Way before this deleted scene came out someone was saying the rose was from Irene... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 1, 2014 9:57 pm  #51

Haven't you noticed cafes @ fast food places surround hospitals @ often haves nurses Drs @ pj clad people in ?

November 1, 2014 10:01 pm  #52

Half-naked patients? No, I haven't noticed.

November 1, 2014 10:06 pm  #53

Can't say I've noticed that either... not even in the actual hospital canteen at work...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 1, 2014 10:07 pm  #54

Oh for goodness sake...
Sherlock is supposed to be half dopey at this time.
Ok...I know his neodeath scene isn't real...his subcosncious prompts him to dream Moriraty taunting him about John being in danger and this 'wakes' him...
Ok, I get it... CAM does visit Sherlock in  hospital,he offers the trade to Sherlock and half dopey Sherlock 'dreams' it as the restaurant scene.
So it's all fine...Sherlock and his drip go straight to the Empty House.

Last edited by besleybean (November 1, 2014 10:10 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 1, 2014 10:09 pm  #55

Well, the scene really gave me goosebumps, in a bad way. It's so intimate and the power vs. helplessness... it's interesting what it makes you feel. For me, I feel like kicking Magnusson quite violently from the hospital room.
The fireplace scene never felt like Magnusson had real power over Sherlock. Yes, he confused him for a moment, but Sherlock didn't really care if he pissed into his fireplace or not (only John did). In this scene I can actually feel that Sherlock is affected, at least I read it like that. I wonder if maybe the fireplace scene was even maybe aimed at John, who is more attached to a place that's home, and who is a bit more queen and country...
I liked the deleted scene, but I'm glad it's not in the final version actually. I liked the other Sherlock-Magnusson scenes (also the restaurant one) better. I thought the restaurant scene was the answer to the fireplace scene. Choosing places.

"It is what it is."

November 1, 2014 10:11 pm  #56

Hooray.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 1, 2014 10:14 pm  #57

I didn't think it was that far-fetched for Sherlock to leave the hospital for a meal.  Just the sort of thing he would do.  I just watched it again, and I think it really is just as it seems - he has popped out of the hospital to a restaurant.  The drip's portable (you can usually walk whilst pushing them along).

I think maybe that the intimacy between them is more creepy if the deleted scene had been left in.  "I've been thinking about you". 

Last edited by Liberty (November 1, 2014 10:18 pm)

November 1, 2014 10:15 pm  #58

besleybean wrote:

Oh for goodness sake...
Sherlock is supposed to be half dopey at this time.
Ok...I know his neodeath scene isn't real...his subcosncious prompts him to dream Moriraty taunting him about John being in danger and this 'wakes' him...
Ok, I get it... CAM does visit Sherlock in  hospital,he offers the trade to Sherlock and half dopey Sherlock 'dreams' it as the restaurant scene.
So it's all fine...Sherlock and his drip go straight to the Empty House.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............. I'm not sure I really understand......................
I guess you are ironic here?
Talking like all of us are idiots? How come?

November 1, 2014 10:15 pm  #59

Go look at the restaurant scene again everyone. Sherlock's Belstaff is hanging on the back of his chair. There's even a Setlock clip on YouTube showing someone walking into the restaurant with the IV drip and the Belstaff.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 1, 2014 10:17 pm  #60

Though to be fair, that could still be for a fantasy scene!

Board footera