BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2013 12:10 pm  #1

Definite date for new season?

Do we know when the Beeb's going to start airing the new season yet?

June 3, 2013 12:56 pm  #2

Re: Definite date for new season?

Nope! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2013 2:55 pm  #3

There is a false information on imdb, which says that the new series is going to air in September, but the producers confirmed that this is certainly not the case and the date of airing remains unknown for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 13, 2013 9:36 am  #4

Will be pirating the new series That's not to say I won't purchase the DVD when it does come out but I'm sick of waiting an addition 6 months to a year to see what everyone else has already seen. As soon as it has aired in Britain, I will be streaming/torrenting it (Yes, us fans can be very creative when it comes to access ).

June 13, 2013 4:19 pm  #5

saturnR wrote:

Will be pirating the new series That's not to say I won't purchase the DVD when it does come out but I'm sick of waiting an addition 6 months to a year to see what everyone else has already seen. As soon as it has aired in Britain, I will be streaming/torrenting it (Yes, us fans can be very creative when it comes to access ).

Can you not watch BBC iplayer?  Just curious.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 17, 2013 8:36 pm  #6

What time is it likely to be on? What time were Series 1 and 2 on and is it likely to be the same day?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 17, 2013 8:55 pm  #7

sj4iy wrote:

saturnR wrote:

Can you not watch BBC iplayer?  Just curious.

BBC iplayer does not work in the US. 

I had forgotten that I'd have to wait longer than the UK and that everyone on the forum will have seen and talked about the series before I can. Enormous frownie-face of despair

June 18, 2013 2:57 pm  #8

Once it aires I'd recommend Expat Shield to our members outside of the UK wishing to watch it on BBC iPlayer the moment the episode ends.

You'll be 90 minutes behind, but that's acceptable enough considering the various timezone differences we all have.

Just make sure you buy the DVDs when they come out

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 18, 2013 3:14 pm  #9

m0r1arty wrote:

Once it aires I'd recommend Expat Shield to our members outside of the UK wishing to watch it on BBC iPlayer the moment the episode ends.

You'll be 90 minutes behind, but that's acceptable enough considering the various timezone differences we all have.

Just make sure you buy the DVDs when they come out

-m0r

There are various VPN services out there that do the same (wink wink).

/owns the Blu-rays in English, DVDs in Japanese, soundtracks and casebook...so yeah, they still get my money.

Last edited by sj4iy (June 18, 2013 3:15 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 27, 2013 4:26 pm  #10

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 27, 2013 4:33 pm  #11

I think we'll all need shock blankets when the airdate is given...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 28, 2013 12:37 pm  #12

I'll need a shock blanket if they don't come up with a proper trailer soon!
I know they're still editing etc., but if they were able to present a rough-cut scene from season 3 at Comic Con, they should manage to produce an early trailer as well. They do know how much the fandom is waiting, after all...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 28, 2013 7:25 pm  #13

Probably they will make a big deal out of it again. With a countdown and all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

September 28, 2013 9:12 pm  #14

Actually, they'd be pretty stupid if they didn't make a big deal out of it. I guess it's part of the fun and they'll make it as stretching as possible. They probably know as well as we do that twitter and tumblr will go crazy for days and maybe even weeks when they start this thing... it's the best promotion they can get without actually doing a whole lot.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 29, 2013 9:02 am  #15

Of course they don't have to, but I actually can understand them if they do. It's their big thing, so they probably enjoy supporting all the fuss even further.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 30, 2013 6:23 am  #16

They will aim for a great build up and hope to trawl in new viewers at the same time. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 8, 2013 12:43 am  #17

I've been checking the web daily for any updates as to an airing date for the new season; I hope there will be some kind of announcement soon. I just want something to mark on my calendar already! ^_^

Sherlock - Restoring balance to the universe since 1-1-2012 ~

Gallifrey Stands!!!

October 8, 2013 12:51 am  #18

Swanpride wrote:

So we are now down to discussing how the writers will troll us next?
We really need something new.....

Damn Moffat and Gatiss.  It's bad enough how they troll us but now they've got us asking for it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 8, 2013 2:17 am  #19

tonnaree wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

So we are now down to discussing how the writers will troll us next?
We really need something new.....

Damn Moffat and Gatiss.  It's bad enough how they troll us but now they've got us asking for it.

Ha! They really are evil geniuses....

-------------------------------------------------------

October 18, 2013 6:13 pm  #20

I am wondering if it's possible that BBC announce the date during or after the Doctor Who anniversary. It would fit, as post-production will be finished until then.

How did BBC announced the air date of series 2 back then? Was it with a press release or a trailer?

Last edited by stoertebeker (October 18, 2013 6:14 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

Board footera