BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2013 1:58 pm  #1

Please suggest a show... I need British humour

I love British shows like Red Dwarf, The IT Crowd, Spy (2011), The Office, Bruiser and Blackadder. And I've already watched all the sketches on youtube with Rowan Atkinson. A new school year is here and I desperately need another British show. Help me, please!

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

September 21, 2013 2:14 pm  #2

Re: Please suggest a show... I need British humour

Hmh, perhaps Little Britain? (As rude as hilarious...)
But make sure you get the UK version, not the US version 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 21, 2013 2:30 pm  #3

If you like Ricky Gervais, you surely would like 'Life's too short' 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

September 21, 2013 2:46 pm  #4

I quite like "Come fly with me", the mockumentary comedy series with Matt Lucas and David Williams.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 21, 2013 7:42 pm  #5

Hmmm all four sound very good thanks

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -

September 22, 2013 4:11 pm  #6

"Spaced" is really funny. It's Simon Pegg and Nick Frost pre-Shaun of the Dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Just tea for me, thanks!

September 22, 2013 7:48 pm  #7

Miranda!!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2013 1:44 am  #8

Spaced and Miranda look also promising thanks but I started with Hardware (I think we all know the adorable reason) and it's just perfect It reminded me of Black Books actually.

September 23, 2013 4:25 pm  #9

Absolutely Fabulous

Black Books

Last edited by TicTacToe (September 23, 2013 4:27 pm)

September 24, 2013 12:27 am  #10

'Vicar of Dibley'? 'Outnumbered'? These shows are older and not on anymore but maybe out on DVD or Youtube....

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 24, 2013 7:17 am  #11

Peep Show, Fresh Meat, Friday Night Dinner, just started Cuckoo too. Love them all especially Peep Show

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

September 30, 2013 7:12 am  #12

There is a link to Sherlock in Miranda, well to Benedict. One of the characters is played by John Finnemore and he is the writer of Cabin Pressure (which Benedict is in) and he plays the dippy adorable Arthur in it too. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 3, 2013 8:39 pm  #13

Pav wrote:

I love British shows like Red Dwarf, The IT Crowd, Spy (2011), The Office, Bruiser and Blackadder. And I've already watched all the sketches on youtube with Rowan Atkinson. A new school year is here and I desperately need another British show. Help me, please!

I enjoy Being Human (UK version of course). Don't take it too seriously - just have fun with it. It's wacky. I also don't mind certain episodes of Skins. 

When I was little, I used to watch reruns of Fawlty Towers. If you like school related dramas (think a UK version of Boston Public) - maybe check out Waterloo Road? I haven't seen too much of that one, though.

I want to watch Luther, Wallander, Game of Thrones and Merlin. Haven't seen any of those yet.

Board footera