BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2013 8:40 pm  #1

The Fall: We were prepared!

There was a lot of talking about "falls" prior to THE FALL (Reichenbach Falls, Dutch telecom in free fall, I.O.U. a fall...), but I nearly missed the fact that there was actually an anticipated fall performed by something urging "Keep calm and carry on".
Interesting fact: From these perspectives, we see neither of the falling objects/subjects actually hit the ground.
What might we deduce about the survival chance of the mug?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 28, 2013 7:40 pm  #2

Re: The Fall: We were prepared!

There is still the question about what hint in TRF we've missed.

Again - we were prepared.
Moffat said at the Comic Con:
"When you see the answer, you'll see that yes, we did know in advance. We had to plot it out."

Apart from all those rubber balls and laundry trucks: What else might that be?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 28, 2013 8:05 pm  #3

I was thinking: Henry Fishguard. Still hanging around in 221B.He never committed suicide (though it looked as one).
Though he seems to be dead, he never touched the ground after "falling" into the rope.
Maybe he somehow served as a role model for Sherlock?

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 28, 2013 8:24 pm  #4

If someone, somewhere on the internet, hasn't mentioned this "thing we all missed" by now and actually got it right, I'd actually be really surprised. I mean, how many things can there be? We've all seen the episode hundreds of times.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 30, 2013 9:38 am  #5

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

If someone, somewhere on the internet, hasn't mentioned this "thing we all missed" by now and actually got it right, I'd actually be really surprised. I mean, how many things can there be?.

My thoughts exacty! That's why we should open a poll and then close th ethread, to see who got it right

September 30, 2013 2:45 pm  #6

The Doctor wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

If someone, somewhere on the internet, hasn't mentioned this "thing we all missed" by now and actually got it right, I'd actually be really surprised. I mean, how many things can there be?.

My thoughts exacty! That's why we should open a poll and then close th ethread, to see who got it right

Nice idea!

A kind of competition...

Board footera