BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 2, 2014 5:05 pm  #41

Re: What else could happen to Sherlock?

Good for Sherlock and John too, now that I consider it ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 2, 2014 5:09 pm  #42

Press on!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 3, 2014 5:05 pm  #43

Wow, I really like the idea of human pressing machine from "The Engineers Thumb" making an appearance in Sherlock! It was one of my guesses in the "dark twists" thread because I thought at the time that a stuff like this will be irresistible for horror-lover like Mark Gatiss - and that he will definitely bring it into the story eventually. Now it looks very promising - cool!

As to where we could find human pressing machines in London... well, I guess it will be something similar like the thing in the canon - the ordinary looking room without furniture which will be later revealed to be a hydraulic press in disguise.

And yes, John and Sherlock could definitely be pressed by it until they are forced to be glued to each other from head to toe, I subscribe to that!  

I just hope none of our heroes will loose a thumb or some other limb in this adventure - I like them whole and fit, thank you!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera