BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2012 3:26 pm  #1

Hi from Vienna!

Hi everyone!
I am really excited about joining this forum 
I love the series, and love discussing it even more. Unfortunately, Sherlock is not that well known around here, so I have nobody to share my thoughts, but I hope this will change now!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

June 14, 2012 3:37 pm  #2

Re: Hi from Vienna!

Good night ...erm ... evening, Vienna!
Glad you could join us - maybe you're even the first of your country here...?
Loads of fun. Make yourself feel at home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 14, 2012 4:03 pm  #3

Hi hypergreenfrog,

welcome to the forum. I am from Germany where there is no real Sherlock mania either. So let us be happy we found this truly international forum  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2012 4:15 pm  #4

Welcome aboard from another green one. Let's paint the walls of this board with newbies, shall we. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here, frog. I've noticed them people here are pretty cool. In the words of Kermit the Frog, "It's not easy being green". But we'll manage my friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 14, 2012 4:23 pm  #5

Hey!!!  welcome!!  It's  great to have someone here from your country.   Does your country have the Vienna Riding School,  where they train the beautiful Lippizaner stallions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 14, 2012 4:46 pm  #6

Hi there hypergreenfrog,

I hope you like our pad enough to stick around.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 14, 2012 5:00 pm  #7

Welcome, welcome

June 14, 2012 5:23 pm  #8

Gruess Gott hypergreenfrog. It's not easy being green but it is cool and friendly like. I hope you have the best time here.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 6:06 pm  #9

Hey there and welcome to our lovely Sherlock community!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 11:36 pm  #10

Welcome, hypergreenfrog.  There's no Sherlock community in Real Life where I live either, but this forum more than makes up for that.  You'll have fun here, I'm sure!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 15, 2012 2:56 am  #11

Welcome! Yes, lots of sharing. Glad to have you with us.

Last edited by veecee (June 15, 2012 7:30 pm)

June 15, 2012 3:50 am  #12

sherlockskitty wrote:

Does your country have the Vienna Riding School,  where they train the beautiful Lippizaner stallions?

Actually, it's where they make the sausages. (Sorry; probably no one outside America knows what I'm talking about...)

Welcome to the forum! I picked you a lovely bouquet of edelweiss... (don't tell the authorities)

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 15, 2012 4:46 am  #13

Tantalus wrote:

Actually, it's where they make the sausages. (Sorry; probably no one outside America knows what I'm talking about...)

I  know,  I  know.   I love those little things too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 15, 2012 6:26 am  #14

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!! I will definitely feel at home here.

And yes, we have the Hofreitschule here, where they train the Lippizaner, and yes, we still dance to Waltz music quite a lot.

But Vienna is also the city of Freud, Schrödinger and Hayek, who, I am convinced, would have all loved Sherlock 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

June 15, 2012 6:53 am  #15

hypergreenfrog wrote:

But Vienna is also the city of Freud, Schrödinger and Hayek, who, I am convinced, would have all loved Sherlock 

Of course they would. Freud even treated Sherlock for his cocaine addiction (if only in the novel and the film "The seven-percent solution"  ).

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2012 7:38 am  #16

SusiGo wrote:

Of course they would. Freud even treated Sherlock for his cocaine addiction (if only in the novel and the film "The seven-percent solution"  ).

Wow, I didn't know that, so it is not just all in my head, then?

June 15, 2012 11:12 am  #17

Welcome...you will love the community here and we are delighted to have you

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera