BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2012 6:26 am  #1

Class is in - your homework is set- study the case of Sherlock Holmes

Study up people, we'll discuss it later.

BBC show-Fourty Minutes
Season 4 episode 23

The Case of Sherlock Holmes was a feature in the BBC's well-respected 40 Minutes strand (despite lasting nearly twice that length) described by its makers as "a documentary entertainment". It's a detailed look at the whole, sometimes bizarre, world that's grown up around the character: everything from Old Foggy London Town package tours for wealthy Americans to serious literary scholars, from historical and social analysts to the dedicated group who make a yearly pilgrimage to the tiny US town of Moriarty to heap abuse on the head of Holmes's greatest enemy and sing "Happy Unbirthday, You Bastard" in his memory. The many film and TV extracts include some real rarities, including a brief clip of Leonard Nimoy in the role. The programme is presented by Tim Pigott-Smith, who has played both Holmes and Watson. Oh - keep watching afterthe closing credits for a couple of tiny but nice codas. Written by Brian Thompson & David Pearson and produced by David Pearson. Aired on BBC2 on 10th December 1987.

For Nimoy fan,jump to part 3 (at 11.00-12.00 min) and part 5 (2.10-2.38) after Dr.Henry Rollin,Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist say "...Holmes was a homosexual...".

I think Nimoy's footages appear in this documentary come from "SHERLOCK HOLMES : Interior Motive (1976) but I'm not sure because I don't have and watch it.
If you interest

More information about SHERLOCK HOLMES : Interior Motive (1976) at www.ponilla.org/Nimoy/TVFilms_SHolmes_IntMotive.htm

An artical,Nimoy's a Natural Sherlock Holmes(1976), interview Leonard Nimoy relation between Holmes and Spock with his photos as Holmes:

http://www.ponilla.org/Nimoy/AQ_SherlockHolmes.htm

Anna & Margitta,could you upload bigger picture?(T-T)

And online article "Sherlock Spock? Why, yes. It's elementary, my dear Vulcan." with "Shelock Spock" picture at : http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2009/12/24/sherlock-spock-totally-logical/

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 4, 2012 9:52 am  #2

Re: Class is in - your homework is set- study the case of Sherlock Holmes

Got about 2 minutes through and gave up
It seems very interesting but my attention span is severly lacking! I really need to think of a way of improving my patience...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 5, 2012 7:40 am  #3

yep Molly  I'm with you on this one.   

June 5, 2012 7:56 am  #4

Oh dear, people!
I'll try & find something with some bling and zing  shall I?

Sorry, no BBC Sherlock in these ones, just dull old canon Holmes.
*sigh*

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:19 am  #5

You make me seem so unsophisticated!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 5, 2012 8:20 am  #6

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:27 am  #7

I want my drink to go in my mouth and not come out my nose!!

June 5, 2012 8:29 am  #8

Hold your nose then.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:30 am  #9

Do you always have an answer!?

June 5, 2012 8:32 am  #10

It's my job. I'm an 'answers' person.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:41 am  #11

kazza474 wrote:

It's my job. I'm an 'answers' person.

I guess then we can call you "Mrs Punchline", can't we?

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 5, 2012 8:45 am  #12

I wouldn't say no to that!  hehehehe

(oh dear, I MUST stop these silly exclamation marks creeping into my posts)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:55 am  #13

Come on, Kazza. Exclamation marks are a sign of joy!

(now I've got to stop posting so many animations!)

June 5, 2012 9:20 am  #14

Behave, 'the bosslady' is around.

I deny everything.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 10:55 am  #15

Quick! Delete the other posts!!

June 5, 2012 11:29 am  #16

Molly Hooper wrote:

Quick! Delete the other posts!!

It wouldn't make any difference.
I witnessed it all mwahahahaaaa

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 5, 2012 11:30 am  #17

Ohhhh! A black mailer.

Heaven help me now.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 11:44 am  #18

PLEASE! Don't tell Sherlock!
Do you expect me to beg?! 

June 5, 2012 11:50 am  #19

I'm a black mailer, that's what I do for a living. Don't you remember? The dominatrix with loads of interesting information?

Molly, I'll expect you to beg for mercy... twice

June 5, 2012 11:52 am  #20

I NEVER beg for Mercy!

Board footera