BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2013 3:05 am  #1

"Sherlock" writer wanted to write episode without Benedict Cumberbatch

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 5, 2013 3:36 am  #2

Re: "Sherlock" writer wanted to write episode without Benedict Cumberbatch

Yeah, that would be really weird

Although I'd really really really really (.........................) like to see flashback of the Holmes childhood. I love their relationship so much, and would love to learn more about it. How cute and interesting would it be to have a glimpse at kid Sherlock and teenage Mycroft?

Just like old times...

October 5, 2013 9:05 am  #3

A flashback would be really nice but a whole episode without Benedict? No. A very big No. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 5, 2013 12:51 pm  #4

I would love to have seen flashbacks...but not an entire episode.

Last edited by sj4iy (October 5, 2013 1:37 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 5, 2013 12:54 pm  #5

Well, he says it himself: "I must’ve been drunk or something. Benedict’s amazing; how could I suggest it?”
Maybe he had too much port?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 5, 2013 12:57 pm  #6

No. One cannot have "too much port" 

(Well, Billy Pitt could..)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 5, 2013 1:18 pm  #7

This is spreading out all over the forum, Harriet. We really need this other thread...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 5, 2013 7:13 pm  #8

Can you imagine the uproar from the fandom? We have to wait so long for 3 episodes we would explode if he was only in 2.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

October 5, 2013 9:04 pm  #9

I admit that the idea is kind of interesting from an artistic point of view, because it really would be unexpected. I guess you could do this if there weren't only three episodes, but three episodes are... almost nothing, anyway. And one whole episode without the main character... no way.

October 5, 2013 9:38 pm  #10

I like the idea of Sherlock taking a backseat in an episode and seeing more of the other characters...but he should still be there.

October 5, 2013 10:08 pm  #11

Oh no, no to the highest power!  A flashback episode walking down memory lane
would be fine but Benedict needs to be there to take us.

October 6, 2013 10:58 pm  #12

Ha ha, Sherlockology posted the link on their facebook page today.

I more or less made the same comment as here ("As I said when I first read the article, I'd love love love so see flashbacks of the Holmes childhood. How nice would it be to get a glimpse of kid Sherlock and teenage Mycroft? Their Relationship is so complex and interesting! But a whole episode without Ben? Nah!"), and got so far 187 "Like", I feel like a star  (just kidding huh!)

I still don't get how the comment "Sherlock without Benedict? I wouldn't watch!" got 259 likes... *rolleyes*

Of course, Benedict has a lot to do with the success of the show and is one of the main reasons I watch it, but like I replied (and got 17 likes ha ha), I don't watch the show for the sake of Benedict only and would definitely watch an episode even if he weren't in there. Sherlock as a kid is still Sherlock and I'd LOVE to learn more about his childhood. And besides, what about the other actors?

I think that people claiming they wouldn't watch it are not Sherlock fans, but only Benedict ones and I think it's a pity, but maybe that's just me...

Just like old times...

Board footera