BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2012 10:46 pm  #1

THE LIGHTNING QUIZ

Here's our latest quiz thread.
This will not replace the WEEKLY QUIZ but will run at the same time, in fact will run non-stop.
Many of us enjoy the weekly one, but sometimes you just don't have time to ponder. Sometimes you just want a quick brainteaser.
This is the thread for just that thing.

Here are the Guidleines:

1. The questions need not be as involved as the weekly ones; or they can be as hard as you like. Remember though, we want to keep it moving so be prepared to give hints every so often if it's a tough one.

2. Again thinking about keeping it quick, we ask that the questioner ask one question only.

3. The questioner may not be online when it is answered (correctly or incorrectly) So we ask that you send your answer in private message to all staff members so that if you are not here the game moves along. Please title the message "Lightning Quiz answer", that way we can find it & also we can keep it closed if we want to try solving it ourselves.(just to keep our skills honed)

4. The correct answerer will then be able to post a question.

5. Label your question EASY, MEDIUM or HARD and also BBC or Canon if possible.

6. Please ensure questions cover either BBC Sherlock or ACD & his canon. You may even post which it relates to if you think a hint in the right direction is needed.

7. Make sure you've researched the answer; and make sure people would be able to find it, if they look in the right place.

8. Try keeping a list of quirky facts,  funny moments, good lines etc while you watch Sherlock or read about the show or the actors anyway. Then you will be ready for anything when your turn comes. This will keep your observation skills honed for anything.

9. Remember when it's busy here, 'easy ' quick questions could be great.

For Members attempting to answer the quiz, ANSWERS NEED JUST BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD

And lastly.... have fun !!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 10:47 pm  #2

Re: THE LIGHTNING QUIZ

I'll start :

What message was in the fortune cookie  John got at the chinese resturant?

This one is medium/hard & needs research.

I shall post a clue soon after someone asks for one.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 16, 2012 11:45 pm  #3

Lighning quiz answer:

There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 17, 2012 12:03 am  #4

Excellent work!

I was going to ask you to post how you found the answer, but let's wait & see if anyone asks,lol.

OK it's your turn.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 12:12 am  #5

According to Sherlock the average human memory on visual matters is only what percentage accurate?

Probably only medium difficulty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 17, 2012 1:23 am  #6

the answer is 62 %  accurate.   He  said this in the Blind Banker,  When John brought him to the wall that had the cipher message on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 17, 2012 2:12 am  #7

sherlockskitty wrote:

the answer is 62 %  accurate.   He  said this in the Blind Banker,  When John brought him to the wall that had the cipher message on it.

Correct!

Your turn for a question. & thanks to JaneCo for her question.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 3:47 am  #8

Easy---What was floating in the stream, that the hiker was killed by?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 17, 2012 9:55 am  #9

I think Europe is waking up soon, this thread should start moving again.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 6:37 pm  #10

Just to clarify; when attempting to answer, please just post your answer in here .

Geez guys are you stumped on this one?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 6:42 pm  #11

Sorry, was it a boomerang?

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 17, 2012 6:48 pm  #12

Correct

Your turn Ms Molly... good golly!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 17, 2012 6:56 pm  #13

OK, mine's pretty easy and it's from the BBC...
If you take Sherlock's three attempts at breaking into Irene's phone and add them together (letters count as zero) what do you get?

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 17, 2012 7:11 pm  #14

1895 + 2210 + 1058   =   5163   is that the answer you're looking for miss molly?

we shud just call this quis  the RIGHT ANSWERS  quiz.    Lightning  isn't going  according to plan,  and we already  have a wrong answers quiz thread  over on the games section.   I'd  suggest moving this one  to there,  with the new title.   Good idea?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 17, 2012 7:13 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 17, 2012 7:13 pm  #15

Oh yes, Ms Skitty!
I believe it is your turn

June 18, 2012 1:37 am  #16

Well it won't move with out questions, lol!

Here's one for you all:  medium if you know where to look

According to Sherlock Holmes what is a capital mistake?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 18, 2012 2:31 am  #17

sorry  i  wasn't here earlier. 
According to Sherlock Holmes what is a capital mistake?

it goes something like this  It  is a capital mistake to solve crimes without collecting data first.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 18, 2012 2:34 am  #18

Very good!

I have no data. It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data
(Scandal in Bohemia)

OK off ya go. Gives us another one skitty

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 18, 2012 4:16 am  #19

kitty's here, never fear.   I  just updated to ie8  and the gif files have stopped looping.   back to the old drawing board.   

EASY PEASY 

What did Sherlock finally give to Moriarty when they met at the pool?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 18, 2012 11:56 am  #20

The memory stick.

who first introduced Sherlock and John?

Easy

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera