BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 15, 2014 4:08 pm  #1

Hello from New York

I have always loved Sherlock Holmes. I remember as a child I started reading Conan Doyle's novels in random order. I was lying across my mum and dad's bed reading "The Final Problem" and I cried at the end! When I finally got to the right book, I was so pleased and surprised to discover he had returned. This was in the 1960's - no internet, no blogs, no cable, no mobiles. So I was totally spoiler free. Drat that Conan Doyle for making a little girl cry.

To this day I rejoice in Sherlock Holmes' invulnerability. This latest iteration ("Sherlock") is my favourite, even if my hearing is so poor I must watch it with the captions. Thank you for allowing me to visit.

April 15, 2014 4:36 pm  #2

Re: Hello from New York

Warm welcome here, Arabella! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 15, 2014 5:15 pm  #3

Welcome here! Hope you'll like it around here! I think you found the right place!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 15, 2014 7:41 pm  #4

You are most gracious! I'm loving it here already. I am so pleased to have found your website. You have great commenters/posters here.

April 16, 2014 3:41 pm  #5

Boy, am I glad I have discovered this blog. It's such a great place. Especially when you're (Danger! TMI ahead) recovering from Norovirus. It's the rage in New York, and not in a good way.

Just say NO to Norovirus.

April 16, 2014 9:32 pm  #6

Welcome Arabella x

April 16, 2014 11:06 pm  #7

thx!

April 16, 2014 11:39 pm  #8

Welcome, Arabella, have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 17, 2014 12:36 am  #9

Thank you, Susigo. I'm listening to Lotte Lenya right now. Great stuff.

April 17, 2014 9:40 pm  #10

Hello and welcome to the forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 18, 2014 12:07 am  #11

Thank you, Davina. It is a great pleasure to be part of this forum. I haven't had such fun in years.

April 18, 2014 1:24 am  #12

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

I have always loved Sherlock Holmes. I remember as a child I started reading Conan Doyle's novels in random order. I was lying across my mum and dad's bed reading "The Final Problem" and I cried at the end! When I finally got to the right book, I was so pleased and surprised to discover he had returned. This was in the 1960's - no internet, no blogs, no cable, no mobiles. So I was totally spoiler free. Drat that Conan Doyle for making a little girl cry.

To this day I rejoice in Sherlock Holmes' invulnerability. This latest iteration ("Sherlock") is my favourite, even if my hearing is so poor I must watch it with the captions. Thank you for allowing me to visit.

Welcome! Loved your story of the 60s, pre-internet, and being so impressed with Sherlock Holmes in original canon. Lovely. I use the subtitles, too, once I get the DVDs.  Their accents and rapid-fire speech sometimes leave me in the dust on first watch, lol.

April 18, 2014 1:25 am  #13

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

You are most gracious! I'm loving it here already. I am so pleased to have found your website. You have great commenters/posters here.

We da best. I'm  just sayin'.  *smile*

April 18, 2014 8:41 am  #14

Hello and welcome to the forum .

April 19, 2014 12:58 am  #15

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Have fun looking around!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

April 21, 2014 5:26 pm  #16

Thank you all for your welcoming messages. This blog is the best one I could find. Everyone is so civilized. And the encyclopedic knowledge of this community is without equal.

Board footera