BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2013 1:54 am  #1

John's 'stache

I have avoided spoilers LIKE THE PLAGUE, so please don't spoiler me...

Saw the trailer with John sporting a very revolting moustache. Kind of hoping that after the whole "yeah, so, um, not actually dead" reunion, Sherlock then refuses to have John along until he shaves LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 10, 2013 5:29 am  #2

Re: John's 'stache

I think the whole fandom is hoping this.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 10, 2013 10:27 am  #3

Swanpride wrote:

I really don't mind the stache....Freeman can really sell me everything.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 10, 2013 10:29 am  #4

Yeah, I want Sherlock to be all "WTF IS THAT ON YOUR FACE JAWN". Like, if the first thing he says to him when they first get reunited is about his moustache, and John is all "WTF YOU'VE BEEN AWAY FOR 18 MONTHS/THREE YEARS/HOWEVER LONG IT IS AND ALL YOU CAN GO ON ABOUT IS MY BLOODY MOUSTACHE. I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD, SHERLOCK!!!"

(Obviously without the swearing and slang)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 10, 2013 10:49 am  #5

It would be just like Sherlock to make a completely stupid and misplaced remark about John's moustache right during their first confrontation just so John can flip out a bit more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 10, 2013 10:55 am  #6

I know what happens in the reunion so I'm keeping my mouth shut...but I do like the idea of Sherlock mocking the moustache 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 10, 2013 11:09 am  #7

He has used the word before, it's quite mild. Like in Hounds after Sherlock deduces Mrs Hudson and she runs off, John asks, "What the bloody hell was that about?" and in Scandal he talks about Mycroft's "bloody stupid power complex". 

But for the first one, when Hounds was repeated a few months ago that scene was before the 9pm watershed, and the whole line was cut out...

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 10, 2013 11:17 am  #8

Yeah, "bloody" is generally acceptable. And "piss off" of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 10, 2013 11:23 am  #9

John says "shit" in Scandal when Mycroft tells him Sherlock took the cigarette. That's the only time I think he says it. He says hell a lot...

October 6, 2013 10:30 am  #10

John Watson is made complete!

Last edited by HL0000 (October 6, 2013 10:31 am)

October 9, 2013 12:24 am  #11

OMG I only just saw that post ^^^ 

Hilarious! I love it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 9, 2013 12:29 am  #12

Love the 'stache! 

October 9, 2013 3:52 am  #13

Wholocked wrote:

OMG I only just saw that post ^^^ 

Hilarious! I love it!

Same here! Hahahaha! 

-------------------------------------------------------

October 9, 2013 5:37 am  #14

Yes, this IS absolutely hilarious, love it!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

November 19, 2013 8:06 pm  #15

kittykat wrote:

I know what happens in the reunion so I'm keeping my mouth shut...but I do like the idea of Sherlock mocking the moustache 

Wow. May I ask How did you get so lucky?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

November 19, 2013 8:17 pm  #16

How do I know what happens? Reading spoilers  They're out there if you know where to look 

November 20, 2013 2:10 am  #17

There is one that I saw filming at night between sherlock and a certain female. Tissues and nasal blockage was also apprarent-that one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sherlock Holmes, "Perfectly sound analysis but I was hoping you'd go deeper."

November 20, 2013 10:02 am  #18

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that nobody in the fandom really knows every last detail of the reunion, starting with what is said between the two of them, in what tone it is said and so forth.
So the way I see it, it is quite likely that Sherlock will mock John about the moustache and that might just make John go completely furious with Sherlock and then... kablooey.

November 20, 2013 4:10 pm  #19

I only know one line, because apparently someone overheard it while they were filming.

But yes, tissues and nasal blockage. And as much as I love that crazy detective, he deserved it!

January 8, 2014 2:03 pm  #20

Wholocked wrote:

I have avoided spoilers LIKE THE PLAGUE, so please don't spoiler me...

Saw the trailer with John sporting a very revolting moustache. Kind of hoping that after the whole "yeah, so, um, not actually dead" reunion, Sherlock then refuses to have John along until he shaves LOL

I'm sorry to randomly resurrect this post... but whoa, Wholocked, are you sure you can't see the future?!?!

Board footera