BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2014 4:41 pm  #1321

Re: Johnlock: The Official Debate

Thanks, Susi, that was the footage I was looking for...the youtube seems to be down.
I remember at the time thinking two things:
1 He's used the actors names!

2.  Please Benedict, be laughing!

I love Marcus and he and Benedict are quite good pals, of course.
I wonder if he still would have said it, if Martin had been there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 8, 2014 11:10 pm  #1322

SusiGo wrote:

I usually would not link to a rag like The Mirror but in this case it seems they got it right for once. Please have a look at the caption. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/sherlock-season-4-christmas-special-3788993

Omg I am laughing so much. That's brilliant. Someone must have put this on Tumblr already right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 9, 2014 7:15 am  #1323

That is where I found it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 9, 2014 12:48 pm  #1324

Polyaromy is alive and well on the BBC.   *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 9, 2014 7:24 pm  #1325

And also polygamy,apparently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 9, 2014 7:28 pm  #1326

Has anyone ever considered the question if John's and Mary's marriage is valid? She used a false identity after all. If it was given to her by a state authority within the frame of a witness protection scheme it might work. If not, I am not sure if they are really married. Just saying. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 9, 2014 7:35 pm  #1327

SusiGo wrote:

Has anyone ever considered the question if John's and Mary's marriage is valid? She used a false identity after all. If it was given to her by a state authority within the frame of a witness protection scheme it might work. If not, I am not sure if they are really married. Just saying. 

I have read somewhere that the marrige is not valid. for exactly that reason. But I can't remember the source, sorry. Must have been tumblr.

If only someone would use that in a fanfic ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 9, 2014 7:36 pm  #1328

I think the question came up several times in various threads about S3, but I don't recall anyone having a definite answer to that question.
I don't think that her false identity was given to Mary by a state authority. Sherlock said that she took it from a gravestone, so I would assume that it was her very own doing. She might have had some help in making it look official, but I doubt that this help was in any way official.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 9, 2014 7:38 pm  #1329

Fine. So there would be no bigamy involved. I am quite relieved. 

July 9, 2014 7:41 pm  #1330

SusiGo wrote:

This is an interesting thought, Susi. If John's and Mary's marriage wasn't valid - what would this mean for Sherlock's vow: not valid as well?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 9, 2014 7:44 pm  #1331

Well I certainly hope the bit about John is valid, at least.

July 12, 2014 2:17 pm  #1332

tobeornot221b wrote:

If John's and Mary's marriage wasn't valid - what would this mean for Sherlock's vow: not valid as well?

I like to believe that Mary can be excluded from the vow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 13, 2014 4:08 pm  #1333

yeah, toats agree. i can see why people would think their together, but i think their just friends, maybe in another ife, eh? a life where sherlock isnt sociopathic, and john is gay. and mycroft, moriarty and mary dont exist.

" You cant give creativity a deadline" - Aimee Powell

July 13, 2014 4:12 pm  #1334

Do you really believe Sherlock is a sociopath?

July 13, 2014 4:16 pm  #1335

Sherlock likes to toss the word sociopath around in order to hide his marshmellow soft insides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 13, 2014 4:22 pm  #1336

My thoughts exactly, tonnaree.

(And I am dead sure that he owns a Watson teddy like the one in your sig. )

July 13, 2014 4:48 pm  #1337

You do not have to be gay to love another man. You could be bisexual for example. And to me Sherlock uses the sociopath term as a way to protect and shield himself. Series 3 clearly shows him as emotional and able to feel empathy.

July 13, 2014 6:23 pm  #1338

Though not necessarily that he's gay or bisexual or anything...

July 13, 2014 7:19 pm  #1339

This is simply adorable!

Sometimes, we forget how gay the Unaired Pilot was; you can almost hear "Bella Notte" in the back-ground.

"Bella notte..."

July 13, 2014 7:21 pm  #1340

And it was unaired.

Board footera