BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2013 1:32 pm  #1

My Fanart

So I've made various Sherlock fanart. I'm not sure how many can be shown per post. So.. I'll start with one at first?

I did this for LetsDrawSherlock.

I'm still new to digital arting.

Last edited by Song (October 1, 2013 1:34 pm)

October 1, 2013 1:37 pm  #2

Re: My Fanart

This is really interesting, Song. Reminds me a bit of David Bowie on the "Aladdin Sane" cover. 

You can post more than one pic by just adding more links but one picture at a time is fine as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 1, 2013 1:56 pm  #3

I'm glad it reminds you of that! Because thats what it was based on xD.

And Ok!

Here's another.

I haven't settled on a style yet.

October 1, 2013 2:35 pm  #4

Tbh, I like the first one better. I am not a big fan of men-animal cross-overs but that could be just me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 1, 2013 3:01 pm  #5

Haha thats ok, I like it and thats what matters, right?

At the moment I'm having trouble drawing expressions and well..most of the body, so nearly all my pictures will be from the shoulders up.

October 1, 2013 3:12 pm  #6

Woah, your works are amazing! And quite imaginative This moose/deer-guy painting makes me think of Sam from SPN, heh ;]

The Road goes ever on and on...

October 1, 2013 3:15 pm  #7

Thank you!

It's fawn!lock, an AU I saw on tumblr.

The purplySherlock was supposed to be Goth!lock but it didn't go so well. XD

This Gothlock isn't very good, but I kind of like the style...not heaps...but it's not horrible. XD

October 1, 2013 3:39 pm  #8

Here's another sort of style. It's getting late so I'll probably post more tommorow. 

October 2, 2013 7:58 am  #9

I'm not too proud of this one. It's an earlier one compared to my top one.

It was an attempt at a different style. (I like AU's)

October 3, 2013 5:07 am  #10

I thought the first one was Gotye! These are all amazing.

I bow before the talent of the people in our fandom(s)!

And I love the last one though it makes me think more of Martin Crieff than Sherlock ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 3, 2013 5:21 am  #11

This one isn't great but I liked the colours and the scarf I did for him. 
Haha I'm not great. I'm still learning how to colour, lineart and draw digitally. Often my sketches look way better than the digital version, because i have trouble doing the lineart and colour of them sometimes. 

Lol I wish I could get Sai on mac. XD

Thanks though!

October 3, 2013 11:18 am  #12

I thought I'd include some sketches this time. I feel like they are a lot better than my digital drawings. 
(cant find the right brushes lol) these were just coloured on photoshop. Not digital lineart.

Here's a digital drawing based on one of the sketches.

Line art is haaaaaaard

October 3, 2013 12:03 pm  #13

I like them all!  And this one with "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" is great too, don't say it isn't

The Road goes ever on and on...

October 3, 2013 12:07 pm  #14

Deilenn wrote:

I like them all!  And this one with "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" is great too, don't say it isn't

Ah! Thank you! 

I only meant that..the style is one i'm not happy with but I'd never done one with a background before...

October 3, 2013 3:33 pm  #15

Though Sherlock's face hasn't been captured fully in the later pictures, your art is really amazing.

October 3, 2013 3:41 pm  #16

holmes23 wrote:

Though Sherlock's face hasn't been captured fully in the later pictures, your art is really amazing.

Thanks!

Yeah his face is so hard! Sometimes I think I've got it and other times I know I haven't. XD

I'll get there one day. 

October 7, 2013 7:45 am  #17

A few new sketches for future chapters of my zombie!lock/warm bodies fic, Cold Body Warm Heart

October 7, 2013 2:00 pm  #18

Few more Benedict Sketches.

Last one is another from my zombie!lock fic...I draw a lot of that..

October 7, 2013 11:26 pm  #19

I really like your John in the one above - and he's often the harder of the two to capture. Keep at it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 13, 2013 1:51 pm  #20

KeepersPrice wrote:

I really like your John in the one above - and he's often the harder of the two to capture. Keep at it!

Thank you! John's face is so hard XD 

Board footera