BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2014 12:13 pm  #121

Re: German air date

Well, I would not accuse my parents of having funny little brains or being goldfish, tbh. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2014 12:15 pm  #122

Same with my husband, Susi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 12:15 pm  #123

It's not only the age. I didn't like Sherlock because it was too fast-paced for me too, at first, and I'm not even 40 yet. You have to get used to that new, overwhelming style. And you have to really want to concentrate on what you see and hear. Most shows these days are all flashy, without anything to pique your interest for real, so many shows are nothing but skin deep. And for a lot of people it takes some time to get used to Benedict as Sherlock and Martin as John as well, I guess. So, I'm not surprised there are people who decide against watching it. But hey, it's their bad, right?

You get so alone at times that it just makes sense.

(Charles Bukowski)

April 24, 2014 12:17 pm  #124

zeratul wrote:

I also do not like extremely fast cuts like in many movies when it comes to a fight or someone running away from another one...

See? This is how it starts 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 24, 2014 12:21 pm  #125

Harriet wrote:

zeratul wrote:

I also do not like extremely fast cuts like in many movies when it comes to a fight or someone running away from another one...

See? This is how it starts

Well it goes to the limits of what the human eye can capture. It is not the fast acting that is bothering me, just the cuts which are almost too fast to even see the picture... Has nothing to do with thinking to me. And I don't find Sherlock very fast. Only the talking is fast, that is why I use subtitles on the first times. In German it is no problem to me to follow the fast talking.

I don't like my parents' attitude to not even try to watch one episode before judgeing... Calling the whole Sherlock Holmes stories "Kokolores" is a bit... Well "Kulturbanause", isn't it?

When someone recommends me something I also honestly give it a try.

And well, yes I think my brain works faster than my parents' brains... Maybe also because I need to use it every day at work ;).

Last edited by zeratul (April 24, 2014 12:24 pm)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 24, 2014 12:25 pm  #126

I can see your points. And hope you will never get older 

Last edited by Harriet (April 24, 2014 12:26 pm)

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 24, 2014 12:31 pm  #127

Well I certainly will ;). But I gonna keep my mind trained.
Also in my defense about the fast cuts: I was never allowed to play video games, so maybe that would have trained my eyes ;).

Well and actually I'm not even that young, though. I am 28.

April 24, 2014 6:05 pm  #128

Ok watched the trailer now. They are showing the full Mary shoots Sherlock thing... Why the hell????

Btw "I heard you" translated with "Ich habe Sie erhört" wtf, they changed the whole meaning of that words!

April 24, 2014 6:11 pm  #129

ERhört? Really??

Saw it on tv last night, too. Was all surprised and couldn't concentrate. Will give it another try now.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 24, 2014 6:12 pm  #130

On the other hand, Mary is hardly recognisable, even more as first time audience don't get to see her as John's bride and wife as well.
I'm a little bit relieved, to be honest.

Last edited by Harriet (April 24, 2014 6:13 pm)

April 24, 2014 6:19 pm  #131

But the "Sie" again??? Well they only showed scenes of TEH using the Sie but tbh I don't have much hope that they will change it later. And it IS ERhört ... I could cry ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 6:22 pm  #132

"Ich habe Sie erhört."  Amen.

April 24, 2014 6:26 pm  #133

Yes, Amen! Wonder what else will come. Comedy time again, but not really funny ...

(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 6:36 pm  #134

Sherlock's original "I heard you" tells me he was genuinely touched by John's speech, whereas "ich habe Sie erhört" gives the impression of a Sherlock treating John with condescension - always coldly being in control. 
Bit not good...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 24, 2014 6:39 pm  #135

You are absolutely right, tobe. I don't understand why they are not able to translate without destroying the original meanings. And I think that won't be their only big mistake. Holy Sh...

(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 6:40 pm  #136

When I hear "erhört", I have think of Sunday mass and hymns. A bit not good, that, either.

Last edited by TeeJay (April 24, 2014 6:40 pm)

April 24, 2014 6:44 pm  #137

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sherlock's original "I heard you" tells me he was genuinely touched by John's speech, whereas "ich habe Sie erhört" gives the impression of a Sherlock treating John with condescension - always coldly being in control. 
Bit not good...

How can you always express so perfectly what I'm feeling without initially knowing? 

April 24, 2014 6:51 pm  #138

Oh, I am sooo glad that we live in the era of DVD and Bluray. I don't know if I would love this show like I do if I would only know the German version.

(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2014 6:53 pm  #139

Agree, tobe. Without religious connotation it sounds condescending. With such, it is ridiculous.

April 24, 2014 6:53 pm  #140

Well Mary is not recognizable BUT, when I saw it, I truely thought she would NOT shoot.
And now the Germans know, she does.

Also the whole Moriarty-centered thing tells the viewer, that there is something about him...

The translation "geht gar nicht". Is Sherlock some kind of god or what?
Also I hate this f***ing Sie...

Compare with the original trailer...
http://www.wirewax.com/sherlock

Board footera