BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 8, 2014 10:13 pm  #1

German air date

Just found this:
http://sherlock-de.com

Their it says that series 3 will air at ARD on Pentecost.
But no rerun of series 1 and 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 8, 2014 10:17 pm  #2

Re: German air date

Which for me once again proves that ARD does not really try to make this into something big. And I bet they will show it again late in the evening. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2014 10:31 pm  #3

"Sie sind mein bester Freund..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 8, 2014 10:38 pm  #4

I still consider myself lucky, that on a hunch (and good reviews) I found the show on German tv. I expected to be mildly entertained... and was enthralled by SiP. But, as I said on another thread, I fell in love with the show, when I watched the original version of the show. I didn't even bother to watch the dubbed version of season2.

Last edited by sherlocked (January 8, 2014 10:39 pm)

January 8, 2014 10:39 pm  #5

So, three days in a row? And yes, probably at around 11pm. What a treat. One can only hope that at least the 'voices' will be same...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 8, 2014 10:39 pm  #6

Yeah, I am very curious whether they will stick to the "Sie". It would be ridiculous if Sherlock makes his speech and adresses John with "Sie".

I'll still watch it for one time, to finally understand 100%. There were still some phrases I didn't understand despite subtitles.

Last edited by stoertebeker (January 8, 2014 10:42 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 8, 2014 10:43 pm  #7

Das 'Sie' ist lächerlich.
The polite form has been ridiculous from the get go...

January 8, 2014 10:45 pm  #8

Happens to me as well, stoertebecker...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 8, 2014 10:46 pm  #9

"Sie sitzen zwischen den beiden Menschen, die Sie am meisten lieben."  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2014 10:46 pm  #10

LOL - no, SIGH 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 8, 2014 10:49 pm  #11

What are you all complaining about...? I'm always talking like that to my very best friends!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

January 8, 2014 10:50 pm  #12

Noblesse oblige, Solar 

January 8, 2014 10:51 pm  #13

SolarSystem wrote:

What are you all complaining about...? I'm always talking like that to my very best friends!

I expect you to address me like that on Sunday. 

January 8, 2014 10:51 pm  #14

That's a good one, Susi! I can't even remember Sherlock's German voice. It's almost 4 years ago, that I heard it. Can't have made a lasting impression on me. And I can't believe, it's almost 4 years ago...

January 8, 2014 10:54 pm  #15

No problem at all, Susi, like I said: I'm used to it.

Harriet... you are soooo right!

January 8, 2014 10:56 pm  #16

sherlocked wrote:

That's a good one, Susi! I can't even remember Sherlock's German voice. It's almost 4 years ago, that I heard it. Can't have made a lasting impression on me. And I can't believe, it's almost 4 years ago...

Actually, the actor who does the dubbing for Sherlock does a pretty decent job, in my opinion. But seriously, what can you do when you have to dub someone like Benedict...? You can only lose...

January 8, 2014 10:57 pm  #17

Pleasure, I knew you little snob would love it 

January 8, 2014 10:58 pm  #18

SusiGo wrote:

Which for me once again proves that ARD does not really try to make this into something big. And I bet they will show it again late in the evening. 

Don't know a thing about German telly Susi, but how can they not want to make a big thing of Sherlock?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 8, 2014 11:02 pm  #19

Don't ask me. They are just morons, I suppose. 

January 8, 2014 11:04 pm  #20

Wrong broadcasting station 

"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera