BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2014 10:06 pm  #41

Re: Sherlock could be back in time for Christmas

I don't think there will be some kind of end. Mofftiss are always very keen on paying tribute to the original stories and I think they won't turn the storyline of Sherlock into something that provides an end in terms of *there is no possibility to go on*.
IMO it's more likely that they just widen the gaps between the series as sj4iy already said.
And I think the cliffhangers help to keep people interested in the show.  Viewers think about possible solutions and when they are advertising the new series (maybe even more than two years later) they will remember the cliffhanger and watch the episode to see how they solved it. So I doubt that there will be much less viewers.

March 2, 2014 1:39 pm  #42

I would be very happy to hear that series 4 is in production, but I am prepared for a long wait. I am hopeful that if we are very lucky we might get another mini episode on Christmas day this year. I would love an exchange between Lestrade and Mycroft about Moriaty's reappearance. Actually I will settle for anything.

March 5, 2014 9:49 am  #43

Personally, I would rather wait 2 years for a truly polished and carefully crafted production than have it released too 'soon' and have the quality compromised.

March 6, 2014 6:29 am  #44

I think we'll just suddenly hear that they're filming again and until then they'll be quite vague about dates.
You can never really go by what Moffat says with these things, it seems, as he changes what he says so often!
I suspect it's all part of keeping us interested;)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 8, 2014 7:38 pm  #45

Came to this article via a link on Twitter:

http://tv.uk.msn.com/news/gatiss-no-more-sherlock-until-2016-1

It says Mark Gatiss says Sherlock is unlikely to return before 2016. 

Gosh, it's getting hard to know where to post items!  And where to look to see if something has already been posted.  The article above is the same, albeit it without the photo of Mark and lacking the final quotation, as the one posted in a different thread: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=4863

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (March 9, 2014 1:45 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 17, 2014 1:55 pm  #46

It is so confusing! I just got a message which said the new episodes won´t be out until the end of 2016. But 3 days ago I read that the new episodes will definitely come out before spring 2015. Does anyone know whats true now?

June 17, 2014 2:02 pm  #47

Before spring 2015 is quite improbable. Martin will be doing "Richard III" until the end of September. Benedict will be filming "The Hollow Crown" in autumn. No way of filming and post-producing three episodes until spring. 
We can just hope that they will do them some time before the "Hamlet" rehearsals start. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2014 2:44 pm  #48

Maybe they'll do like one of the previous seasons, start filming Sherlock, then the guys go off to meet other commitments, then come back and finish the series?

Wasn't it series three that was filmed in two bits with quite a gap in between while Martin went to do LOTR stuff and that could explain Sherlock's horrible and inconsistent hair?

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 17, 2014 2:48 pm  #49

Yes, they shot TEH and TSoT in spring, then there was a pause and from the end of July they shot HLV. 

As for the hair - as far as I know the episodes were shot chronologically so the hair should be consistent within the respective episodes. If not, it is a continuity error. (I love his series 3 hair best, just saying. And HLV is the best of all). 

However, I do not see him shooting Sherlock soon as his hair is currently very short and he never used a wig. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 17, 2014 2:49 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 2, 2014 2:03 pm  #50

"There is a possibility the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 will take place in the beginning of 2015 and the premiere episode will broadcast later the same year."

Back to hiatus people......

Last edited by Littlepaw (July 2, 2014 2:12 pm)

July 5, 2014 5:15 pm  #51

Any guesses as to how long this Christmas Special will be? I'm hoping for at least 30 minutes!  Is that too much to hope for?!
I'm picturing either a link up to the 4th Series, like the 7 min. New Year's Day short was; or the characters adding on to the X-Mas holiday, in a very short story.
It would be nice if, at the end, the cast all had personal messages for us!  In character or out!

July 5, 2014 6:43 pm  #52

It's been announced that they're shooting a one-off special at the beginning of 2015, which I believe will air later next year. Even though that's not been explicitly mentioned, I assume it'll be another 90 minute episode. Series 4 will shoot late in 2015, probably to air in 2016.

July 6, 2014 6:14 am  #53

Update: Sue Vertue tweeted that the special will be 90 minutes.

July 6, 2014 8:00 am  #54

TeeJay wrote:

Update: Sue Vertue tweeted that the special will be 90 minutes.

90 minutes is great news for the special.
But can anyone explain to me what's the difference between a 90-minutes special and an episode of the same length?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 6, 2014 8:45 am  #55

Maybe....because it's something different. Something "taken out of context". How- and whatever.
Exciting. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 6, 2014 9:22 am  #56

Yes, well, judging from the Doctor Who-Specials it is indeed something... special.
It doesn't have to be compliant with the chronology of the rest of the show, for a start. They could go back and tell a story which involves Moriarty, for example... or other things they might not do in a 'normal' episode.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 6, 2014 11:11 am  #57

90 minuts special? O, it's definitely Christmas, I'm so happy it' like 4 episode in series. Although I wonder if there will be Sherlock and John in this special or it will show for example another story only with Moriarty, from his side of view.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 6, 2014 2:52 pm  #58

90 minutes? Brilliant!  I expected the special episode to be longer than 7 minutes but not a full one, that's great news.

I don't know much about Christmas specials, aren't they just extra episodes that are aired on Christmas? And everything else depends on writers' ideas. So we can for example get a flashback episode but it also can be a normal episode, like in Downton Abbey when the only difference was the length. I really have no clue what to expect 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

July 6, 2014 3:36 pm  #59

I will be Christmas special or just some special? I don't remember BBC saying anything about that so mabye it will be sooner

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 6, 2014 7:47 pm  #60

So far they've only announced a Special and didn't say whether or not it will be a Christmas Special.
And yes, almost anything seems to be possible in a Special, Christmas or not. Maybe they will not even continue where they left off at the end of S3 and do something completely different instead.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera