BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 23, 2012 9:43 pm  #1

Pop Matters: Tea With Sherlock (article)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 24, 2012 12:11 am  #2

Re: Pop Matters: Tea With Sherlock (article)

Wow this is a fabulous article! Highly recommended.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 24, 2012 4:10 am  #3

"The sleuthing stories are transport; Sherlock Holmes is the one being solved…Who is he? The answer—even as we assail, without success, the creators of the show for the original meaning—is to be found nowhere but within ourselves, and that truly pushes Sherlock up through the clouds of entertainment and into the stratosphere of real art."

Yes - that's it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 24, 2012 6:07 am  #4

What en excellent article, nice to read some proper analysis. I must have missed The Daily Mail's et al convulsions...no great loss...at Benedict's American sell-out. Wonder if Simon Pegg has received the same treatment then? Not sure what Steven Moffat would make of the 'remnants of his Scottish accent' remark but I can picture his face as I am writing this.

Oh...Martin Crieff is not crazy!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 24, 2012 6:20 am  #5

Thanks for forwarding this link!   This article was refreshing to read.

May 24, 2012 6:22 am  #6

Well, I have had a look at The Daily Mail on-line and can find no convulsions whatsoever and no references to 'selling out' to America, whatever that is.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 24, 2012 6:39 am  #7

Good grief.
Well it is on a site aptly titled 'Pop' matters. Much of the first page is all fangirl fantasy really. For one part, I don't even think they read what they said earlier. Maybe there was more than one writer, but by the nd of that page I was giggling to myself over a few contradictions.

Second page seems a bit more matter of fact.

I would like to see the actual interview, there are some things not well explained.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 24, 2012 12:13 pm  #8

The 'actual interview' is the Q&A session after Scandal preview. It's on YouTube somewhere.

Benedict has referenced the 'sell-out' slander in another interview. Something about going to Hollywood and dating a model and becoming a walking cliche.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 24, 2012 12:38 pm  #9

Maybe another paper then. I shall investigate! Mwahahah!

June 5, 2012 2:18 pm  #10

A very well-written and thorough article with nice photos. Thanks very much for posting  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2012 4:53 pm  #11

“I don’t think he’s damaged at all. I think it’s all self-inflicted. I think what this is about is humanizing him, making you realize there’s actually an adolescent that is being repressed from childhood purposely in order try and become the ultimate, calculating deduction machine. And he can’t actually do that. 

Thank you Benedict!

Great article and so spot on: The show is about the unravelling all the complex layers of Sherlock. And the best news is: Sherlock is doing the investigation

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera