BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 10:43 pm  #1

Critics' Choice Television Awards

Gosh, this story's on the BBC News website but someone across the pond (me) is the first to post it?    Or has it already been posted elsewhere?  Regardless, here's a link:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27617961

One thing, though: The story says HLV was nominated for four awards.  But isn't the accompanying photo from TSoT?  Or do I need to go and watch all of Series 3 again?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

May 29, 2014 10:55 pm  #2

Re: Critics' Choice Television Awards

Thank you for posting, Sherli. And you are right, the pic is from TSoT but the nominated episode is HLV, I read it somewhere else as well. 
Now Benedict and Martin are up against each other. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 30, 2014 2:46 am  #3

Awww, jeez… both our boys versus Billy Bob Thornton versus David Bradley, Chiwetel Ejiofor, AND Mark Ruffalo?       *wants all to win!*
(Thanks… forgot about the CCTA's coming up!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 30, 2014 3:25 am  #4

Now that's a heartbreaking choice!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 30, 2014 6:37 am  #5

I haven't watched it but there seems to be quite a buzz around Fargo right now, so I'm thinking Martin or Billy Bob Thornton might win?
I don't understand the criteria for nominations though - I expected to see Mathew  McConnaghy in the list for a True Detective.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 20, 2014 12:42 pm  #6

Sadly, His Last Vow didn't get an award and neither did Benedict, Martin or Amanda. But Fargo won in a category "Best mini series". And yes, Billy Bob Thornton got an award as "Best actor in a movie or mini series". It seems I have to watch Fargo eventually 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 20, 2014 1:03 pm  #7

I strongly recommend Fargo. Billy Bob Thornton totally deserves this award - he was amazing and wonderful, his character was so creepy, dark and dangerous. The best dark chcracter I've seen for a while. I still have creeps after last scene with him in Fargo finale. And I'm happy that Allison Tolman win in category "Best supporting actress in a movie or mini-series" - her character was so brilliantly played. I'm surprised though that Mads Mikkelsen wasn't even nominated for his role in Hannibal - I think it was one of the best role in this season.

Last edited by MartaSt (June 20, 2014 1:04 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 20, 2014 4:16 pm  #8

I am very pleased for the Fargo team, worthy winners.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 21, 2014 7:17 pm  #9

Fargo is most definitely worth watching. Finale for us is tomorrow, so I am avoiding spoilers. Bill Bob's portrayal is fantastic, so beautifully underplayed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2014 7:20 pm  #10

I've read the spoilers, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it...plus hubby is home this week, so maybe I won't be as terified as I was last week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera