BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2014 7:14 am  #1

The Sherlockology trailer

Sherlockology have been doing their own trailers for all episodes (except HLV which is probably still to come). Now have a look at this: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7cKIjNIPoY&list=PLNMSf4IROId9lOHkMTLur-tbWM5ox9Jsu&index=7&spfreload=10

Interesting choices - much darkness, no comedy, almost no sign of Mary, lots of Reichenbach footage instead. Everything centres on loss and the relationship between Sherlock and John. The same goes for the TSoT trailer, btw. in which the mood is more funeral party than wedding. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 23, 2014 7:17 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2014 7:48 am  #2

Re: The Sherlockology trailer

Yeah, that's really interesting. Especially that the  TSoT also seems so sad. Wonder how a HLV will be then.
And I wonder how official Sherlockology is ... they also use the BBC intro and at the end ... it all seems very ... approved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 23, 2014 8:16 am  #3

From their website:

What is Sherlockology?
Sherlockology is the ultimate resource for the television drama series Sherlock, the cast and crew behind it, and everything in between.

Launched in May 2011, Sherlockology has grown to become the definitive guide to Sherlock, including a large social media presence, providing up to the minute news on the series and current events surrounding the cast and crew.

Although an independent website, neither run nor funded by the BBC, much of the content information on areas such as props, wardrobe and locations, have been supplied directly by the creators of the series, to ensure every detail is as accurate as possible.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2014 8:21 am  #4

However, they have really good relations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

October 23, 2014 8:33 am  #5

Yes. And their information is usually very matter-of-fact, no room for interpretation. Therefore the trailers took me by surprise because they show a very distinct look on series 3. 

October 23, 2014 8:42 am  #6

Yes, they does. It mostly shows the dark and sad site. And the creators certainly wanted the impression of TSoT  to be ... brighter.

(Tony Hadley)

October 23, 2014 11:31 am  #7

And it's actually not just a trailer. They take us back, both visually and emotionally, to TRF und make a strong connection to TEH. And of course there is a strong connection, but the way they play it, it feels more like a fan video. Which is totally fine, I just wouldn't have expected something like this to come from Sherlockology.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 23, 2014 11:36 am  #8

SolarSystem wrote:

They take us back, both visually and emotionally, to TRF und make a strong connection to TEH. And of course there is a strong connection, but the way they play it, it feels more like a fan video. Which is totally fine, I just wouldn't have expected something like this to come from Sherlockology.

Exactly!

(Tony Hadley)

October 23, 2014 11:47 am  #9

Yes, I agree. I suppose they just call it trailer so make it sound more official. But it is a fan video and while I have not seen all of the others, I think the style and message of the last two is very different from the older ones.
It looks as if the whole story completely centres on the two main characters and as if the focus is not on the cases anymore but on a more personal level. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 23, 2014 11:51 am)

October 23, 2014 12:09 pm  #10

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, I agree. I suppose they just call it trailer so make it sound more official. But it is a fan video and while I have not seen all of the others, I think the style and message of the last two is very different from the older ones.
It looks as if the whole story completely centres on the two main characters and as if the focus is not on the cases anymore but on a more personal level. 

Have the guiding forces of Sherlockology hopped aboard a certain ship?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 23, 2014 12:10 pm  #11

Ahem, well, I had the same thought. 

October 23, 2014 12:20 pm  #12

This ship will bring you to the promised land, how can you resist?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 23, 2014 12:50 pm  #13

Resistance is futile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera