BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 21, 2013 8:37 pm  #1

Benedict Cumberbatch's QUOTES

I have opened this new discussion so that we can post any quote said or written by Benedict.
In fact, I have found two which have made me feel very happy because they are about our lovely Sherlock and the upcoming series three: 

"I felt very sentimental on the last day of shooting, thinking, 'Oh, I've got to say goodbye to him again.' He's fucking hard work, always has been, but I love him, and I got sad that I wasn't going to see him again for a while.

Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan. And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way. And there's a new union as well, in the shape of a marriage, which Sherlock takes part in, so we see that."

I hope you like it and try to post as much quotes as you can!!!!

Thanks fans.

Last edited by spanisherlock (October 21, 2013 8:38 pm)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 23, 2013 3:25 am  #2

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch's QUOTES

Didn't see anyone reply yet, and don't have any singular favorites off the top of my head to share, just general enjoyment of a variety of sentiments he's expressed!  But thought you might like reading a bunch of favorite lines that someone else collected (without having to slog through all the interviews for them! ;D) over here on their tumblr:  http://cumberbatchquotes.tumblr.com

Bonus - the first page is filled with quite a few of the (much more light-hearted/goofy) q&a's from the Reddit Ask-Me-Anything thing that all of us went crazy over a while back... did you see the thread for that?    http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3700
Plus when I get grabbed by a particular actor, I always like to look up their trivia/list of works on IMDB... people have posted tons of good quotes of his over there...    I personally like the very sweetly sentimental attitude more people should adopt and is part of what makes him such a great guy, with saying things such as '[my philosophy is] Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame.  I'm also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated'  (which I know quite a few on here also love, and someone has as their signature)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 23, 2013 6:11 am  #3

And kind of hilarious timing, now, with posting that earlier, and someone on my Pinterest boards just posted a favorite Ben quote of theirs, I just had to share!
"At first I wanted to portray Sherlock as a charming, jovial individual with an earnest, empathic concern for humanity at all times. But then I was like, “aw feck it."      (the first part certainly starting to describe the canon Holmes, a little, to which he was probably exposed first with a crash course from fellow fanatics Gatiss and Moffat!  and then just veered to typical Ben).  Found it here, http://sherlock.soup.io/tag/off_screen_quotes, which has a bunch more adorable/hilarious quotes from the guys, if you'd like to see more!  (some great ones from the commentary's, too...) 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 23, 2013 10:13 am  #4

Nice idea. 

“Reading is one of the joys of life, and once you begin, you can’t stop and you’ve got so many stories to look forward to.”—  Benedict Cumberbatch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

October 23, 2013 10:22 am  #5

Have a look at my sig. It's one of my favourites. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2013 10:38 am  #6

I like the one in my sig, too. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 23, 2013 12:27 pm  #7

"Damn good shag."

One of my all time favorites.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 23, 2013 12:32 pm  #8

'There will be nudity!'

From the new video of Smaug motion capture x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

October 23, 2013 1:02 pm  #9

thanks  for all your comments!! I'm glad you like this new threat!!!!
I have read  some of the quotes and I'm very surprised. On the one hand, he talks as a gentleman who has studied in private schools and has a good cultural background and on the other hand, he can say things like: "Damn good shag". ;)  Besides, he is such a great actor, so It's impossible NOT to like him or not be interested in him!!!!
Whenever you find a good quote, don't hesitate to post it here!!!
see you!!!

Last edited by spanisherlock (October 23, 2013 3:05 pm)

October 23, 2013 1:15 pm  #10

spanisherlock wrote:

I have read  some of the quotes and I'm very surprised. On the one hand, he talks as a gentleman who has studied in private schools and has a good cultural background and on the other hand, he can say things like: "Damn good shag". ;)  Besides, he is such a great actor, so It's impossible not to get grabbed by him.

see you!!!

He can grab me ANYTIME.

And him seeming so proper and British most of the time is what makes it totally adorable when he goes all risque or dorky.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 23, 2013 3:03 pm  #11

tonnaree wrote:

spanisherlock wrote:

I have read  some of the quotes and I'm very surprised. On the one hand, he talks as a gentleman who has studied in private schools and has a good cultural background and on the other hand, he can say things like: "Damn good shag". ;)  Besides, he is such a great actor, so It's impossible not to get grabbed by him.

see you!!!

He can grab me ANYTIME.

And him seeming so proper and British most of the time is what makes it totally adorable when he goes all risque or dorky.   

Hello,
I think I misunderstood the expression "get grabbed". I thought it meant "when you are addicted to something/someone  you can't live without it  or him/her".  As you can see, I have changed my comment and have turned into a more proper one.  Sorry, next time I see or read something I'm not very sure about it, I will look it up a dictionary!!!

thanks!!!

January 3, 2014 6:00 pm  #12

I think this one in my favorites;
"Get out! I need to go to Mind Palace."

Board footera