BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2014 8:24 am  #101

Re: Emmy nominations for HLV

LOL, gently - how true! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 26, 2014 8:30 am  #102

For german speaking fans: Someone fixed http://www.tagesschau.de/emmy-103.html in a comment.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 26, 2014 8:43 am  #103

A lovely light wrote:

OMG

OMG

OMG!

I saw the win for Benedict coming after the win at the creative Emmy, but for Martin! I am soooo happy right now!

I actually thought neither of them would win, so it´s a big and very pleasant surprise that they indeed both won. it´s immensely well deserved and I´m really happy for both of them right now. And I´m really, really glad that Steven Moffat won an Emmy as well, without him the series wouldn´t exist, it´s wonderful to see that his (and in a way Mark´s) extraordinary talent is finally appreciated all over the world.

August 26, 2014 9:05 am  #104

I've just woken up and read this fantastic news. I was a little bit suprised because I thought that the biggest winner will be Fargo and it's cast. But now I'm absolutely delighted not only because I love Ben and Martin but also because HLV is my favourite episode of all. So well done Sherlock team, you've made me (and all fans) happy again

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 26, 2014 9:17 am  #105

I can´t believe there are already comments even from Sherlock fans on how BC´s and MF´s wins weren´t deserved at all and they only won because the TV academy didn´t want Mark Ruffalo and Matt Bomer to win for a movie about gay people!

August 26, 2014 9:25 am  #106

Now that's absurd.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 26, 2014 9:37 am  #107

SolarSystem wrote:

It's interesting though, they mention Martin first. Usually you first mention the lead actor... but I guess that's because in Germany he's probably known as Martin "The Hobbit" Freeman. 

Perhaps they typed in the order of the awards giving and if i am not mistaken, the supporting award was before the lead? I would really not read too much in it, Der Spiegel has loads of praise for Benedict till now.

August 26, 2014 9:45 am  #108

Do you know what makes me really really happy? That Emmy got it right and gave at the same time the awards for Benedict and Martin - IMO Sherlock woudn't have the success it got when one of them woudn't have been in the team. It is so sad for me when in a series only one of a great chemistry couple gets the award and the recognition. It felt so awkward the Baftas in 2011 when everybody and their dog got an award for Sherlock and only Benedict didn't. Or for the King Speach where Oldman got empty handed. 

The writting for Moffat is naturally a big big bonus in my hapiness. 

August 26, 2014 12:06 pm  #109

Germansherlockfan wrote:

I can´t believe there are already comments even from Sherlock fans on how BC´s and MF´s wins weren´t deserved at all and they only won because the TV academy didn´t want Mark Ruffalo and Matt Bomer to win for a movie about gay people!

Oh, jesus.  That's ridiculous, considering how well "Modern Family" has done despite not really deserving it.  The academy LOVES movies like "The Normal Heart"...gay people being ostracized, people dying of AIDS- it's like crack to awards' voters XD  Look at "Philadelphia", "Milk" or "The Dallas Buyers' Club".  They eat that shit up.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 26, 2014 2:11 pm  #110

I'm so happy! This is AMAZING news! Ever since I first saw the mind palace scene I kept saying Benedict deserved an award for it!! 

I almost punched my TV... I was watching the news and they literally said "The ultimate winner was Breaking Bad blah blah blah Fargo also did well..."

Excuse me???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2014 2:14 pm  #111

Same here, Phantom. Quite sad. 

Look at this - one of the most distinguished German papers does not even mention "Sherlock".

http://www.zeit.de/kultur/film/2014-08/emmy-awards-2014

Last edited by SusiGo (August 26, 2014 2:16 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 26, 2014 2:18 pm  #112

Honestly... Why wouldn't they mention it on Danish TV?

Lars Mikkelsen was a huge part of it. Ugh.

This really pisses me off for some reason 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2014 2:20 pm  #113

It is the same in Germany.
But just for the record ... who got the most Emmys? SHERLOCK did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 26, 2014 2:20 pm  #114

I suppose they do not mention it on German TV either. It seems they concentrate just on the drama series categories. Breaking Bad everywhere, nothing about Sherlock. 

What did better than BB? Sherlock!!!!!!

Last edited by SusiGo (August 26, 2014 2:22 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 26, 2014 2:23 pm  #115

*joins the choir of cheering for Sherlock*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 26, 2014 2:41 pm  #116

Hurray! That´s fantastic, superb, absolutely astonishing!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 26, 2014 2:46 pm  #117

It's happening here in the US too.  I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning when they said they would be talking about the Emmys.  So, I got excited.  They didn't mention Sherlock even ONCE! 
How many times can we say it, Sherlock won more awards than any other show!  Does that not deserve to be talked about?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 26, 2014 2:52 pm  #118

Even in the US? That's surprising.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 26, 2014 2:53 pm  #119

Drama is the big category, Breaking Bad was the big winner.  They may have mentioned Sherlock more had BC and MF been there to receive their awards.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 26, 2014 3:00 pm  #120

Yes, most news shows never mention best TV Movie or Miniseries at all, and I did hear several mentions because they won the most Emmys. Had they not, I would have been shocked to hear anything. Of course,as sj4ly said, had Benedict (and/or Martin) been there, I'd've expected to see video clips, especially of Benedict.

Speaking of video clips, here's Moff's acceptance speech, so cute!:

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

Board footera